v2 XL2411Z strobe utility vs lightboost [0.5ms vs 1.4ms]

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Falkentyne

Re: v2 XL2411Z strobe utility vs lightboost [0.5ms vs 1.4ms]

Post by Falkentyne » 10 Apr 2014, 10:58

Thanks, guys. I learned some things.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: v2 XL2411Z strobe utility vs lightboost [0.5ms vs 1.4ms]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 10 Apr 2014, 11:07

Yeah, human vision abilities to detect imperfections can be unexpected.

Like those TestUFO tests that allow people tell the differences in persistence less than 1.0ms!
(Also applies in video games when microstutters are eliminated; e.g. keyboard strafing left/right during VSYNC ON in source-engine games are 100% microstutter-free on modern GPUs. Also applies to fast camera spinning in third-person viewpoint games during VSYNC ON; unaffected by mouse microstutters.)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

ranejt

Re: v2 XL2411Z strobe utility vs lightboost

Post by ranejt » 10 Apr 2014, 17:35

Thanks for all the replies everyone! You guys are awesome :D

According to fedex, my 11z should be arriving tomorrow!
Chief Blur Buster wrote:That said, the .5ms setting is very dark, about 1/3 brightness of LightBoost=10% in exchange for 1/3 the motion blur.
Most people will tend to use the higher persistence settings to get more brightness.
I'm actually sitting right next to me nephew's asus VG278HE @ 120hz - 10%LB w/ default monitor settings.
I've tried it out a couple of times already and the brightness doesn't actually bother me at all. Since i'm planning on using .5ms persistence, I don't think i'll have too much trouble with brightness levels since I can always turn up the monitor settings as well as benq's black equalizer.

If any of you play CS:GO and are having problems with 10%LB being too dim, there is an option in video settings you can change from Computer to Television. Default being computer mode, but switching it to television mode really brings out alot more brightness into the game(similar to cs1.6)
masterotaku wrote:It can go even lower than 0.5ms, at least in the service menu. 0.167ms is the shortest strobe available. It's even darker than 0.5ms, but motion is clearer at very fast movements.
Sorry, what do you mean by service menu? :o Can I get this to work on my 2411z? I would really like to try this out myself! :geek:

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: v2 XL2411Z strobe utility vs lightboost

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 10 Apr 2014, 17:38

ranejt wrote:I'm actually sitting right next to me nephew's asus VG278HE @ 120hz - 10%LB w/ default monitor settings.
I've tried it out a couple of times already and the brightness doesn't actually bother me at all. Since i'm planning on using .5ms persistence, I don't think i'll have too much trouble with brightness levels since I can always turn up the monitor settings as well as benq's black equalizer.
That will help to an extent; that said, 0.167ms persistence is almost 10x dimmer than LightBoost=10%.
So realistically, 0.5ms is the lowest usable setting at the moment.
Sorry, what do you mean by service menu? :o Can I get this to work on my 2411z? I would really like to try this out myself! :geek:
See these instructions to bring up the service menu.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!