Static interlaced pattern in certain lighter shades of blue

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
action123

Static interlaced pattern in certain lighter shades of blue

Post by action123 » 15 Jun 2019, 14:52

I have an MSI GE75 8SG laptop that uses a CMN175c (N173HCE-G33) panel and although it is a very nice panel and does not have the inverse ghosting issue the AUO panel this laptop can come with, I have noticed faint static horizontal/interlaced lines in certain exact shades of blue (and one or two shades of orange). This is very similar to what is described at the forum thread below but horizontal.
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/69 ... n-monitor/

It is basically every odd line of pixels is slightly brighter but again only in certain solid shades of blue. For example using the chart in this link (https://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/blue-color.html), I see the lines in the deepskyblue and dodgerblue shades. All other shades of blue, the effect is not visible (to me). And all other solid colors (all shades of red, green, etc) are perfect... not noticeable grid or interlace at all. This issue is also not noticed at all in video or gaming... no noticeable inversion artifacts, ghosting or anything while gaming or playing movies.

Other than this issue, the monitor is awesome.

Anyone else notice this effect with 144hz Innolux AAS "IPS-Like" panels? Maybe it is due to the specific sub pixel layout that affects blue colors? I know this is somewhat common with VA panels (but usually only during motion, which does not happen here). Or am I just over sensitive to things like this. For example, I am one of the few that are very sensitive (if not picky) to uniformity issues that affects some LCDs in iPhones. I should mention the issue goes away or at least not noticeable if I sit straight up and look down at the monitor or further away.

oof_oof

Re: Static interlaced pattern in certain lighter shades of b

Post by oof_oof » 16 Jun 2019, 13:43

maybe try doing a DDU driver uninstall and then reinstall the gpu driver?

action123

Re: Static interlaced pattern in certain lighter shades of b

Post by action123 » 18 Jun 2019, 15:22

oof_oof wrote:maybe try doing a DDU driver uninstall and then reinstall the gpu driver?
I thought about that but the issue is present in linux as well. I booted from a ubunto live usb. With that said, since this is an nvidia optimus laptop and the display is driven buy the intel 630 GPU, I wonder if the intel driver or micro-code changed the GPU's vbios?