Looking for competitive monitor

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
9Oxy

Looking for competitive monitor

Post by 9Oxy » 25 Mar 2020, 21:54

Hey Im a FPL player "csgo top tier player" and was wondering what is the best competitive monitor at at the moment, 240hz/1ms or lower/low motion blur. i run on an amd and was wanting to buy benq xl2540"wondering if xl2546 dyacc feat works on amd" and could not find any info if ulmb works on it and if the blur reduction would work for an amd gpu.

If you have any suggestions to the most competitive edge monitor please share :)

eye candy not needed
i sit right in front of the screen so do not need good viewing angles

ty for reading :)

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Looking for competitive monitor

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 Mar 2020, 00:05

9Oxy wrote:
25 Mar 2020, 21:54
Hey Im a FPL player "csgo top tier player" and was wondering what is the best competitive monitor at at the moment, 240hz/1ms or lower/low motion blur. i run on an amd and was wanting to buy benq xl2540"wondering if xl2546 dyacc feat works on amd" and could not find any info if ulmb works on it and if the blur reduction would work for an amd gpu.
DyAc works on both AMD and NVIDIA.

The list of motion blur reduction modes are as follows, from Motion Blur Reduction FAQ:

LightBoost (by NVIDIA)
ULMB – Ultra Low Motion Blur (by NVIDIA)
PureXP – Pure Experience (by ViewSonic)
DyAc – Dynamic Accuracy (by BenQ ZOWIE)
ELMB – Extreme Low Motion Blur (by ASUS)
VRB – Visual Response Boost (by Acer)
Aim Stabilizer – (by AORUS / Gigabyte Technology)
MotionFlow Impulse (by Sony)
1ms MPRT (by LG) — up to 16x clearer motion than “1ms GtG“!
(and a few other brand names)

The only vendor-locked blur reduction are ULMB and LightBoost, locked to NVIDIA GPUs.
All the other work on any GPU at the refresh rates supported by the blur reduction (both AMD and NVIDIA).

So it's safe to purchase the BenQ ZOWIE monitors for any GPU. If you want brighter BenQ ZOWIE blur reduction, make sure it's the DyAc version because that doesn't dim as much.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

9Oxy

Re: Looking for competitive monitor

Post by 9Oxy » 26 Mar 2020, 10:35

English not my 1st language
Im sorry if you answered this i re read a bit and im not sure if https://blurbusters.com/benq/strobe-utility/ works and is it possible to have 0 motion blur (to the eye) even if its dim, at 240hz 1ms