Found the best gaming monitor by accident

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Found the best gaming monitor by accident

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Nov 2021, 00:16

antiblur wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 00:01
TY! Do I have to place it with the display facing up during this procedure?
I do not understand.

Perhaps it's another translation problem.
Screen should be facing you.
Stand on bottom.
Do not tilt the LCD flat. Never do that.

I never said that.
"Facing up" = does not refer to glass = wrong = misunderstanding.
It simply means normal monitor setup.

Just simply unpack the monitor normally.
Everyday setup.
Like everybody else unpacks monitor.
(The flat box is the problem creating pressure spots)
(box is often upsidedown or box is flat, that creates the original problem)
antiblur wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 00:01
Would it be better if a color video or black and white video was launched during this procedure?
It does not matter.
What matters more is warmer temperature.
Use maximum screen brightness to make the monitor run warmer.
Warm liquid will flow sooner. Grays will become balanced faster.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

antiblur

Post by antiblur » 24 Nov 2021, 00:39

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 00:16

What matters more is warmer temperature.
Use maximum screen brightness to make the monitor run warmer.
Warm liquid will flow sooner. Grays will become balanced faster.
I understood everything, thanks. One more question. Should I use overdrive? (AMA)? This will speed up the process or not affect it in any way.
monitors: TN ACER 1916 (75Hz)>TN ACER 1917 (75Hz)>XL2540K (240Hz)>IIYAMA MASTER VISION PRO 451 (CRT 160 Hz)>xl2546k>omen x 25>24g2zu>xv252qf

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Nov 2021, 00:48

antiblur wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 00:39
I understood everything, thanks. One more question. Should I use overdrive? (AMA)? This will speed up the process or not affect it in any way.
No effect.
Adjust to preference.
Please come back after 72 hours (or more) and let us know if it is better.

It won't fix "edge light bleed".
But it should fix the center pressure spot.
It is caused bv the weight of the monitor stand. Inside a box that is not transported properly.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

antiblur

Post by antiblur » 28 Nov 2021, 05:40

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 00:48

Please come back after 72 hours (or more) and let us know if it is better.

96 hours. My results.

Origin:

After 24 hours:

After 48 hours:

After 72 hours:

After 96 hours:

I continue to warm up. The problem is almost invisible from the front, I hope it will disappear altogether. On the other hand, the matrix or the backlight began to look like it was covered with dirt or bumps, this is not visible in the photo, as I understand it due to the uneven backlighting, I hope this will also disappear, because initially it did not exist, I think this is due to the fact that the backlight is leveled.

Thx to Chief!
monitors: TN ACER 1916 (75Hz)>TN ACER 1917 (75Hz)>XL2540K (240Hz)>IIYAMA MASTER VISION PRO 451 (CRT 160 Hz)>xl2546k>omen x 25>24g2zu>xv252qf

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 28 Nov 2021, 08:16

You are welcome!

There are many sources of dark-screen nonuniformity
- Pressure spots (fix by burn-in)
- Edgelight bleed (if very very bad, then RMA)
- Unfixable IPS glow, VA gamma quirks, TN tight viewing angle
- Etc.

Burn-in period mainly helps the pressure spots (mis-shipping, like stacked boxes laid flat) only, so what’s left is the other issues. Yours seem to be heading towards nominal margins.

meghtitan

Post by meghtitan » 03 Dec 2021, 05:48

Lenovo Y27gq-25 does have ulmb have you tried it at 144hz or 120hz (cause this is the hz that ulmb does work in) just to compare to the XN253QP ? i also asked you about the asus pg258q since you stated that you have tested it subway surfer mod jiofi.local.html