Ghosting woes and solutions

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
ribasmudj

Ghosting woes and solutions

Post by ribasmudj » 23 Jan 2020, 18:52

Hey all, just discovered this site and it seems to be the place to ask about ghosting that's been killing me. I've had a 4k Samsung NU7100 TV that I'm using as a monitor for 6 months now, and before that I was using a random local 1080p TV for a year since I'm mostly gaming on it and love the extra space. I'm very satisfied with the Samsung one as it has great colors and contrast and very low input lag, but the ghosting is VERY noticeable in certain games and when scrolling through text etc.

I still don't know much about this but I guess it's due to the response time, which for this TV is around 9ms for g2g and 24ms for full range according to rtings.com, and when I enable limited color space the ghosting pretty much goes away completely, but everything looks terrible. The worst thing is that I barely had any ghosting on my last, no-name 1080p TV, and didn't even know to look out for it before I started seeing it on this one.

So can anything be done on this TV except going with garbage limited colors, and what should I look out for if I decide on getting a new monitor? Is it only related to response time or is it tied to refresh rate as well? I'm not that worried about response time as I don't even feel any on this TV and most monitors should be better in that regards. Thanks

1000WATT

Re: Ghosting woes and solutions

Post by 1000WATT » 25 Jan 2020, 05:42

ribasmudj wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 18:52
So can anything be done on this TV except going with garbage limited colors,
limited colors/contrast reduction
ribasmudj wrote: and what should I look out for if I decide on getting a new monitor?
Response Time

q70-80-90r

c9 b9 if you are not afraid of burnout of static objects.
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.