Blur Busters Forums

Who you gonna call? The Blur Busters! For Everything Better Than 60Hz™ Skip to content

Reduce motion blur on Acer Predator Gaming Z321QU & PS4 Pro

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!

Reduce motion blur on Acer Predator Gaming Z321QU & PS4 Pro

Postby kingeryck » 11 Sep 2019, 17:53

There's noticeable motion blur when playing the PS4 and I feel like there shouldn't be with this monitor. It's set to 160mhz right now. What can I do to reduce the blur?
kingeryck

Re: Reduce motion blur on Acer Predator Gaming Z321QU & PS4

Postby Chief Blur Buster » 11 Sep 2019, 18:38

The Z321QU monitor is a VA panel -- they tend to ghost quite a bit in dark colors.

To minimize ghosting on VA panels:
(1) Warm the panels up for 30 minutes. They perform much better when warmed up.
(2) Adjust colors to be brighter, or brighter gamma (make the grays much brighter). This can avoid problematic ghosting in certain games.

I suggest a fast IPS panel or a fast TN panel if you want better 60fps at 60Hz console gaming. And if motion blur was still a problem with those, motion blur reduction features are also an option but are not as common at 60 Hz (except on certain models such as the BenQ XL2411P).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Reduce motion blur on Acer Predator Gaming Z321QU & PS4

Postby TTT » 17 Sep 2019, 11:36

The screen probably isn't running at its max hz, the HDMI input will be locked to 60hz.

And what chief said VA is blurry and traily, it gets better at higher fps but thats only possible on a PC.
TTT

Return to General — Displays, Graphics & More