Acer claims its new gaming monitors can achieve up to a 0.2m

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
karavanasam

Acer claims its new gaming monitors can achieve up to a 0.2m

Post by karavanasam » 07 Aug 2019, 06:14

Hey guys.You know I am owner of Asus VG258QR and I like my monitor a lot.But you people still are looking for the best monitor.I just read this news from PCGamer and I wanted to share.Start saving money for these new monitors if you ask me. :D

"Acer seems to be on a mission to virtually eliminate response times on gaming monitors. Following last week's announcement of its Predator XN253Q X, which sports an "overdrive mode" to drop the native 1ms response time to just 0.4ms, Acer today unveiled its Nitro XF2 series, and they go ever even lower with this mysterious mode.

There are two new models, the 27-inch Nitro XF272 X and 25-inch Nitro XF252Q. Both are Full HD 1080p displays with an ultra-fast 240Hz refresh rate, and both have a native 3ms response time. However, the 25-inch model can 'overdrive' to 0.3ms and the 27-inch model can achieve an astonishing 0.2ms."

steel116

Re: Acer claims its new gaming monitors can achieve up to a

Post by steel116 » 07 Aug 2019, 08:10

karavanasam wrote:Hey guys.You know I am owner of Asus VG258QR and I like my monitor a lot.But you people still are looking for the best monitor.I just read this news from PCGamer and I wanted to share.Start saving money for these new monitors if you ask me. :D

"Acer seems to be on a mission to virtually eliminate response times on gaming monitors. Following last week's announcement of its Predator XN253Q X, which sports an "overdrive mode" to drop the native 1ms response time to just 0.4ms, Acer today unveiled its Nitro XF2 series, and they go ever even lower with this mysterious mode.

There are two new models, the 27-inch Nitro XF272 X and 25-inch Nitro XF252Q. Both are Full HD 1080p displays with an ultra-fast 240Hz refresh rate, and both have a native 3ms response time. However, the 25-inch model can 'overdrive' to 0.3ms and the 27-inch model can achieve an astonishing 0.2ms."
Sorry for bad thread, may i ask you which one Trace setting do you use on your Asus VG258QR and can you see the ghosting actually?

karavanasam

Post by karavanasam » 07 Aug 2019, 08:54

No problem friend,I can answer.
My VG258QR settings are always same from start.TF:100,Vividpixel:50,FPS Mode.I see color ghosting when I surf,not much in games.Reminds me my old CRT monitor.I still cant decide to turn adaptive sync on or off from monitors menu.
Also monitor performs better when "use default settings" is selected from Nvidia control panel resolution section other than rgb full,limited or else.

do0om

Post by do0om » 07 Aug 2019, 11:40

The XF252Q is the one that has been reviewed: https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/ac ... xf252q.htm and while it's good it's not 0.3ms response time.
Interesting to see that the 27-inch has lower advertised response time but I am not a fan of 27-inch full HD for esport.

masneb

Post by masneb » 07 Aug 2019, 16:16

Yeah, they never are. If it's anywhere close and doesn't suffer huge issues with overshoot it'd be worth looking into. I'm extremely leary of any new monitors as they definitely don't seem to just be 'better' like new monitors used to be.

Jason38

Post by Jason38 » 07 Aug 2019, 17:41

masneb wrote:Yeah, they never are. If it's anywhere close and doesn't suffer huge issues with overshoot it'd be worth looking into. I'm extremely leary of any new monitors as they definitely don't seem to just be 'better' like new monitors used to be.
This monitor has the strobing option in sync with the refresh rate. That alone makes me want to try it. Regular strobing doesn't feel good to my eyes.

masneb

Post by masneb » 07 Aug 2019, 19:08

I would agree with that. OLEDs achieve basically the same thing without strobing as well. Really wish someone would make a specialized gaming OLED and give a big warning about burn in. I would totally buy it. Throw 1000hz at that, mmmmm.

You need BFI just to achieve the sorry state current monitor technology is in with OLED, for people that don't like perfect pictures.

boon

Post by boon » 07 Aug 2019, 21:37

How would you stop the UI on your game from burning in? If there was a way to toggle the UI on/off, I would totally go with an OLED gaming monitor.

masneb

Post by masneb » 08 Aug 2019, 01:31

You don't... As with normal OLED TVs when static picture is detected it powers down the monitor until motion is detected. If it's a in game UI, that'll eventually burn in, but you're talking thousands of hours of playing games and specifically that ONE game with a UI in one spot.

The major offender is the desktop and static content.

I'm very certain you could market OLEDs under specific criteria. There is definitely a market here for a premium product if people are willing to spend $600 on a gaming monitor right now. Match that with 1000hz and fsync you have a pretty killer product. HDR would just be icing on the cake. I would pay for it.

Notty_PT

Post by Notty_PT » 08 Aug 2019, 02:46

There is an oled coming soon 144hz 21,5. I guess it will beat every model motion clarity wise, but wont have low input lag like the best 240hz monitors.