Acer Nitro XF252Q - G-Sync or FreeSync one?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Retrospective

Acer Nitro XF252Q - G-Sync or FreeSync one?

Post by Retrospective » 22 Sep 2019, 12:39

Hi there,

I'm a bit confused - there are two models on the market now with different part numbers: UM.KX2AA.X01 and UM.KX2AA.001 - one is G-Sync and the other one is FreeSync. Rtings has reviewed the second one (https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/ ... tro-xf252q);

Searching for messages included model numbers confused me even more because there are a few messages by different people saying that the correct new model is the G-Sync model which I cannot find on the market.

So, the question is which one of these two models you talk about around the forum guys? :D

I'm currently deciding between XF252Q and Omen X 25f - the G-Sync Nitro model is out of stock everywhere in my country and I've never seen it in stock before since release. The FreeSync one is like $100 cheaper than Omen X 25f.

So which one of the two Nitro models is advertised sub-1 ms new AUO panel? - Both? FreeSync model is already good enough based on Rtings review (except for awful black uniformity) - it has 3.0 ms of input lag and for some reasons stated as better than Omen X 25f (again, based on Rtings review).