XF252Q low-latency turns off / frame skipping(?)

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
MatrixQW

Re: XF252Q low-latency turns off / frame skipping(?)

Post by MatrixQW » 23 Sep 2019, 04:27

pox02 wrote:asus GameFast Input technology work with freesync/gsync
Does it work at all or is it just marketing?
There is no information on internet on how it works and if it works with FreeSync.
Only thing I found is this on guru3d: "ASUS has implemented GameFast Input Technology, which bypasses time-sapping internal processing".

As a side note, try to separate your phrases with punctuation marks.

masneb

Post by masneb » 23 Sep 2019, 17:54

Looking for low hanging fruit, just stop dude.

And yes, it does work, currently in a discussion with TFT and Rtings. If this turns into you wasting my time by trying to drag out a discussion into 'proof or that doesn't happen' BS, which escalates into making youtube videos and 1000fps videos, you can bugger off. Forcing someone to waste as much of their time as possible till they give up to 'win' a discussion is dumb and unproductive.

Currently I've found that FS and Low Latency being enabled at the same time works, some times, but not all times. In HotS the monitor shuts off LL mode while FS is on, playing something like Overwatch or Modern Warfare, both FS and LL stay on. This happens with absolutely no changes to the UI on my end, just going in to check the setting and is definitely repeatable.

The resolutions are the same, the refreshrate is the same, FS functions in all games (with the built in indicator on the monitor). I currently haven't found a reason why it would turn off in HotS and have a limited number of games installed so trying to find others it shuts off in will be difficult...

MatrixQW

Post by MatrixQW » 24 Sep 2019, 02:53

masneb wrote:Looking for low hanging fruit, just stop dude.
Don't know what this means, maybe "easy answer".
masneb wrote:And yes, it does work, currently in a discussion with TFT and Rtings
Point me to it if you may.
Asus monitors don't have a setting for that, it's built-in, and my question is about Asus.
Don't assume it works because each brand and monitor will be different.
masneb wrote:If this turns into you wasting my time by trying to drag out a discussion into 'proof or that doesn't happen' BS, which escalates into making youtube videos and 1000fps videos, you can bugger off. Forcing someone to waste as much of their time as possible till they give up to 'win' a discussion is dumb and unproductive.
Not my intention at all to start a discussion. It's an honest question. I want to know if it works and under what conditions.
I assume it does by avoiding more signal processing, not sure if it still applies with FreeSync.
No need for videos, we have Battle(non)sense for that. ;)
masneb wrote:Currently I've found that FS and Low Latency being enabled at the same time works, some times, but not all times. In HotS the monitor shuts off LL mode while FS is on, playing something like Overwatch or Modern Warfare, both FS and LL stay on. This happens with absolutely no changes to the UI on my end, just going in to check the setting and is definitely repeatable.
The fact that you can't turn LL on when FS is already active is meaningful.
At the end of Rtings's review you can start a discussion. Try that, contact them or Acer.

masneb

Post by masneb » 25 Sep 2019, 09:16

I swear some people read, repeat, and don't internalize what they're reading.
masneb wrote:Saying this is 'normal' behavior is like saying no-ghosting is normal behavior or no halos... All monitors are different. You can't trust brands let alone technology to always work out a certain way in this case.
MatrixQW wrote:Asus monitors don't have a setting for that, it's built-in, and my question is about Asus.
Don't assume it works because each brand and monitor will be different.
Exactly what I said on the last page and why I said it. You're the one that is contributing your single data point to all FS monitors. If you wish to change your stance, don't take on my points and then act like I didn't originally say them.
MatrixQW wrote:At the end of Rtings's review you can start a discussion. Try that, contact them or Acer.
It's weird that you're literally responding in that exact post to me saying I'm already talking to both TFT and Rtings and then you said I should do this... Why? Not helpful. Just like offering very broad generic advice you think applies to a very specific issue with one monitor, which was already weeded out if you read the OP.

In the case of forums I can literally look at prior messages that are in chronological order to figure out what's happened in the conversation. This isn't like a livechat where you hope everything scrolls off the screen and the person doesn't remember what they were originally talking about nor can they quote it in time.

This whole conversation is unproductive.

MatrixQW

Post by MatrixQW » 25 Sep 2019, 10:06

I asked pox02 since he was the one that said it works with FS on Asus.
Chill out, you were the one who jumped in. End of discussion with you.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 27 Apr 2020, 11:46

boxszs wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 22:02
Does low latency turn off for you with FS off? I am looking to buy this monitor for CS:GO and need the fastest monitor possible.
On some monitors, FreeSync automatically requires low-latency mode, so low-latency is locked to ON.

This is often seen in many RTINGS latency tests, that the VRR mode ends up having similar latency.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

PixelDuck87

Post by PixelDuck87 » 28 Apr 2020, 11:57

From TFT review "There is an 'Ultra Low Latency' setting available in the OSD menu. We aren't really sure why you would ever want to turn this off to be honest, and it is enabled and locked by default when you enable FreeSync in the menu. We tested the lag in both off and on modes anyway."