Anyone knows how to eliminate scaling input lag?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Anyone knows how to eliminate custom resolution input la

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Jun 2019, 11:31

Notty_PT wrote:You are welcome my friend.Happy to help. :)
karavanasam wrote:Thanks for the help too pwn and pox, this is fixed! Close thread :lol:
Thanks for helping each other out! That's what Blur Busters Forums is here for.

No need to close thread.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

dadaw

Post by dadaw » 01 Aug 2019, 12:05

Hey guys. Ausome post.

I have a similar problem since I play in 1440x1080.

Sould I use the same Front port and sync width values for 1440x1080 resolution?

Thanks in advance
XB273QX , Benq 2K 60hz , 8600K @ 5gHZ, 1080Ti , 2x8Gb 3200mhz CL14, Aorus Master Z390

Scriba

Post by Scriba » 17 Feb 2020, 10:26

dadaw wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 12:05
Hey guys. Ausome post.

I have a similar problem since I play in 1440x1080.

Sould I use the same Front port and sync width values for 1440x1080 resolution?

Thanks in advance
Bump, I have the same Resolution (but stretched).

Scriba

Re: Anyone knows how to eliminate custom resolution input lag?

Post by Scriba » 20 Mar 2020, 09:38

another shy bump, maybe someone can help

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Anyone knows how to eliminate scaling input lag?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 Mar 2020, 17:41

Yes, GPU scaling is predictably ultralow lag on modern GPUs -- including fixing overscan.

And relilably lower lag nowadays than monitor scaling.

For any NVIDIA or AMD GPU in the last few years, GPU scaling became more reliably lower lag than monitor lag. Try turning off monitor scaling and using GPU scaling instead.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Scriba

Post by Scriba » 20 Mar 2020, 17:56

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 17:41
Yes, GPU scaling is predictably ultralow lag on modern GPUs -- including fixing overscan.

And relilably lower lag nowadays than monitor scaling.

For any NVIDIA or AMD GPU in the last few years, GPU scaling became more reliably lower lag than monitor lag. Try turning off monitor scaling and using GPU scaling instead.
I greatly appreciated your help but my post/bumb was referring to the custom resolution settings from pox02 at page 1. I'm looking for a smooth custom resolution settings as you can see here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6475&p=47977#p47977

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 Mar 2020, 23:14

Reduced resolutions definitely help raise frame rate in some games. When using GPU scaling, one can skip ToastyX CRU and simply type in the numbers in NVIDIA Custom Resolution instead, with the Automatic formula, and simply use the GPU configuration options for stretch and non-stretch modes. Much easier.

ToastyX CRU has its place and is important for many tricks -- especially when trying to force display scaling -- but for simple custom resolution tricks using NVIDIA GPU scaling (or 1:1), you can completely solely use NVIDIA Control Panel.

Scriba

Post by Scriba » 22 Mar 2020, 04:42

Yea indeed I used only NVIDIA GPU for custom resolutions in the past. But my new monitor (xn253qp) doesn't activate G-Sync on other resolutions (only native) but with CRU G-Sync is working.

Kaksou

Post by Kaksou » 24 Mar 2020, 05:34

trying to get streched resolution (1440x1080) on gpu scaling but I am unable to get it fit entire screen, (I get blackbars on side) any way to get streched to fit whole screen?

alexander1986

Post by alexander1986 » 25 Mar 2020, 06:21

Kaksou wrote:
24 Mar 2020, 05:34
trying to get streched resolution (1440x1080) on gpu scaling but I am unable to get it fit entire screen, (I get blackbars on side) any way to get streched to fit whole screen?
I believe you have to select "fullscreen" scaling in the nvidia control panel, and may or may not have to tick the checkbox under as well :

my windows is in Swedish language but you should be able to work it out I guess from the picture :p

the checkbox at the bottom would be something like "ignore scaling set by games and applications" in English I guess and I don't think this is needed to check if you just select "fullscreen" scaling above it, but maybe it is also needed in some games/apps, either way this should work I think !