time response, its not 1 ms with Asus PG 258 ~~

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
coyotewolf6

Re: time response, its not 1 ms with Asus PG 258 ~~

Post by coyotewolf6 » 01 Sep 2019, 12:41

THANKS ,
for sure many ppl will find your answers useful

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 05 Sep 2019, 13:46

This thread is correct -- don't confuse latency (milliseconds) versus pixel response (milliseconds)
____

However, remember that lowest latency isn't always the best.

A low-but-erratic latency can sometimes make aiming harder in certain games such as PUBG.

Some people want consistent latency or minimized stutters to improve their aiming.

Picture this:

Very volatile from 1ms to 7ms, averaging to 4ms average lag.
--versus--
Less volatile from 5.5ms to 6.5ms, averaging to 6ms average lag.

The latter can sometimes provide better scores in certain stuttery and framerate-fluctuatey games. Less volatile but slightly higher average lag. Versus more volatile but slightly lower average lag.

When we're within these single-digit milliseconds, sometimes less volatile is better.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 05 Sep 2019, 20:01

Chief Blur Buster wrote: Very volatile from 1ms to 7ms, averaging to 4ms average lag.
--versus--
Less volatile from 5.5ms to 6.5ms, averaging to 6ms average lag.
It’s easier to immediately make 6.5, 12 FPS do not play a role.
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.