Need Purchase Advice Between a Couple of Monitors

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
senny22

Need Purchase Advice Between a Couple of Monitors

Post by senny22 » 12 Aug 2019, 13:18

I've decided to purchase a freesync monitor with displayport to use with future graphics cards. Based on what's available I've decided on one of the following monitors:

- MSI MAG241CR

- Acer XF240H

- AOC G2590PX

- AOC C24G1

- Samsung C24Fg73FQU

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Need Purchase Advice Between a Couple of Monitors

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 16 Aug 2019, 17:12

senny22 wrote:I've decided to purchase a freesync monitor with displayport to use with future graphics cards. Based on what's available I've decided on one of the following monitors:

- MSI MAG241CR
- Acer XF240H
- AOC G2590PX
- AOC C24G1
- Samsung C24Fg73FQU
AMD does a great job with bringing low-cost VRR as FreeSync but it helps if you cross-reference with NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible Monitors because FreeSync monitors that are also simultaneously certified "G-SYNC Compatible" tends to also be the better FreeSync monitors.

Of your list, those include:

Acer XF240H
AOC G2590PX

However, that doesn't exclude other options -- For example, the Samsung is one of the more XBox friendly 1440p ones and has better colors even if there is the VA ghosting (slower than TN). Those models also have a motion blur reduction mode. Also, the Samsung CFG73 while cheaper, is kind of superseded by Samsung CHG70 although the CHG series begin at 27 inches while the CFG series has the 24 inch size.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

senny22

Re: Need Purchase Advice Between a Couple of Monitors

Post by senny22 » 20 Aug 2019, 04:17

Cheers, I ended up getting the C24G1 as it was available for noticably cheaper compared to the others. I'm quite pleased with it. The only downside is the slight ghosting compared to my old tn panel. The adjustable Motion blur reduction setting is nice thought.