New to the forums, requesting guidance on new monitor

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
BishieBishie

New to the forums, requesting guidance on new monitor

Post by BishieBishie » 03 Oct 2019, 08:34

Hi guys I have been deep info diving into monitors over the last week or so as I am looking to upgrade soon. Currently I have 2 ASUS VG248QE, I play mostly FPS like PUBG, Apex legends, Planetside 2, probably the new CoD. But also AAA titles like Witcher 3, Tomb Raider, Cyberpunk 2077. Most of my time is on Guild Wars 2.

Knowing that, I decided that high refresh and probably 1080p is priority for me, as I used to compete in CoD, and I am thinking I may give it a go again at some point. And then I came upon "Why I am done with 240hz" and my planned Acer predator buy was put aside. I have a 2700x/1080ti build that in most games sits above 144FPS, but many it does not, in particular Guild Wars 2 on its old engine and even with a DX12 mod sits under 100FPS and Planetside 2 is the same.

I have also thought about a 1440p upgrade, the new LG that came out recently really appeals to me, but I worry about losing advantage in FPS and driving future games.

So with that background, I wanted to ask these questions. I am UK based, I say this as sometimes monitors in the US are not available here.

Should I skip 240hz? If so is there a monitor that is an upgrade across the board, but mostly with input lag to the ASUS VG248QE?

Where do you guys, enthusiasts with good knowledge, stand on 1440p being bad for competitve FPS?

Is there any negative to having a 24 and 27 inch monitor set up, and switching the games you play between them? Maybe moving them on arms?

Thanks, hope you don't mind the potentially dumb questions