UPgrading to 240Hz

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
ko4

UPgrading to 240Hz

Post by ko4 » 03 Aug 2019, 11:14

Bought a s2716dgr a year ago and so far I like it. However I still sometimes lose track of enemies while spraying/flicking.
I did the UFO test https://imgur.com/a/egjXcAL and it looks pretty bad
However the S2716dg has motion blur score of 10 on RTINGS So i'm wondering if I have a defective unit

Anyways I would like to make the jump to 240Hz and preferably 1080p for higher frames.

I only play fps games so I need one with low input lag and clear motion. Adaptive sync would be nice but its not a requirement for me.

Any recommendations ? Are those sub 1 ms monitors out yet?

oof_oof

Re: UPgrading to 240Hz

Post by oof_oof » 04 Aug 2019, 12:53

those photos look good. does not look like bad results to me

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: UPgrading to 240Hz

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Aug 2019, 13:20

The motion blur looks almost symmetric than average to me (ghosting/corona) -- which is very good

Most of the blur you are seeing is simply persistence blurring -- the only way to fix this is either
(A) turn on ULMB (about 1/10th blur as this)
(B) reduce it a bit by switching to 240Hz and keeping framerates high (about 1/2 blur as this)

To enable ULMB, reduce refresh rate to 120Hz, and configure NVIDIA Control Panel to enable the ULMB setting via the graphics driver. The screen will darken but most motion blur will disappear.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!