AMA menu on Benq GL2760H only shows off and on.

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
maou42

AMA menu on Benq GL2760H only shows off and on.

Post by maou42 » 01 Sep 2019, 04:18

Hi

As stated in the subject, my monitor only offer OFF and ON as AMA options, not OFF HIGH and Premium as on all my previous Benq monitors with AMA.

Is that normal or is my monitor not functioning properly?

Thanks

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: AMA menu on Benq GL2760H only shows off and on.

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 Sep 2019, 21:14

I think that it's a model-specific quirk. Some models have multiple overdrive settings, and some models have fewer overdrive settings.

Ideally, I wish manufacturers would make Overdrive a slider adjustment (just like Brightness or Contrast) with a range of 0%...100%. Since most of them manipulate a hidden overdrive gain register that actually has 100 different overdrive settings or 128 overdrive settings or even 256 overdrive settings! This would provide way more flexibility for more users, especially since even panel temperature and other factors can cause minor shifts in overdrive results that would be solved by a minor adjustments of Overdrive Gain.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

maou42

Re: AMA menu on Benq GL2760H only shows off and on.

Post by maou42 » 02 Sep 2019, 23:21

Many thanks for your reply.

I wish the setting on my monitor did not go from Psychedelic trip motion blur when AMA is off to inverse ghosting when ON.