Asus Mg248Q

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
huuanh2811

Asus Mg248Q

Post by huuanh2811 » 04 Jul 2019, 23:43

Hi. I just bought this monitor. when i change it to 144hz in windows the screen split in half and half of it looks yellowish in bright colors like white and about black lines in blue, is there a problem with the monitor or should i tweak some settings? can someone help me please? these are the imgs ive taken with my phone

Thanks

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Asus Mg248Q

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 05 Jul 2019, 12:00

I've seen panel defects that look like this -- modern LCDs are often partitioned in vertical strips that are driven with concurrent refreshing -- left half, right half (or even 1/4th 1/6th or 1/8th width strips).

There might be a defect that becomes visible when the monitors' limits are pushed, assuming you see this with all cables on all ports you've tried, from two different computers. If that is the case, I would declare RMA on this monitor.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!