PG258Q Flickering Issue

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
STOPchris

PG258Q Flickering Issue

Post by STOPchris » 13 Jan 2020, 18:45

I had a PG258Q that had a bad flickering lines issue. It essentially would really quickly flicker some vertical lines across sections of the screen. I sent it back to Asus and they sent me a brand new monitor and the problem was gone.

Now, the last couple of months, the replacement (which was a brand new monitor, not refurbished) started flickering. This time the flickering is different. The flickering is now across the whole width of the screen and either black or white. The flickering is VERY intermittent. The flickering is completely random and I cannot recreate it. It rarely flickers, but when it does I notice it.

I tried the usual troubleshooting steps:
  • Different graphics card driver versions.
    Different cables (all certified displayport cables)
I attached a screenshot example of the issue. This time it flickered at the bottom in white. If you look, you can see the white flicker at the bottom of the screen. Also, you can see that it is flickering over the task bar as well. This tells me that it is most likely not Firefox.

Any help will be appreciated, I would rather not RMA and play the Asus lottery game if I don't have to. Especially, since the warranty is up in April.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (818.56 KiB) Viewed 1832 times

STOPchris

Re: PG258Q Flickering Issue

Post by STOPchris » 23 Apr 2020, 23:07

Nothing? I can't get any help with this anywhere. Asus basically acted like I was trying to get new monitors from them. I decided to just not buy from them in the future, since my warranty was close to expiring and they obviously didn't want to help. Just zoom in on that picture and you can see the white tint that flikered. Any ideas? Is this a bad part in the monitor?