Blur Busters Forums

Who you gonna call? The Blur Busters! For Everything Better Than 60Hz™ Skip to content

Is there a reason my monitor is saying free sync is enabled?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!

Is there a reason my monitor is saying free sync is enabled?

Postby ayeTop » 06 Aug 2019, 20:47

https://gyazo.com/9f9bb04c78fd66d3134a72746dd9f6f6 On the screenshot it says I have free-sync on when I disabled it on nvidia control panel. Idk if its a visual bug but it wasnt like this before. Anyone know a way to fix? Also, is this normal? https://gyazo.com/89b56a3305a530276f278103f5e84dae I'm using premium overdrive and it looks like this. My monitor is a xl2540 and it feels like targets in a game like overwatch become blurry when the move.
ayeTop

Re: Is there a reason my monitor is saying free sync is enab

Postby Chief Blur Buster » 16 Aug 2019, 16:59

Sometimes the FreeSync setting is an ON/OFF setting on the monitor too -- so that you can enable it both monitor-side and computer-side.

If there is no FreeSync setting on the monitor OSD, then it's probably OK to not worry about it. You can try rebooting your monitor (unplug-plug) after turning off via NVIDIA -- and see what happens to the setting. FreeSync ON/OFF doesn't often dynamically happen.

Fortunately, I don't think it's anything to worry about in your particular case.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Return to General — Displays, Graphics & More