Just recieved 0.5ms AORUS KD25F

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
BEZQ

Re: Just recieved 0.5ms AORUS KD25F

Post by BEZQ » 19 Aug 2020, 01:09

Ok guys, Im sorry for not replying to your messages for so long. What I meant is: If you leave Aim Stabilizer enabled and boot/reboot your PC or restart your monitor (by switching it from OFF to ON) it will stay bright and with awesome picture quality. BUT if you turn Aim Stabilizer OFF, after having it in an ON state and THEN turn it ON again it will get grey and washed out. Don't ask me why this happens, it just does. Also to clarify some things about this monitor: Even at highest Overdrive Setting (=Speed and also on "Balanced" btw) at 240 FPS with Aim Stabilizer enabled I get ZERO motion blur in the Blur Busters UFO test with the default UFO speed (960 pixels per second I think). And when I turn AS (=Aim Stabilizer) OFF there is a big difference to be seen (more motion blur). The AS feature is definitely enabled in the "I didnt change it from ON to OFF and back to ON" mode by the way. I tested it with UFO test, yet again. Which means you get awesome motion blur reduction at low input lag with still great colors (colors on this TN panel are basically same as a mediocre-decent IPS one).

And speancer...I saw that review too. And the only aspect in which it performs "mediocre" is the Input Lag and, even then, only taking in consideration that it's a new gen 240 Hz panel. The input lag itself is still very, very low and not at all noticable.

I also got myself a VG279QM last saturday. And guess what: Motion blur is wayyyyyyyyy higher according to UFO test @ 280 Hz ELMB SYNC ON (as I said on the KD25F I can't even tell if there is motion blur at all with AS ON and @ 240 FPS). Im pretty disappointed by the VG279QM so far (for the motion blur only though).

All in all, I can only agree with "ILOVEPRADO". The KD25F is definitely one of the best 240 Hz monitors out there. I'd even go so far to call it THE best, because in no single category it has any weakness. Besides that shitty stand, that blocks a bit of my mousepad haha.

PMaestro

Post by PMaestro » 20 Aug 2020, 09:55

BEZQ wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 01:09
Ok guys, Im sorry for not replying to your messages for so long. What I meant is: If you leave Aim Stabilizer enabled and boot/reboot your PC or restart your monitor (by switching it from OFF to ON) it will stay bright and with awesome picture quality. BUT if you turn Aim Stabilizer OFF, after having it in an ON state and THEN turn it ON again it will get grey and washed out. Don't ask me why this happens, it just does. Also to clarify some things about this monitor: Even at highest Overdrive Setting (=Speed and also on "Balanced" btw) at 240 FPS with Aim Stabilizer enabled I get ZERO motion blur in the Blur Busters UFO test with the default UFO speed (960 pixels per second I think). And when I turn AS (=Aim Stabilizer) OFF there is a big difference to be seen (more motion blur). The AS feature is definitely enabled in the "I didnt change it from ON to OFF and back to ON" mode by the way. I tested it with UFO test, yet again. Which means you get awesome motion blur reduction at low input lag with still great colors (colors on this TN panel are basically same as a mediocre-decent IPS one).

And speancer...I saw that review too. And the only aspect in which it performs "mediocre" is the Input Lag and, even then, only taking in consideration that it's a new gen 240 Hz panel. The input lag itself is still very, very low and not at all noticable.

I also got myself a VG279QM last saturday. And guess what: Motion blur is wayyyyyyyyy higher according to UFO test @ 280 Hz ELMB SYNC ON (as I said on the KD25F I can't even tell if there is motion blur at all with AS ON and @ 240 FPS). Im pretty disappointed by the VG279QM so far (for the motion blur only though).

All in all, I can only agree with "ILOVEPRADO". The KD25F is definitely one of the best 240 Hz monitors out there. I'd even go so far to call it THE best, because in no single category it has any weakness. Besides that shitty stand, that blocks a bit of my mousepad haha.
Im Tryting to decide between the KD25f and the omen x 25f right now. They both seem really good, in the UK the omen f is about £50 cheaper and the performance of the monitor looks really good with extremely low input lag. Im finding it really hard to decide which one :(

purplew

Post by purplew » 20 Aug 2020, 12:38

BEZQ wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 01:09

Isn't AIM STABILIZER basically motion blur reduction tech / strobing?

You should test the VG279QM with ELMB ON @240hz vs the KD25F with Aim stabilizer ON for any meaningful comparison

speancer

Post by speancer » 20 Aug 2020, 12:51

PMaestro wrote:
20 Aug 2020, 09:55
Im Tryting to decide between the KD25f and the omen x 25f right now. They both seem really good, in the UK the omen f is about £50 cheaper and the performance of the monitor looks really good with extremely low input lag. Im finding it really hard to decide which one :(
I'd definitely go for HP Omen X 25f. It's one of the fastest TN panels that I've seen. Gigabyte AORUS KD25f is not that great in my opinion, as it has refresh rate compliance worse then the new-gen 240 Hz IPS panels, its input lag is also not top-class, so for a TN panel it's pretty disappointing, if you ask me.
Main display (TV/PC monitor): LG 42C21LA (4K 120 Hz OLED / WBE panel)
Tested displays: ASUS VG259QM/VG279QM [favourite LCD FPS display] (280 Hz IPS) • Zowie XL2546K/XL2540K/XL2546 (240 Hz TN DyAc) • Dell S3222DGM [favourite LCD display for the best blacks, contrast and panel uniformity] (165 Hz VA) • Dell Alienware AW2521HFLA (240 Hz IPS) • HP Omen X 25f (240 Hz TN) • MSI MAG251RX (240 Hz IPS) • Gigabyte M27Q (170 Hz IPS) • Acer Predator XB273X (240 Hz IPS G-SYNC) • Acer Predator XB271HU (165 Hz IPS G-SYNC) • Acer Nitro XV272UKV (170 Hz IPS) • Acer Nitro XV252QF (390 Hz IPS) • LG 27GN800 (144 Hz IPS) • LG 27GL850 (144 Hz nanoIPS) • LG 27GP850 (180 Hz nanoIPS) • Samsung Odyssey G7 (240 Hz VA)

OS: Windows 11 Pro GPU: Palit GeForce RTX 4090 GameRock OC CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D + be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 + Arctic MX-6 RAM: 32GB (2x16GB dual channel) DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast Black 6000 MHz CL30 (fully optimized primary and secondary timings by Buildzoid for SK Hynix die on AM5 platform) PSU: Corsair RM1200x SHIFT 1200W (ATX 3.0, PCIe 5.0 12VHPWR 600W) SSD1: Kingston KC3000 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 x4 SSD2: Corsair Force MP510 960GB PCIe 3.0 x4 MB: ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING WIFI (GPU PCIe 5.0 x16, NVMe PCIe 5.0 x4) CASE: be quiet! Silent Base 802 Window White CASE FANS: be quiet! Silent Wings 4 140mm PWM (3x front, 1x rear, 1x top rear, positive pressure) MOUSE: Logitech G PRO X Superlight (white) Lightspeed wireless MOUSEPAD: ARTISAN FX HIEN (wine red, soft, XL) KEYBOARD: Logitech G915 TKL (white, GL Tactile) Lightspeed wireless HEADPHONES: Sennheiser Momentum 4 Wireless (white) 24-bit 96 KHz + Sennheiser BTD600 Bluetooth 5.2 aptX Adaptive CHAIR: Herman Miller Aeron (graphite, fully loaded, size C)

PMaestro

Post by PMaestro » 20 Aug 2020, 15:05

speancer wrote:
20 Aug 2020, 12:51
PMaestro wrote:
I'd definitely go for HP Omen X 25f. It's one of the fastest TN panels that I've seen. Gigabyte AORUS KD25f is not that great in my opinion, as it has refresh rate compliance worse then the new-gen 240 Hz IPS panels, its input lag is also not top-class, so for a TN panel it's pretty disappointing, if you ask me.
Thanks for the info, I was kind of leaning more towards the omen to be fair. the Price and performance seems like a really good deal.
I can also get it a little less cheaper than retail price also.

So would you say the Omen is better than the KD25F in response times and input lag?
Really and truly that;s all i'm looking for, i'm not too fussed on colours and many fancy features etc

speancer

Post by speancer » 20 Aug 2020, 16:35

PMaestro wrote:
20 Aug 2020, 15:05
speancer wrote:
PMaestro wrote:
Thanks for the info, I was kind of leaning more towards the omen to be fair. the Price and performance seems like a really good deal.

So would you say the Omen is better than the KD25F in response times and input lag?
Really and truly that;s all i'm looking for, i'm not too fussed on colours and many fancy features etc
Yes, in my opinion Omen X 25f is indeed better than AORUS KD25F, even more if you don't care about any kind of motion blur reduction modes (X 25f has no backlight strobing, as far as I know). From the tests I've seen, X 25f has better response time and lower input lag than KD25F. X 25f actually has one of the best GtG average response times I've seen. According to RTINGS review, it achieved an impressive result of average 2.1 ms GtG response time and 2.6 ms input lag. HOWEVER, I do not think you should look away from new-gen 240 Hz IPS panels, they actually achieve TN-like performance without typical TN panel downsides (worse colour reproduction, bad viewing angles, colour shifts). For example, RTINGS has measured ASUS TUF VG279QM response time with very impressive result of 2.5 ms GtG on average, and just 1.7 ms of input lag. So you see, it's so close there's almost no difference at all. These new IPS panels are amazing and they can already compete with the fastest TNs. Perhaps you'd consider giving them a try, too ;)

Sources:
https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/hp/omen-x-25f
https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/asus/vg279qm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wah5_fY6fsE
Tested displays: ASUS VG259QM/VG279QM [favourite LCD FPS display] (280 Hz IPS) • Zowie XL2546K/XL2540K/XL2546 (240 Hz TN DyAc) • Dell S3222DGM [favourite LCD display for the best blacks, contrast and panel uniformity] (165 Hz VA) • Dell Alienware AW2521HFLA (240 Hz IPS) • HP Omen X 25f (240 Hz TN) • MSI MAG251RX (240 Hz IPS) • Gigabyte M27Q (170 Hz IPS) • Acer Predator XB273X (240 Hz IPS G-SYNC) • Acer Predator XB271HU (165 Hz IPS G-SYNC) • Acer Nitro XV272UKV (170 Hz IPS) • Acer Nitro XV252QF (390 Hz IPS) • LG 27GN800 (144 Hz IPS) • LG 27GL850 (144 Hz nanoIPS) • LG 27GP850 (180 Hz nanoIPS) • Samsung Odyssey G7 (240 Hz VA)

OS: Windows 11 Pro GPU: Palit GeForce RTX 4090 GameRock OC CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D + be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 + Arctic MX-6 RAM: 32GB (2x16GB dual channel) DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast Black 6000 MHz CL30 (fully optimized primary and secondary timings by Buildzoid for SK Hynix die on AM5 platform) PSU: Corsair RM1200x SHIFT 1200W (ATX 3.0, PCIe 5.0 12VHPWR 600W) SSD1: Kingston KC3000 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 x4 SSD2: Corsair Force MP510 960GB PCIe 3.0 x4 MB: ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING WIFI (GPU PCIe 5.0 x16, NVMe PCIe 5.0 x4) CASE: be quiet! Silent Base 802 Window White CASE FANS: be quiet! Silent Wings 4 140mm PWM (3x front, 1x rear, 1x top rear, positive pressure) MOUSE: Logitech G PRO X Superlight (white) Lightspeed wireless MOUSEPAD: ARTISAN FX HIEN (wine red, soft, XL) KEYBOARD: Logitech G915 TKL (white, GL Tactile) Lightspeed wireless HEADPHONES: Sennheiser Momentum 4 Wireless (white) 24-bit 96 KHz + Sennheiser BTD600 Bluetooth 5.2 aptX Adaptive CHAIR: Herman Miller Aeron (graphite, fully loaded, size C)

PMaestro

Post by PMaestro » 20 Aug 2020, 18:07

speancer wrote:
20 Aug 2020, 16:35
PMaestro wrote:
20 Aug 2020, 15:05
speancer wrote:
PMaestro wrote:

Yes, in my opinion Omen X 25f is indeed better than AORUS KD25F, even more if you don't care about any kind of motion blur reduction modes (X 25f has no backlight strobing, as far as I know). From the tests I've seen, X 25f has better response time and lower input lag than KD25F. X 25f actually has one of the best GtG average response times I've seen. According to RTINGS review, it achieved an impressive result of average 2.1 ms GtG response time and 2.6 ms input lag. HOWEVER, I do not think you should look away from new-gen 240 Hz IPS panels, they actually achieve TN-like performance without typical TN panel downsides (worse colour reproduction, bad viewing angles, colour shifts). For example, RTINGS has measured ASUS TUF VG279QM response time with very impressive result of 2.5 ms GtG on average, and just 1.7 ms of input lag. So you see, it's so close there's almost no difference at all. These new IPS panels are amazing and they can already compete with the fastest TNs. Perhaps you'd consider giving them a try, too ;)

Sources:
https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/hp/omen-x-25f
https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/asus/vg279qm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wah5_fY6fsE
I had the vg259qm and really liked it but it had 2 dead pixels. It was out of stock so I couldn't replace it, I do still feel like tns have that slight advantage in terms of motion handling, but it was still a very good monitor.
The elmb setting was too dark for me but things were much clearer with it on. If it was back in stick I would most likely give it another shot.

I mainly play fps games so motion blue and input lag is my main thing.

speancer

Post by speancer » 20 Aug 2020, 18:36

PMaestro wrote:
20 Aug 2020, 18:07

I had the vg259qm and really liked it but it had 2 dead pixels. It was out of stock so I couldn't replace it, I do still feel like tns have that slight advantage in terms of motion handling, but it was still a very good monitor.
The elmb setting was too dark for me but things were much clearer with it on. If it was back in stick I would most likely give it another shot.

Not everyone benefits from backlight strobing (blur reduction tech), I personally don't care about it, because it doesn't help players who use fixed gaze aiming technique (stare at crosshair only). If you like strobing, Dynamic Accuracy (DyAc) from BenQ Zowie is absolutely the best motion blur reduction tech I've ever seen. It has no brightness penalty. If strobing is your thing and it helps you play, I strongly suggest you try one of BenQ Zowie XL series monitors featuring DyAc.

Also, there are other great new-gen 240 Hz IPS monitors, like MSI MAG251RX. I'm currently testing it, my unit have some quality concerns but performance wise it's really good.

BEZQ

Post by BEZQ » 20 Aug 2020, 20:34

purplew wrote:
20 Aug 2020, 12:38

You should test the VG279QM with ELMB ON @240hz vs the KD25F with Aim stabilizer ON for any meaningful comparison
That's exactly what I did my man. Just with the VG279QM @ 280 Hz. And even with the higher refresh rate and ELMB Sync ON (also tested only ELMB) it is worlds apart from the KD25F.
speancer wrote:
20 Aug 2020, 18:36

Not everyone benefits from backlight strobing (blur reduction tech), I personally don't care about it, because it doesn't help players who use fixed gaze aiming technique (stare at crosshair only). If you like strobing, Dynamic Accuracy (DyAc) from BenQ Zowie is absolutely the best motion blur reduction tech I've ever seen. It has no brightness penalty. If strobing is your thing and it helps you play, I strongly suggest you try one of BenQ Zowie XL series monitors featuring DyAc.
Thanks for the advice, but tbh I see no reason at all to change mine to a Zowie one. The UFO test literally doesnt get any clearer than on this monitor (tested up to 1920 speed) and the brightness penalty is so minimal, that it doesnt bother me the least. Maybe because I use Black Equalizer too (at Level 10/20)? Anyway even the colors are damn good, and supposedly much better than on the XL546. I'll just wait for the 360 Hz ones and hope they are better than the VG279QM, which was a huge disappointment for me so far.

PMaestro

Post by PMaestro » 21 Aug 2020, 13:53

speancer wrote:
20 Aug 2020, 18:36
PMaestro wrote:
20 Aug 2020, 18:07

Also, there are other great new-gen 240 Hz IPS monitors, like MSI MAG251RX. I'm currently testing it, my unit have some quality concerns but performance wise it's really good.
Dyac is defo the best blur reduction. I just returned a XL2546s, dyac+ was amazing and monitor colours weren't that bad to be fair. Didn't keep it due to all the fiasco with the new release in September. I was looking at the mag251rx but wasn't sure.

What would be your top 3 options, atm it looks like I'll be getting the omen x 25f