RTINGS test 240Hz HP Omen X 25f - Lowest input lag yet

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
JackOlanter99

Re: RTINGS test 240Hz HP Omen X 25f - Lowest input lag yet

Post by JackOlanter99 » 16 Dec 2019, 15:21

Mr1991 wrote:
15 Dec 2019, 18:22
Noticed anything as in, input lag?
Haven’t came from a pg258q, but the aw2518h is meant to be fairly low at around 3ms so I don’t think u’d notice it from that, I wrote out a lil review but my phone crashed and bb deleted it, so here’s what I noticed:

First thing was the quality looked great, surpassed my expectations by a long shot, maybe because my prev monitor was getting kinda old (144hz LG), but it was the first thing I noticed.

Responsiveness felt great, it was set to 144 by default so I had to change it, very smooth, after trying some settings some more I ended up on this, adaptive sync off, response time 4, and sharpness lowest (u don’t hear much talk about this, but it drastically lowers input lag) and it felt crazy responsive, I play an aim trainer so I’m sensitive to this stuff, my mouse was reaching my targets a lot quicker which gave me more time to micro adjust, I beat my personal record that night.

Overall it’s good, only bad thing I can say about it (which is a given I guess) is the overshoot/ghosting or whatever u call it (I’m no monitor expert) on highest response time, scrolling webpages etc is pretty noticeable, but overall I’m very happy, great picture quality, crazy responsive, and the overall aesthetic of the monitor is nice, along with the aw2518h they’re both v nice looking.

Hey i really appreciate the time you took to respond. Thanks for all that information. I currently own the AW2518H and it's a beautiful looking, and has great colour but It gives me endless problems. I notice quite a bit of input lag and there are randomly lines on the screen and requires me to change res and change it back to get rid of it. I think i have a defective unit unfortunately, but now I will buy the 25f thanks again!

sempronius

Post by sempronius » 25 Dec 2019, 20:56

JackOlanter99 wrote:
16 Dec 2019, 15:21

I currently own the AW2518H and it's a beautiful looking, and has great colour but It gives me endless problems. I notice quite a bit of input lag and there are randomly lines on the screen and requires me to change res and change it back to get rid of it. I think i have a defective unit unfortunately, but now I will buy the 25f thanks again!

"I notice quite a bit of input lag"... What are you referring to, the AW2518H or the HP Omen X 25f?

I am interested in this because I am not quite convinced by my 25f - there appears to be more input lag than I expected. My Acer XN253QP seems to be more responsive, and the Dell S2719DGF that I had sent back (because it gave me some eyestrain) felt even more responsive than the Acer.

Whilst the HP Omen X 25f does not feel bad, I do not notice any kind of extraordinarily low input lag! Perhaps, I also have a defective unit... who knows.

It is also said in some review that the 25f has very little motion blur. I made the opposite experience - among all the various monitors I had here during the past weeks and months, this is the first one where I even got aware of what motion blur is! At response setting 4, there is a considerable amount of ghosting - and also of inverse ghosting. - The extreme setting (regarding response time) of the Acer XN253QP does not give me any kind of motion blur, and inverse ghosting is (nearly) absent, too.

braavosraider

Post by braavosraider » 23 Jan 2021, 02:48

God... It's really hard to find this monitor here (Indonesia), it was on online store about 6 months ago but now it looks like none are selling this unit anymore :(

Faltskog

Post by Faltskog » 01 May 2023, 22:07

Anyone recommend an ICC profile from Color Management for this monitor? Or has a good CRU config?