Is lightboost possible with a triple Benq XL2720T setup

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Billy Pilgrim

Is lightboost possible with a triple Benq XL2720T setup

Post by Billy Pilgrim » 08 Apr 2014, 09:14

Hi
Great website!

I've got a triple monitor setup with three Benq XL2720T monitors, with two nVidia GTX 780 GPUs.

I've been reading through this site and I saw this page here http://www.blurbusters.com/zero-motion- ... dware-mod/ with info for how to do a hardware mod to enable lightboost permanently for three monitors.

Isn't there any other solution than that? There's no way I'm going to make permanent changes, nor am I going to start pulling my monitors apart to modify the interior (scared of messing something up).

Any other solution possible for me to enable lightboost on my triple-monitor setup?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Is lightboost possible with a triple Benq XL2720T setup

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 08 Apr 2014, 22:14

Billy Pilgrim wrote:Hi
Great website!
Thanks for the compliment!
Billy Pilgrim wrote:I've got a triple monitor setup with three Benq XL2720T monitors, with two nVidia GTX 780 GPUs.
Triple monitor setups have been difficult to enable LightBoost on lately.
Before a certain NVIDIA driver version, it was easy enough to do with ToastyX Strobelight.
After a certain driver version, it became almost impossible without the hardware mod.

Have you ever considered replacing your XL2720T's with XL2720Z with Version 2 firmware? Sell your XL2720Ts on eBay, buy XL2720Z Version 2. It has BENQ Blur Reduction that is superior to LightBoost (brighter, no gamma bleaching, no crimson/blue tinting) when combined with Blur Busters Strobe Utility, and works on all graphics cards, and even on other video sources (game consoles, HDTV settop boxes) rather than being vendor-limited to NVIDIA and single-monitor mode.

Before doing so, I did hear from at least one person who successfully re-enabled LightBoost without a hardware mod, with newer drivers, albiet with some difficulty. This was posted in one of the forum threads.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!