Blur Busters Forums

Who you gonna call? The Blur Busters! For Everything Better Than 60Hz™ Skip to content

XF252Q Up on Amazon!

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!

Re: XF252Q Up on Amazon!

Postby masneb » 08 Aug 2019, 01:33

Post your experiences. If you have the new Omen or any of the highly regarded monitors here to compare it against, make sure you do so.

More importantly if you can take a testUFO picture please do so.
masneb
 
Posts: 64
Joined: 15 Apr 2019, 03:04

Re: XF252Q Up on Amazon!

Postby Notty_PT » 08 Aug 2019, 02:42

masneb wrote:
Notty_PT wrote:Rtings shows pictures of their own "ufo" test plus graphs with very detailed info, are you kidding me? Are you by any chance a tft central smurf account? Lol I have like 5
or 6 websites before I ever consider a tft central review.

Btw rtings graphs. Anyway I'm done debating this. I trust rtings 100% because I had as many monitors as they did (maybe more even) and their analysis always went accordingly to what I seen, plus their methodologies are all explained and use very advanced tools. But Im done debating this.


Yup I saw those. That's 20-80% of their particular logo. It's not even black to white or a color range. It doesn't go from one color range to another (blue to red for instance). So it's partial transition times and not of a color. They have a video on the website which I watched already, showing their methodology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AHDZqMuvgM

What other websites go in nearly as much detail as Rtings or TFT? Part of where this all stems from is the lack of comparable websites that go into depth.

I'm not sure I exactly understand the disconnect. As mentioned by many people, Blur Chief included, response times vary by color to color and even back again. So red>blue isn't going to be the same speed as blue>red. That's why it's important to test more then gtg or black to white. Rtings only tests their logo moving across the speed and that's not even a particular color or range AFAIK.


So first you said they only shown white to black wich is wrong. Now you complain about it being their own ufo test. With all the stats they provide it is enough for me to judge a model response time. There is enough info to make comparasions with other models and to tell us how responsive the monitor is. It is impossible to measure every possible transition, plus I never seen a monitor doing well on so many transtitions, and doing incredibly bad on others.

I prefer all that info from rtings instead of tftcentral random numbers that go according to the brand that is paying thrm or sending them monitors.

Even hardware.info has similar graphs to rtings and better reviews.

Summing it up, rtings response time tests are accurate enough for me and every single monitor they tested and advertised as fast, when I had it here, it was fast always.

I remember trying console esports monitors and had a VG245H. I found it to have an incredibly low latency for 60hz while most websites never shown it beating other models. I also found it to have more blur than other TN 60hz panels. The day rtings posts their review, bang, fastest 60hz monitor ever with the lowesr input lag ever measured at 60hz (8,7ms) and a fairly high response time shown on their graphs.

While tft central glorifies asus pg258q wich has worse overdrive than any decent tn 144hz, or the ips 165hz models wich are a blur fest and they rate them as faster than most TNs, lol
Notty_PT
 
Posts: 481
Joined: 09 Aug 2017, 02:50

Re: XF252Q Up on Amazon!

Postby shekel » 08 Aug 2019, 07:34

Can everyone please vote for Acer XF252Q on RTINGS so we can see if it's better than HP Omen X 25f, it's currently at 38 votes.
https://www.rtings.com/monitor/suggestions
shekel
 
Posts: 23
Joined: 30 Nov 2018, 05:42

Re: XF252Q Up on Amazon!

Postby masneb » 08 Aug 2019, 08:01

Notty_PT wrote:So first you said they only shown white to black wich is wrong. Now you complain about it being their own ufo test. With all the stats they provide it is enough for me to judge a model response time. There is enough info to make comparasions with other models and to tell us how responsive the monitor is. It is impossible to measure every possible transition, plus I never seen a monitor doing well on so many transtitions, and doing incredibly bad on others.

I prefer all that info from rtings instead of tftcentral random numbers that go according to the brand that is paying thrm or sending them monitors.

Even hardware.info has similar graphs to rtings and better reviews.

Summing it up, rtings response time tests are accurate enough for me and every single monitor they tested and advertised as fast, when I had it here, it was fast always.

I remember trying console esports monitors and had a VG245H. I found it to have an incredibly low latency for 60hz while most websites never shown it beating other models. I also found it to have more blur than other TN 60hz panels. The day rtings posts their review, bang, fastest 60hz monitor ever with the lowesr input lag ever measured at 60hz (8,7ms) and a fairly high response time shown on their graphs.

While tft central glorifies asus pg258q wich has worse overdrive than any decent tn 144hz, or the ips 165hz models wich are a blur fest and they rate them as faster than most TNs, lol


Yuh and then I corrected myself. You probably didn't even look through their testing methodology and only reason you noticed was because I changed what I said.

Having looked further into it TFT also does not do color to color transitions, it's gtg. The 0-255 is brightness, not RGB code. Where Rtings measures brightness as a percentage. So they don't do it as well, however they do intermediary transition times where Rtings simply relies on the maximum ends of the spectrum. Even if there are graphs, you'd have to spreadsheet it out and there aren't nearly as many data points. There are definitely outliers inbetween ranges. It doesn't all end at 0-80%.

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/response_time.htm

You think Acer paid them a lot of money? Have you seen their monitor? Putting that aside, we both agreed that the PG258Q didn't perform remarkably and I agree, their testing also shows it if you look at the response time distribution. There are outliers which destroy consistency, especially if there is overshoot.

The reason I'm considering the XF252Q to be a monitor I would buy is because of their charts, not because of what they write. Very low response times consistently across all ranges, low input lag, all the bells and whistles, and there doesn't seem to be any major flaws except for the monitor looking like a dollar store made it.


Also voted on Rtings.
masneb
 
Posts: 64
Joined: 15 Apr 2019, 03:04

Re: XF252Q Up on Amazon!

Postby Xzwer » 08 Aug 2019, 08:05

shekel wrote:Can everyone please vote for Acer XF252Q on RTINGS so we can see if it's better than HP Omen X 25f, it's currently at 38 votes.
https://www.rtings.com/monitor/suggestions


Done!
Xzwer
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 07:55

Re: XF252Q Up on Amazon!

Postby Leki » 08 Aug 2019, 08:27

Another review https://www.displayninja.com/acer-xf252q-review/

9.5/10

Not a great technical review...but can't find any more reviews yet.
Leki
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 17 Jul 2019, 17:09

Re: XF252Q Up on Amazon!

Postby InBetweenNames » 08 Aug 2019, 08:31

Just FYI to everyone: I just received my XF252Q yesterday and I wanted to let you know that the motion blur reduction seems to only have two modes: "Normal" and "Extreme". It's hard to tell the difference between them except that "Normal" is brighter than "Extreme". Personally, I prefer less brightness so I'm using the "Extreme" setting.

Initial impressions, coming from an AW2518HF (with CRU tweaks to get the actual 240hz mode on it): The motion is clearer for sure, especially with the motion blur reduction mode on. I'll post in more detail after I've used it for a week or two.
InBetweenNames
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 07 Feb 2019, 21:31

Re: XF252Q Up on Amazon!

Postby open » 08 Aug 2019, 14:06

Open: Overshoot is error. Average, min, and max are transition times. They're two different categories showing two different things. It's possible to have low response times without any error. Error makes those data points much, much less valuable for the sake of seeing a clear picture. Overshoot/undershoot (error) introduces artifacting which muddles the picture.

I mean I guess when you don't have an argument you just start a lecture about some specific meaning. However it doesnt change the fact that the XF252Q clearly has over 20% overshoot peak which is twice as high as the PG258Qs worst. And the average is the same or worse as well. If you actually wanted to argue about the monitor in question than you would say something about the actual measurements. But no you give some stupid reply "overshoot matters cause this". Well duh. And the XF252Qs overshoot doesn't look like any form of an upgrade so there you go.

Notty_PT: Is there a website that shows more transitions than tft central? If there is I would be happy to know about it. 30 transitions gives a pretty decent idea of overall what you get. Especially if nobody else is doing better. I think that tft tries to have positive summaries in general for each monitor but their measurements I believe are objective. Thing is they don't measure enough monitors imo.
open
 
Posts: 223
Joined: 02 Jul 2017, 20:46

Re: XF252Q Up on Amazon!

Postby masneb » 08 Aug 2019, 18:07

open wrote:
Open: Overshoot is error. Average, min, and max are transition times. They're two different categories showing two different things. It's possible to have low response times without any error. Error makes those data points much, much less valuable for the sake of seeing a clear picture. Overshoot/undershoot (error) introduces artifacting which muddles the picture.

I mean I guess when you don't have an argument you just start a lecture about some specific meaning. However it doesnt change the fact that the XF252Q clearly has over 20% overshoot peak which is twice as high as the PG258Qs worst. And the average is the same or worse as well. If you actually wanted to argue about the monitor in question than you would say something about the actual measurements. But no you give some stupid reply "overshoot matters cause this". Well duh. And the XF252Qs overshoot doesn't look like any form of an upgrade so there you go.


You're looking at one specific data point, that's not how distributions work. You don't cherry pick one stat and then decide all other points in the distributions no longer matter when they clearly do.

That's what you do when you don't have a argument. You try to take one little niggle, which the person probably already talked about and make a big deal out of it. Weird... It's almost like you just said that, only instead you didn't even know the difference between overshoot error and response times.

It's not about that one stat, it's about how the monitor performs overall, that's why I keep talking about variance, unless error is completely off and it doesn't look that way. For instance while it's just one particular area the XF252Q has a issue with, the PG258Q has multiple overshoots in different areas. When overshoot reallllly matters is something like the AG251FZ. It has great response times, but the overshoot is absolutely terrible.

You can get a perfect monitor with no overshoot, but that's not the only thing that matters and response time matters a lot more. That's why I talked about weighting it earlier. The overshoot on the XF252Q looks pretty good compared to other monitors, with very consistent response times (low variance).


I do agree, TFT central generally just tries to be tone neutral, which when some people like to call something a 'dumpster fire' seems like they're holding a bias. I am open to looking at other websites. Only reason I talk about TFT so much is they seem to have the most in depth test suite. It would be nice if they added variance to their distributions and added more data points, but their in depth response times already have 30.
masneb
 
Posts: 64
Joined: 15 Apr 2019, 03:04

Re: XF252Q Up on Amazon!

Postby steel116 » 08 Aug 2019, 18:35

Guys, can someone tell me finally that do i have to worry that my store listed this monitor as " Acer Nitro XF252QXbmiiprzx "

Becasue i saw in earlier post that you said something about older panels and shit, and that "QX" is older version than only "Q" one.

Is that true? can someone finally sum it up and say what to do? I want this monitor so bad.
steel116
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 06:23

PreviousNext

Return to General — Displays, Graphics & More

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 13 guests