Is there a reason my monitor is saying free sync is enabled?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
ayeTop

Is there a reason my monitor is saying free sync is enabled?

Post by ayeTop » 06 Aug 2019, 20:47

https://gyazo.com/9f9bb04c78fd66d3134a72746dd9f6f6 On the screenshot it says I have free-sync on when I disabled it on nvidia control panel. Idk if its a visual bug but it wasnt like this before. Anyone know a way to fix? Also, is this normal? https://gyazo.com/89b56a3305a530276f278103f5e84dae I'm using premium overdrive and it looks like this. My monitor is a xl2540 and it feels like targets in a game like overwatch become blurry when the move.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Is there a reason my monitor is saying free sync is enab

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 16 Aug 2019, 16:59

Sometimes the FreeSync setting is an ON/OFF setting on the monitor too -- so that you can enable it both monitor-side and computer-side.

If there is no FreeSync setting on the monitor OSD, then it's probably OK to not worry about it. You can try rebooting your monitor (unplug-plug) after turning off via NVIDIA -- and see what happens to the setting. FreeSync ON/OFF doesn't often dynamically happen.

Fortunately, I don't think it's anything to worry about in your particular case.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!