Looking for a new monitor!

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Ryebreadandquark

Looking for a new monitor!

Post by Ryebreadandquark » 20 Dec 2019, 16:51

Hello guys! I'm new to this forum. As you can see from the title, I'm looking for a new monitor. Now, I wanted to go with a IPS monitor, but backlight bleed kept me away from those for now. I currently own a TN panel (old benq 120hz), so any newer TN screen should look a lot better than my actual one. I decided to buy an IPS panel in the future as well when better and less bleedy ones are out, but for now, I want to upgrade my main monitor and maintain a 1920x1080 resolution for the sake of high framerates. I have absolutely NO IDEA where to start. The only things I know are that I need -1920 reso -TN -120-240hz - reasonable colors (nothing fancy, but better than my old benq) and that's about it. I am looking for the best TN panel out there at full HD reso. Money is no issue. Any price is ok. Oh and, I play shooters mainly. Watching movies etc I do on my pad. I would appreciate very much to have your suggestions as to what are the absolute best 1080p TN panels right now. Thank you and cheers!