Second XF252Q (On Fourth). QA issues.

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
masneb

Re: Second XF252Q (Third)

Post by masneb » 02 Sep 2019, 09:44

Talk about a blunder, there is another Amazon review stating the same thing, so this happened on multiple occasions.

masneb

Re: Second XF252Q (Fourth)

Post by masneb » 25 Sep 2019, 19:16

So I'm on my fourth XF252Q, which I assume is from the second batch as I bought it a couple days ago after they went out of stock and came back in stock.

My third I sent back, despite the oval in the center of the screen due to two mismatched light black bars going across the screen horizontally.

I'm currently on my fourth, while the panel itself image wise seems relatively good. For some reason when you reset the PC or turn the monitor on it has a beige tint to it until you go into the menu and change the gamma back and fourth. Weird, alright.

Now the really annoying part is Testufo does this weird 'buzzing' thing every 1-2 seconds. Where it's relatively clear for a bit and looks great then the whole UFO and moving scene 'jitters' like the overdrive turns off for maybe 500ms, everything gets fuzzy and and blurry (only the moving image), then it goes back to a normal looking and moving picture. I would take a video of it if I could, but I don't have a moving gantry to do it.

QA for these monitors is absurd, while I didn't test it, I had the third monitor for a month before sending it back and I want to say the motion clarity degraded. When I play HotS I could normally pretty easily see moving names (with the first monitor and at first with the second two), but towards the end before I sent it back it became garbled and looked an awful lot like a 8ms panel or something along those lines.

Thoughts? Ideas? The beige tint is worrying, but I'm not sure what to make of the random jitter. It isn't the same as a stutter like when your FPS drops or the test unsyncs.

masneb

Re: Second XF252Q (On Fourth). QA issues.

Post by masneb » 25 Sep 2019, 19:36

I might do a fifth monitor if this turns out to be a problem and then I'm going to get the Omen X 25f, even if it's a bit worse it doesn't matter if the performance and QA is all over the place. When this monitor works it's god damn amazing, but there are so many little things that seem to be broken between different panels I've gotten and if the performance degrades over time there is no point in keeping it.

forcedreg

Post by forcedreg » 26 Sep 2019, 16:50

Heads up for anyone who might experience high pitch noise when using the monitor: Try muting the monitor speaker. I was a bit freaked out about it but was relieved when I noticed it was the speaker.

I'm using my XF252Q for little over a month now and haven't experienced any other problems other than subpar image quality which is normal for TN panels (seems better than my old xl2411z, however). This being said, I don't use features like freesync or blur reduction. Loving the screen so far.

masneb

Post by masneb » 27 Sep 2019, 14:41

Something else I've noticed with FS, I'm not sure if this is particular to FS in general or this monitor is the desktop changes resolution when you're in game. When you tab out it looks like 720p or something before it fixes itself.

One of the problems with the second monitor and FS was the brightness fluctuates a LOT when the refresh rate changes. That was the reason I sent it back. The fourth monitor I may send back for the same reason as well.

The beige/orange tint I fixed, if anyone runs into that. You have to turn bluelight setting on and notch it till it turns off again, then it seems to remember it. It seems to be a firmware bug of some kind.

I still haven't figured out what the 'jitter' thing is on the testufo.

Baden

Post by Baden » 30 Sep 2019, 00:00

I have the same issue with a bright oval in the middle of the screen, similar to what was posted. I am in the process of sending back for replacement to amazon. I didn’t see any other issues, freesync worked perfectly (1080ti).

Hopefully I have better luck with the replacement as I think the display is amazing overall.

masneb

Post by masneb » 30 Sep 2019, 20:00

The oval on the screen you can pretty much eliminate by leaving the monitor on 100% brightness on a white screen overnight and do it for like a week.

Baden

Post by Baden » 02 Oct 2019, 09:07

Thanks for the suggestion, but it is not something I think I should do on a new product.

Second one is now going back for excessive light bleed at the top, right & left side..also a few dead pixels. :?

Baden

Post by Baden » 05 Oct 2019, 09:25

So the third replacement developed the same bright oval. Strange as it didn’t appear until about 4 hours of use. I am going to try what was suggested of leaving it on a white screen at 100% brightness for a few days. Do I also need to max out contrast?

Otherwise I am just going to get a refund and look at the HP or Gigabyte 240hz.

boxszs

Post by boxszs » 07 Oct 2019, 20:30

So the monitor sucks?