XL2411P: RGB Full vs Limited Questions!

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
S4H4J

XL2411P: RGB Full vs Limited Questions!

Post by S4H4J » 23 Aug 2019, 03:49

I have XL2411P via displayport. I can't seem to decide whether RGB full looks better or RGB limited, and whether RGB full is working ok or not so please guide me guys. I have uploaded some comparison images. Captured from my Galaxy A7 2017's camera. Can do with Sony Cybershot if needed.

Comparison 1. Picture of sky taken from youtube video on RGB full and limited. https://imgur.com/a/O2w0MGi
Remarks: As you may have already noticed, the sky in 1st image(RGB full) has more detailing in clouds whereas the sky in 2nd image(RGB limited) has very few color shades. My question: Is this fine? Is this how RGB full is supposed to work? I am coming from a cheap IPS monitor via HDMI(which I assume defaulted to RGB limited because it was treated as HDTV by drivers. Prior to that I had a Dell TN panel via DVI-I, never bothered about RGB setting until now.)

Comparison 2. Text jagginess on RGB full and limited. https://imgur.com/a/UYd7KWh
Remarks: In the 1st image(RGB full), the text on browser's page title tab #2 appears jagged. But on RGB limited, text appears great. Also I noticed that color vibrance kinda increases when going from RGB full to RGB limited(see the UFO color on browser's tab). What are your thoughts on this? I made a thread on this site earlier. Chief asked me to post some pics but I got busy in life and this slipped my mind.

Edit: Will add more comparisons in original post or replies.

karavanasam

Re: XL2411P: RGB Full vs Limited Questions!

Post by karavanasam » 23 Aug 2019, 11:42

My monitor somehow gives its best performance and quality when use default color settings are selected from gpu's resolution settings instead of RGB full or RGB limited.If you have nvidia gpu and win 10 ,try that one.If AMD,then I dont know what to recommend. :D

S4H4J

Post by S4H4J » 23 Aug 2019, 13:05

karavanasam wrote:My monitor somehow gives its best performance and quality when use default color settings are selected from gpu's resolution settings instead of RGB full or RGB limited.If you have nvidia gpu and win 10 ,try that one.If AMD,then I dont know what to recommend. :D
Yes I have NVIDIA RTX 2070. Default setting in NVCP picks RGB Full I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzZG4iEFVac

At 2:15 how does the sky look like to you? I took pictures on RGB full and limited. https://imgur.com/a/O2w0MGi

karavanasam

Post by karavanasam » 24 Aug 2019, 11:44

When I select RGB FULL,it is very different from "use default settings".Logic says they must be same with RGB full but it is not.But hey this is Nvidia.Expect anything from them. :D
So did you check your GPU resolution screen?Use default settings are selected instead of use rgb full or rgb limited?If result is still not good then lets try something else.How about using a different monitor driver?Control panel and then monitor driver.Which one is selected?Benq's own driver or default plug and play driver?If it is Benq try default plug and play driver.If it is default plug and play driver then try Benq's driver either from its CD or from its website.
I cant see imgur image because my isp blocks it.But sky looks bright and detailed in my monitor. :)

S4H4J

Post by S4H4J » 25 Aug 2019, 10:02

Thanks for replying bro. I have already tried the driver thing before. Anyway, I am on default NVCP settings now. I think I'm noticing a very slight difference to the text after this. I am coming from much smaller panels though. This 24 inch is the largest I ever had. I guess I just need to sit at like 50-70cms away and get used to the text.