Asus XG32VQR Backlight bleeding ?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
karzel

Asus XG32VQR Backlight bleeding ?

Post by karzel » 26 Mar 2020, 01:49

Few things at the beginning:
1. I'm new on the forum so Hello to everyone :)
2. Sorry for my terrible english ;)
3. I'm speaking to much :P

Recently i bought Asus XG32VQR and overall i'm happy with this product, but one thing bothers me a little, which is possible backlight bleeding. I say "possible" cause, i know it is present but i don't know if i should be worry about this or even try to send it back and buy another one.

When i look at the black, the BLB is not so big, but when i took the photo, it looks much worse on it.
And this is not what bothers me so much, cause i don't see this on normal use (www, gaming), what bothers me much more is "white" -
it is not as white as it should be on all areas. I can't catch it on photo, but from more than 3/4 from the top to bottom it goes to grey a little - i mean, the "white" on bottom is darker then on top.
Again, when gaming - it is not visible almost at all but when i'm on desktop I see this all the time.

I dont have experience whit new monitors, but i think that for almost $650 there should be more quality for the price.
With my old monitor SyncMaster 245T with S-PVA I didn't had such problems. I never tought to check if there is any BLB and white was white everywhere.

Could someone advice me what should I do ?
Is that defect big enough that i should return this monitor ? Cause I'm affraid that with my luck next one i receive will be worst :D
Maybe I'll use to it ? ;)
Everything I do on this monitor is not professional use, such as graphics makings or such.

Below I have added some photos that show the BLB and "white".
20200324_182249.jpg
20200324_182249.jpg (928.15 KiB) Viewed 1426 times
20200324_182341.jpg
20200324_182341.jpg (923.01 KiB) Viewed 1426 times
Unfortunately I couldn't take a picture of the problem so I preapred one in gimp that shows the problem the most.
white3.png
white3.png (896.41 KiB) Viewed 1426 times
Thank you for your help in advance :)

P.S. sorry if i doubled the topic. I've posted it once but not posted on forum.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Asus XG32VQR Backlight bleeding ?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 Mar 2020, 14:50

karzel wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 01:49
I dont have experience whit new monitors, but i think that for almost $650 there should be more quality for the price.
With my old monitor SyncMaster 245T with S-PVA I didn't had such problems. I never tought to check if there is any BLB and white was white everywhere.
Unfortunately, BLB (and/or panel glow effects) is problematic throughout the industry.

It is a personal choice -- Returning or trying warranty. Be noted that doing the warranty route can also receive panels that have worse BLB type artifacts.

(As for taking pictures, you need to use an intentionally longer camera-exposure setting)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!