240hz, Normal amount of motion blur?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
ashrr

Re: 240hz, Normal amount of motion blur?

Post by ashrr » 23 Jun 2019, 08:40

oof_oof wrote:xg248q

which one looks better to you? i am returning one.

response time is excellent. my only issue is clouding

https://i.imgur.com/EpSRQO7.jpg
Hm is that backlight bleed? I'll have to check mine at night but in a somewhat dark room mine is hardly noticeable at 80% brightness. You mind taking a couple of pictures of testufo ghosting at 1920?

ashrr

Post by ashrr » 23 Jun 2019, 08:40

karavanasam wrote:Ashrr your gpu is Nvidia right?If it is then problem is from your Nvidia drivers.I will explain a way for you to try after your answer.
Yes GTX 1080.

karavanasam

Post by karavanasam » 23 Jun 2019, 09:41

Ok Ashrr you can try my methods or not.It is up to you.I also had blurry gaming sometimes and sometimes not.My monitors gaming performance is not stable.But I solved it finally.
The problem is with Nvidia drivers.Somehow they dont install properly.I use windows 10 by the way.
My problems were:My monitors always behaved strange.Sometimes they give excellent performance in games,sometimes blurry motion in games.Performance wasnt stable and optimal.I first though it is because of my old 60 hz monitor.I bought 165 hz.It sometimes gave excellent performance,sometimes it didnt feel like a 165 hz monitor with record low input lag.
So what I did to fix my problems.I can suggest two methods.
This is the safest method and most people use it.Uninstall your nvidia drivers.Reset to windows safe mode.Uninstall remaining Nvidia drivers using latest DDU program.Then reset to windows normal mode and install your nvidia drivers.(this is not enough for me to get optimal performance from my nvidia gpu 980 gtx)
Second method:Uninstall your nvidia drivers.Reset to windows safe mode.Uninstall remaining Nvidia drivers using latest DDU program.Here is important.DO NOT reset.Still be in safe mode.Install new nvidia drivers.It will install nvidia drivers but it cant start nvidia telemetry service at the end so it will say installation failed.No my friend it didnt fail.Just reset to windows normal mode and you will see they are installed.This is the optimal nvidia driver installing method for me.No more sometimes blurry performance,sometimes excellent performance now.It is stable and optimal.But if you dont want to test these,no problem.It is your PC your problem. :D

oof_oof

Post by oof_oof » 23 Jun 2019, 10:49

ashrr wrote: Hm is that backlight bleed? I'll have to check mine at night but in a somewhat dark room mine is hardly noticeable at 80% brightness. You mind taking a couple of pictures of testufo ghosting at 1920?
i think its clouding. i have zero ghosting at 1920 speed. i am not sure if my crappy camera will show it properly. it looks the same at 1920 as the lower ones. the ufo looks the same as when its slow.

ashrr

Post by ashrr » 23 Jun 2019, 11:19

oof_oof wrote:
ashrr wrote: Hm is that backlight bleed? I'll have to check mine at night but in a somewhat dark room mine is hardly noticeable at 80% brightness. You mind taking a couple of pictures of testufo ghosting at 1920?
i think its clouding. i have zero ghosting at 1920 speed. i am not sure if my crappy camera will show it properly. it looks the same at 1920 as the lower ones. the ufo looks the same as when its slow.
How does it look with text? At what setting does text stop looking pin sharp? For me anything above 240 pixels is kinda blurry.

ashrr

Post by ashrr » 23 Jun 2019, 11:20

karavanasam wrote:Ok Ashrr you can try my methods or not.It is up to you.I also had blurry gaming sometimes and sometimes not.My monitors gaming performance is not stable.But I solved it finally.
The problem is with Nvidia drivers.Somehow they dont install properly.I use windows 10 by the way.
My problems were:My monitors always behaved strange.Sometimes they give excellent performance in games,sometimes blurry motion in games.Performance wasnt stable and optimal.I first though it is because of my old 60 hz monitor.I bought 165 hz.It sometimes gave excellent performance,sometimes it didnt feel like a 165 hz monitor with record low input lag.
So what I did to fix my problems.I can suggest two methods.
This is the safest method and most people use it.Uninstall your nvidia drivers.Reset to windows safe mode.Uninstall remaining Nvidia drivers using latest DDU program.Then reset to windows normal mode and install your nvidia drivers.(this is not enough for me to get optimal performance from my nvidia gpu 980 gtx)
Second method:Uninstall your nvidia drivers.Reset to windows safe mode.Uninstall remaining Nvidia drivers using latest DDU program.Here is important.DO NOT reset.Still be in safe mode.Install new nvidia drivers.It will install nvidia drivers but it cant start nvidia telemetry service at the end so it will say installation failed.No my friend it didnt fail.Just reset to windows normal mode and you will see they are installed.This is the optimal nvidia driver installing method for me.No more sometimes blurry performance,sometimes excellent performance now.It is stable and optimal.But if you dont want to test these,no problem.It is your PC your problem. :D
Hm, I can give it a go.

oof_oof

Post by oof_oof » 23 Jun 2019, 13:45

hey Ashrr i really don't think what you are seeing is normal at all..
I was getting similar results with a vg279q and i hated it. it was trash.

for me on the xg248q I can see the marquee clearly up to 1440

the steet map "front steet text" clearly at 480

and the vertical text scrolling very clear at 720.

there is zero ghosting at all at 240hz at even 1920.. it's extremely clear.

on the vg279q i was using .. I had ghosting even at slower speeds.. and it had a double img no matter what ELMB setting i used.. the only real great thing about the vg279q over the xg248q was the vg279q for me had perfect uniform colors and no bleed and zero clouding unlike the xg..

on this xg248q .. ELMB looks perfect on all settings no matter what.

ashrr

Post by ashrr » 24 Jun 2019, 08:34

oof_oof wrote:hey Ashrr i really don't think what you are seeing is normal at all..
I was getting similar results with a vg279q and i hated it. it was trash.

for me on the xg248q I can see the marquee clearly up to 1440

the steet map "front steet text" clearly at 480

and the vertical text scrolling very clear at 720.

there is zero ghosting at all at 240hz at even 1920.. it's extremely clear.

on the vg279q i was using .. I had ghosting even at slower speeds.. and it had a double img no matter what ELMB setting i used.. the only real great thing about the vg279q over the xg248q was the vg279q for me had perfect uniform colors and no bleed and zero clouding unlike the xg..

on this xg248q .. ELMB looks perfect on all settings no matter what.
I might give the xg248q a go or wait for newer 240hz panels, starting to think it's just a 1st gen 240hz panel thing.

ashrr

Post by ashrr » 26 Jun 2019, 17:35

If you have overwatch could you try this for me. Go into practice range and move left to right as tracer in this area, how readable is the text? Should it be readable at 240hz 300fps without ULMB?
I've been playing BO4 and it's starting to annoy me since I can't 'glue' my crosshair to targets the same way I could with the xl2411t.

oof_oof

Post by oof_oof » 27 Jun 2019, 10:39

how fast are you moving the mouse there?
mine is readable but only moving kind of slow maybe only 480. i see no double img like you at all though.

https://www.testufo.com/photo#photo=tor ... 0&height=0

steet map on that test 480p/s text "front steet" is clear