This monitor does exist ?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Eskivix

This monitor does exist ?

Post by Eskivix » 09 Apr 2020, 23:35

Hi my friend, sorry for my english, i'm french it's not easy for me but people recommended me your forum to ask my question. I always play/watch movie/serie in a full dark room without light, i had several monitor in my life as BenQ Xl2411P, Aoc 24" Ips, Asus VG27AQ, Asus 24" TN, Acer Predator 24" 244hz.

You won't believe me but my favorite is still Xl2411P... And this is my biggest problem yet... I can correctly explain if you like why this one:

Aoc 24" IPS: Too bright and IPS glow and Impossible to save my setting ( Not this problem on BenQ XL2411P)
Asus 24" TN: Very ugly picture compare to my XL2411P and couldn't save my setting ( reset after restart monitor or computer )
Asus VG27AQ: My first 27 inches, it's too big resolution for me and IPS glow was so scary...
Acer Predator 24" 240hz: I don't notice many difference between 144 and 240hz, g-sync is not how i expected and quality of image is similar to my XL2411 ( too expensive for nothing this Acer Predator ).

SO now introduction is finished, i would like to ask you something. I don't know why but BenQ is the best brand for my eyes, I had previous XL2411Z but changed cause of DP not available on it.

Why would i like to change my XL 2411P ? Because i would like more contrast, i'm 100% time in the night and i know best panel is VA but i'm scaried about ghosting... I hope you still can understand me, i write in english as in french so forgive my bad sentence construction:

This is what i'm actually searching:

- 144hz
- 24-25 inches max
- 1920x1080
- No ghosting
- No ips glow or stuff like that when screen is all black in a dark room
- Not curved

I searched on many website and it's impossible to find monitor like that... My XL2411Z was my best monitor and i bought it 5 years ago. Why actual monitor technology are so bad ? I selt it but on this one i had enough contrast for dark scene in a dark room, no white stuff, color was enough good and i had no ghosting. Now on this XL2411P i have reverse ghosting sometime and it's not total black in a dark scene.

Even if it's very expensive, don't hesitate, i fed up to search since two months now, where is this monitor ? :?:

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: This monitor does exist ?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 14 Apr 2020, 14:52

Do you use motion blur reduction ON or OFF?

What games do you play?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Eskivix

Post by Eskivix » 16 Apr 2020, 22:22

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 14:52
Do you use motion blur reduction ON or OFF?

What games do you play?
Off and i play rocket league/football manager/Assassin Creed/Cs:GO/Conqueror's blade etc

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Apr 2020, 12:05

I asked about blur reduction because you asked about reduced ghosting -- and games you play because sometimes blur reduction benefits some games more (Rocket League) than others which benefit less (CS:GO) since blur reduction benefits crosshairs-less games (that has fast panning/turning/scrolling) a bit more.

XL2411P is similar to XL2411Z -- kind of an XL2411Z with a DisplayPort instead of DVI. So you'll find XL2411P very familiar.

Also, since you like BenQ and tried many options -- Have you considered the BenQ XL2546 or XL2546S? More than 50% of the people on prosettings.net seem to be using the 240Hz BenQs and if you're playing professionally, they could be worthy of consideration.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Eskivix

Post by Eskivix » 19 Apr 2020, 21:00

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
17 Apr 2020, 12:05
I asked about blur reduction because you asked about reduced ghosting -- and games you play because sometimes blur reduction benefits some games more (Rocket League) than others which benefit less (CS:GO) since blur reduction benefits crosshairs-less games (that has fast panning/turning/scrolling) a bit more.

XL2411P is similar to XL2411Z -- kind of an XL2411Z with a DisplayPort instead of DVI. So you'll find XL2411P very familiar.

Also, since you like BenQ and tried many options -- Have you considered the BenQ XL2546 or XL2546S? More than 50% of the people on prosettings.net seem to be using the 240Hz BenQs and if you're playing professionally, they could be worthy of consideration.
I can't see ghosting on rocket league on my Xl2411P but i can see it on football manager. Well ghosting is a problem but not my biggest one, i'm more sensitive into this ghosting when you put your mouse on a button and it changes color, i don't know what is the name of this type of ghosting.

When it's a player who is moving in football manager and i can see blur behind him, it's not a big problem for my eyes ( less than button ). And yeah i considered 240hz BenQ. Problem is i don't only play competitive game, i also watch serie and movie on my screen and i have actually 140hz BenQ. I tried one 240hz monitor to be honest i didn't see much difference between 240 and 144.