Best settings on Benq 2420z?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
srsbsns

Re: Best settings on Benq 2420z?

Post by srsbsns » 23 Apr 2014, 19:06

I wanted to come in here and post my findings after spending quite a lot of time with about 6 XL2420Z monitors and a Spyder 4 Pro.

What I'm sharing below is for any XL2420Z. I will not be sharing RGB settings because its different for just about every XL2420Z.

1. Standard picture mode.
2. Gamma mode 5
3. brightness - your choice
4. Contrast - This is something I never learned from any of the review sites. They all calibrated of the default contrast. This is completely wrong. If you leave it on 50 and calibrate you will get totally out of whack grayscale issues like a brown or yellow tint. I recommend doing the following to determine correct contrast.

Visit: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/white.php

You will notice some of the boxes have a slight pink tint compared to box 200. Lower your contrast until the tint goes away. Then calibrate. For my current XL2420Z the number was 48 but some of the others it was 46. Dont lower it too much where you cant see box 254 and 253.

5. Buy a color meter such a Spyder 4 or its a equivalent. I'm sure some of the other forum members here can recommend other brands. Whatever you do dont get the Spyder 4 express. Its a complete waste of your money as it wont guide you to set RGB controls to hone in on 6500k color temperature. It will just end up causing banding because of the major LUT changes that need to be done.

Hope this helps everyone 8-)