BenQ XL2411Z Display problem?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
frasina92

BenQ XL2411Z Display problem?

Post by frasina92 » 24 Jul 2019, 22:16

I have a problem with the BenQ XL2411z while playing games. When I'm playing a game I might have 100+ fps and it feels like I have about 30 or less. The game in particular that I am talking about is H1Z1. I've noticed that when I have a higher fps the worse the problem is. I don't have this problem for games like CS:GO or Overwatch but when I have a video or a twitch stream running on my second monitor i feel less hz or fps in those games. I don't really know if this the problem of the monitor or my GPU.
The GPU im using now is the Asus GTX 970 4GB and I'm using the cable that comes with the benq monitor.
My second monitor is a 60hz samsung monitor.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: BenQ XL2411Z Display problem?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 Jul 2019, 13:18

Does this happen when you disable your secondary 60Hz monitor?

I've seen refresh rate interference happen very often.
The solutions are:

(A) Always set your highest-Hz monitor as primary AND use only Full Screen Exclusive (never borderless) if you want to continue using your 60Hz secondary for things like walkthrough guides (use Windows Notepad or Word, and NOT a web browser). When playing games on the primary highest-Hz, ALWAYS close web browsers on the secondary, they will often interfere with the frame rate of the game on your primary.

(B) Just simply disable your secondary monitor. Use a tool such as DisplayFusion to turn on/off your secondary monitor via a single keypress or single mouse click. Recommended for esports players who also do work (e.g. programming, PhotoShop, etc).

If you play esports or professionally at all.... Use approach (B) as it will add input lag due to unfixed refresh rate interference bugs in Windows 10.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

eix

Re: BenQ XL2411Z Display problem?

Post by eix » 29 Jul 2019, 20:38

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Does this happen when you disable your secondary 60Hz monitor?

I've seen refresh rate interference happen very often.
The solutions are:

(A) Always set your highest-Hz monitor as primary AND use only Full Screen Exclusive (never borderless) if you want to continue using your 60Hz secondary for things like walkthrough guides (use Windows Notepad or Word, and NOT a web browser). When playing games on the primary highest-Hz, ALWAYS close web browsers on the secondary, they will often interfere with the frame rate of the game on your primary.

(B) Just simply disable your secondary monitor. Use a tool such as DisplayFusion to turn on/off your secondary monitor via a single keypress or single mouse click. Recommended for esports players who also do work (e.g. programming, PhotoShop, etc).

If you play esports or professionally at all.... Use approach (B) as it will add input lag due to unfixed refresh rate interference bugs in Windows 10.
is windows 7 have the same problem?