Pixels not matching

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
stertyr

Pixels not matching

Post by stertyr » 18 Jun 2019, 14:39

Hello

I have been trying to figure out problem I called msyelf "pixel matching" I don't know if there is official "name" of this problem.
I have xb271huabmiprz but also had it at xl2430 and iiyama one.

So let's say i have static image but when I move whole screen is like flickering at some points. It's caused by "moving pixels" When I play games some edges looks bad, like pixels aren't matching this edge line correctly. If i move my mouse just by let's say 1 unit, then the pixels change their position of the edge. So when I am playing normally and moving fast it causes the whole map flicker(all edges and familiar things are moving their pixels).

Any way to solve that or is that TN's fault?

jorimt

Re: Pixels not matching

Post by jorimt » 18 Jun 2019, 15:15

Do you mean "aliasing?"

What (I think) you're describing can be caused by aliasing from both pixel and subpixel geometric edges in static scenes and in motion (including "shimmering" effects from specular highlights in-game; metal/reflective edges), as well as sometimes on textures at extreme angles due to filtering issues.

These can be addressed by "anti-aliasing" and "texture filtering," both of which are usually available as in-game graphical settings, and vary in naming, methodology, and effectiveness.

Barring lower native resolutions (aliasing decreases the higher the monitor's native res and in-game res is), neither are the direct fault of the monitor; the blame lies with games being rendered with pixels.

That, or you may be referring to "inversion artifacts" or GTG/overdrive artifacts (or a combo of all). Hard to say with such little info or evidence to go off of.
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)