1080p 144hz

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
phixion

Re: 1080p 144hz

Post by phixion » 25 Feb 2020, 08:41

Yeah, I would prefer to see some real response times before making my mind up on that.

Historically, I'm pretty sure the Predator line are more expensive than the Nitro line.

Predator models had different panels (I think), better stands and G-Sync.

Nitro models had FreeSync and terrible stands.

I know the Nitro monitors have some of the fastest response times available, according to review sites.

At this point I'm really not sure the difference between them. They have started releasing new Predator models G-Sync Compatible rather than G-Sync module and the new Nitro monitors are also G-Sync Compatible.

I'm pretty sure this MSI uses the same panel as the upcoming Acer 240Hz IPS: https://youtu.be/leLp6Qgc6X8
Acer Predator XN253QX 240Hz G-Sync

phixion

Post by phixion » 25 Feb 2020, 11:08

I emailed Acer Support:

"Good Afternoon,

Thank you for contacting us.

I have checked but cannot yet see any release information for a variant of this monitor with an IPS panel @ 240Hz currently unfortunately.

In regards to your query on the different, the Predator range is our higher end range of gaming monitor and the Nitro models are part of our budget gaming products.

Both ranges would likely support G-Sync/Freesync in most cases.

My Thanks & Regards
Luke Milne
Acer Support"
Acer Predator XN253QX 240Hz G-Sync

Scriba

Post by Scriba » 25 Feb 2020, 11:22

phixion wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 11:08
I emailed Acer Support:

"Good Afternoon,

Thank you for contacting us.

I have checked but cannot yet see any release information for a variant of this monitor with an IPS panel @ 240Hz currently unfortunately.

In regards to your query on the different, the Predator range is our higher end range of gaming monitor and the Nitro models are part of our budget gaming products.

Both ranges would likely support G-Sync/Freesync in most cases.

My Thanks & Regards
Luke Milne
Acer Support"
Thanks for the information. As far as I know asus have some production delays because of the corona virus.

The explanation and distinction by asus is tbh not that good (where is the marketing sense). Why should you buy the predator, if the budget nitro models are as good.