Worth upgrading from AOC G2460PF?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
vtz

Worth upgrading from AOC G2460PF?

Post by vtz » 01 Aug 2019, 03:23

I'm using the G2460PF since 2016 but I'm not happy with the colors, especially dark areas and shadows look quite washed out.
I use the settings that are recommended in the review on pcmonitors.info.

Is it worth upgrading to a new monitor with TN-panel? I mostly play fast paced esport games, so I don't want to go for VA. But I'm not sure how much of an improvement a new model would make.

Also, how do the 240hz models compare to 144hz models in terms of color and contrast?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Worth upgrading from AOC G2460PF?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 16 Aug 2019, 16:50

The ViewSonic 240Hz monitors have some of the better TN colors I have seen, if you want to raise the importance of TN color quality. It's not perfect but the best TN panels have better colors than the worst IPS panels -- just that viewing angles are a bit tighter.

Also, you can also try the new 240Hz 1ms IPS panels too, they are getting some pretty decent reviews currently.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!