What makes 240hz better than 144hz for competitive?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
garetjax

Re: What makes 240hz better than 144hz for competitive?

Post by garetjax » 17 Jul 2019, 10:32

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
garetjax wrote:I overclocked my BenQ XL2430T- its a 24 incher. It has the S switch so its really easy. I couldn't use the utility Chief Blurbuster recommended to fix the colors, whenever I tried enabling movie mode and activating it my screen locked up. I just manually adjusted colors and its fine. I haven't really messed with Chiefs strobe utility besides knocking it down to 5 has he recommended as to not do any voltage damage.
Nice! You overclocked your 144Hz BenQ XL2430T to 215Hz -- are you able to do that without the S-Switch?

Note: Generally, you don't need to worry about adjusting the Persistence setting on newer XL2430Ts as the overvoltage bug only affects early firmwares, most XL2720Z. So it should be safe. Try briefly adjusting Persistence upwards and then back down. If your monitor blacks out and shuts down, unplug your monitor from power immediately, go to 60Hz to turn off blur reduction, change Persistence back, and you'll know you have the overvoltage bug of early firmwares (mainly XL2720Z V2) with blur reduction.
I haven't tried without using the S switch yet. Also I did initially overclock to 220, I only backed off to 215 just to feel a bit safer. I'll be putting it back to 220 and testing that out. I was able to use the strobe utility and adjust persistance etc without any problems.

Still no luck with the the softmcc software. Once I select movie mode and then activate the screen gets all messed up - unreadable.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: What makes 240hz better than 144hz for competitive?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Jul 2019, 20:10

(I found there were more than one SoftMCCS way to dismiss the Out Of Range message -- I just found 0xCC -> Activate to be the easiest method. So, 0xCC -> Activate works fine, but Movie Mode doesn't work? For 220Hz overclocking, post in that thread though)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!