CRU- can't create refresh rate that won't change on ALT+TAB

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
hejonar

CRU- can't create refresh rate that won't change on ALT+TAB

Post by hejonar » 06 Nov 2019, 23:04

Hey I am trying to force my monitor/windows to run my default resolution at higher refresh rate. But when running fullscreen applications I am unable to force them to not change the refresh. For example I can start the game in my desired refresh but only until first alt-tab, then it goes back to old defaults and stays like that. Desktop is running my desired refresh properly, normally and during alt-tabs.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: CRU- can't create refresh rate that won't change on ALT

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 10 Nov 2019, 14:19

Also, there are some tweaks that can force a game to a specific refresh rate -- e.g. NVIDIA Control Panel can tell a game to "Use Application Controlled Refresh Rate" or to "Use Highest Refresh Rate". If desktop is using highest refresh rate, this can prevent a refresh rate change during Alt+Tab.

Another trick some people have done, is using ToastyX to delete defresh rate until only the refresh rates you want, is active. It's a brute force hammer. Restoring deleted refresh rate can be done via the reset-all.exe included with ToastyX.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

hejonar

Re: CRU- can't create refresh rate that won't change on ALT

Post by hejonar » 20 Nov 2019, 21:21

Sadly for me there is no such option in my driver Control Panel and ToastyX thing also doesn't work as intended.