RTINGS test 240Hz HP Omen X 25f - Lowest input lag yet

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
garetjax

Re: RTINGS test 240Hz HP Omen X 25f - Lowest input lag yet

Post by garetjax » 27 Jul 2019, 10:38

Max_hz wrote:@garetjax

Thanks for your first impression it sounds promising, I like a easy setup without running in problems, you can fine tune it later if necessarily.
Does it also perform well with normal desktop use like web scrolling, blurring text etc.
Anyway just use the monitor for a few days or more before giving a final verdict although most of my first impressions where the
right ones.
Same for the Razer DeathAdder, the first time I got it in my hands I knew it immediately, tried several other mouses but DeathAdder is my favourite for its shape and performance although i don't like the razer software, don't use it anyway np.
What about the ambient lightning is it any useful or just a gimmick?
sry I missed that, $377 is a very good price ;)
Windows desktop and webbrowsing look clear, no blurring I could see.

I am actually thinking about testing out a model O as well just to see how they are. As for the ambient lighting - I was going to turn it off, but I game mostly in the dark, and from what I have read the ambient lighting is good for that so I kept it on. It isn't very strong which I like.

eix

Post by eix » 27 Jul 2019, 17:38

Hey every1, so what the king between this two? HP Omen X 25f(475$) vs Acer Nitro XF252QX(380$), i want buy one of them soon but can't make a choice, maybe some1 already have them two and can compare which one better side by side?

Hp looks like have better stand and overall quality, but no hdr support, when acer is offers "0.3gtg min" idk if it even worth, or just marketing.

masneb

Post by masneb » 28 Jul 2019, 03:33

QX isn't the XF252Q. The X and QX matters.

Max_hz

Post by Max_hz » 28 Jul 2019, 05:03

pox02 wrote:i hope x25 gsync version same low input lag as x25f
according rtings;

"There is also a true G-SYNC version, known as the OMEN X25, which hasn't been released yet. We expect it to have different ports, but otherwise perform similarly to the version we've tested."

of course not 100% sure but they expect :)
In use: Asus VG259QM IPS 240-280hz - Hanns-G HS233 TN 120hz
Used before: LG 24LG600 TN 144hz - HP Omen X 25f TN 240hz - ViewSonic XG2402 TN 144hz - Asus VG259Q IPS 144hz

eix

Post by eix » 28 Jul 2019, 05:30

masneb wrote:QX isn't the XF252Q. The X and QX matters.
i think QX is freesync and Q is gsync verios of this monitor or? cannot find any info on acer site about this models
whole model of acer what i can get is Acer Nitro XF252QXbmiiprzx
Also looks like the Acer XF252Q & QX have the same "asin" UM.KX2EE.X01 i literally disappoint at the moment and can't understand acer marketing stuff..

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 28 Jul 2019, 06:02

Max_hz wrote:
pox02 wrote:i hope x25 gsync version same low input lag as x25f
according rtings;

"There is also a true G-SYNC version, known as the OMEN X25, which hasn't been released yet. We expect it to have different ports, but otherwise perform similarly to the version we've tested."

of course not 100% sure but they expect :)
https://4k-monitor.ru/catalog/hp/HP_OMEN_X_25/
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

Max_hz

Post by Max_hz » 28 Jul 2019, 06:15

@garetjax

Putting some (mostly weak) rgb lightnings on the back of de monitor as we see now-days are in my opinion useless but ambient lightning I believe could be useful especially if you can adjust the light for your own needs and situation, don't know if that's possible with the X 25F.

Haha I was also trying to order the Glorious PC Gaming Race Model O but I can only find one shop in my location who sells that model but it's in pre-order state for weeks now but I definitely will try it when available.

No blurring text on websites with overdrive setting level 3 I assume, that's actually very good, an improvement in overshoot comparing
with the first gen panels so also no need for changing modes/settings when switching from game to desktop use?

Edit: Must correct myself because it's still not confirmed that the X 25F uses the new AUO panel
Last edited by Max_hz on 28 Jul 2019, 09:52, edited 1 time in total.
In use: Asus VG259QM IPS 240-280hz - Hanns-G HS233 TN 120hz
Used before: LG 24LG600 TN 144hz - HP Omen X 25f TN 240hz - ViewSonic XG2402 TN 144hz - Asus VG259Q IPS 144hz

masneb

Post by masneb » 28 Jul 2019, 07:38

eix wrote:
masneb wrote:QX isn't the XF252Q. The X and QX matters.
i think QX is freesync and Q is gsync verios of this monitor or? cannot find any info on acer site about this models
whole model of acer what i can get is Acer Nitro XF252QXbmiiprzx
Also looks like the Acer XF252Q & QX have the same "asin" UM.KX2EE.X01 i literally disappoint at the moment and can't understand acer marketing stuff..
AFAIK The XF252Q is new and uses the new AUO screen with sub-1ms response time (supposed). These were supposed to be released last year, but they had problems. A lot of manufacturers simply changed lettering on the models and released them with prior 1ms panels that were already available.

Either way I wouldn't assume they're the same panel by any means as Acer isn't the only manufacturer that did this. There newer panels have a different letter designation that is very similar to the older panels, but not the same. However there are also some listings where they reuse the old monitors listing and essentially sell a v2 of the model with the same designations just to confuse people further.

Xzwer

Post by Xzwer » 29 Jul 2019, 08:06

I need more scientific user information on this monitor.. xD wanna make sure I buy the best 240hz monitor with the new AUO panel.

garetjax

Post by garetjax » 29 Jul 2019, 09:09

Max_hz wrote:@garetjax

Putting some (mostly weak) rgb lightnings on the back of de monitor as we see now-days are in my opinion useless but ambient lightning I believe could be useful especially if you can adjust the light for your own needs and situation, don't know if that's possible with the X 25F.

Haha I was also trying to order the Glorious PC Gaming Race Model O but I can only find one shop in my location who sells that model but it's in pre-order state for weeks now but I definitely will try it when available.

No blurring text on websites with overdrive setting level 3 I assume, that's actually very good, an improvement in overshoot comparing
with the first gen panels so also no need for changing modes/settings when switching from game to desktop use?

Edit: Must correct myself because it's still not confirmed that the X 25F uses the new AUO panel
I didn't really mess with the ambient lighting, there are a ton of settings. I set it to static and picked a color from the gui, but you can have it change colors as well.