IPS 240hz -> Acer Predator XB253QGXbmiiprzx ??

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
STOPchris

Re: IPS 240hz -> Acer Predator XB253QGXbmiiprzx ??

Post by STOPchris » 05 Jul 2020, 22:34

ItwasLuck wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 17:13
filipeazev wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 09:39
ItwasLuck wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 14:15
The Acer Predator XB3 line of monitors have pretty good Q/C. So far I've heard of 5 people who had great experience with their monitor. Not a single case yet of anyone having issues.
Unfortunately, I have an issue with my 253Q GX. When I'm on Reddit (dark theme) or any site with a predominantly dark background, vertical lines and ghost(persistent) images appear. It sucks because other than that I'm really enjoying this monitor.

Image its
That is odd, I would get a replacement for sure. I have no such issues at all. In fact I just did my second calibration for the monitor and I am getting these results!

2ndcalibration1hr (2).png
Mine did it today. It went away after a few minutes.

Uli

Post by Uli » 08 Jul 2020, 08:07

STOPchris wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 22:34
Currently anytime my monitor does it I just go into its rgb settings and tweak one of the values til hopefully it no longer does it anymore.... I do need to recalibrate though since I've done that but then feel like higher chance of the issue to reoccur if I calibrate back.

STOPchris

Post by STOPchris » 09 Jul 2020, 22:32

Uli wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 08:07
STOPchris wrote:
Currently anytime my monitor does it I just go into its rgb settings and tweak one of the values til hopefully it no longer does it anymore.... I do need to recalibrate though since I've done that but then feel like higher chance of the issue to reoccur if I calibrate back.
Your monitor does this a lot? Mine only did it the one time. It was really weird. I wouldn't doubt it if Acer is pumping out lemons. We all really need to head over to their forums and start posting the issue there. At least that way it has a better chance of being noticed.

Bend3r

Post by Bend3r » 10 Jul 2020, 00:13

STOPchris wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 22:32
Uli wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 08:07
STOPchris wrote:
Your monitor does this a lot? Mine only did it the one time. It was really weird. I wouldn't doubt it if Acer is pumping out lemons. We all really need to head over to their forums and start posting the issue there. At least that way it has a better chance of being noticed.
Well, Acer really don't want to get in touch with the consumers. I tried ask the Acer USA and Acer BR tech support some anwsers, but both just told me just to do a RMA, even I asking I just wanted a technican feedback from Acer about this issue. I could believe their tech assistance would provide a fix for it with a firmware update, or a "product recall", but anothers users already told in community even with a RMA the product still came with the issue, and come on, it's not cool to be without a monitor 2+ weeks and when you got it back the problem still there.

Acer community BR, Youtube Reviews videos and Hardware/Monitors forums has alot of warning about it, but Acer still away from get us a cool explanation. By the way, the best info about it I found on this forum by the user Chief Blur Buster and others here; PG279QE Image Retention Help ASAP pls!

I already accepted this image pesistence as a behaver from that kind of panel, as everytime it happen, to be honest not so commum in my case, I just need to turn the monitor off for a while or put some videos in fullscreen to recovery the image and remove the persistance effect. I can't be fine with Acer ignoring that model has a lot of image persitance/retetion more than expected. People won't be trust by their product.
Last edited by Bend3r on 11 Jul 2020, 12:13, edited 1 time in total.

Uli

Post by Uli » 11 Jul 2020, 11:24

STOPchris wrote:
4 or 5 times (Adjusted settings each time I found new imagery that causes it).

I had it with the Alienware AW2521HF as well, so its not isolated to Acer.

STOPchris

Post by STOPchris » 11 Jul 2020, 13:58

Uli wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 11:24
STOPchris wrote:
4 or 5 times (Adjusted settings each time I found new imagery that causes it).

I had it with the Alienware AW2521HF as well, so its not isolated to Acer.
It almost seems like something else going on with this monitor. It was really strange when it happened with mine. I could not seem to go back and reproduce it either. It was flickering on the top right of the screen while the image persistence was present. It seemed more like something was malfunctioning than an image persistence issue.

k0ns

Post by k0ns » 20 Jul 2020, 08:26

Hello guys, the acer nitro VG252QX is too an ips 240hz.
    It has the same panel (?) but support vrb at 240hz.
    So wierd the acer marketing, the xv, the xb and now the vg..l whats the difference? Location?

So many questions:
    How do i find the perfect color settings without using special tools?
    What settings should i apply and/or turn off, lets say its the same panel as the xb253 (im not 100% sure but it looks the same without the predator and the stand is cheap and it has no usb hub)
    Any tips reducing the input lag? Is the response time that bad? Is it really 1ms or 4ms native?
    Whats more important, input lag or response time?
    There are no reviews on it so lets just say its the xb253 for all these questions. Is the Asus Vg25... way better? I mena in the rtings review it had everything..

EDIT:
    It support vbr at 120hz max, i have it rn
    Last edited by k0ns on 22 Jul 2020, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.

k0ns

Post by k0ns » 20 Jul 2020, 09:05

japle wrote:
    29 Jun 2020, 12:27
    axaro1 wrote:
    23 Jun 2020, 02:54

Edit 1: I'm using Asus' VG259QM icm profile

Edit 2: I'm RUNNING 240hz 10 bit on the VG259QM!!!
    I was trying to follow this guide (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl-Ata9ql2A)
    I opened CRU, I clicked on the (active) profile and deleted the main detailed resolution, mine was 1920x1080 60hz.
    I was trying LCD Reduced 240hz, after setting it and clicking on restart64 in the CRU package it didn't work and CRU automatically set it from LCD reduced to Manual for some reason.
    To my surprise both the monitor OSD and W10 are currently saying that the monitor is running at 240hz 10bit and I'm already noticing a good improvement in colors, which is something I wasn't expecting.
    It used to automatically revert to 8 bit after I set it to 10 bit in the Amd Radeon Software, I'll try to restart the PC and see if it retains 10 bit colors.

Edit 3: Yes, it does retain the settings, this is great! I took a screenshot if you guys want to copy the settings I'm using and try it yourself https://imgur.com/a/mFHvq5n

I watched some 10 bit content with MPC-Be+MadVR (I pressed CTRL+J to make sure D3D11 and P010 are 10 bit) and I must say that 10 bit truly turn this monitor colors on Racing mode from a 7/10 to a 9/10.
    Racing Mode + 10 bit + icm profile is finally showing the potential of this panel.

Edit 4 Final: 10bit 280hz doesn't work but making a detailed resolution seems snappier idk why.
    I see you havve a xg2402 too, are you using it as second monitor? Do you have any suggestions for it?

k0ns

Post by k0ns » 20 Jul 2020, 09:07

japle wrote:
    29 Jun 2020, 12:27
    axaro1 wrote:
    23 Jun 2020, 02:54

Edit 1: I'm using Asus' VG259QM icm profile

Edit 2: I'm RUNNING 240hz 10 bit on the VG259QM!!!
    I was trying to follow this guide (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl-Ata9ql2A)
    I opened CRU, I clicked on the (active) profile and deleted the main detailed resolution, mine was 1920x1080 60hz.
    I was trying LCD Reduced 240hz, after setting it and clicking on restart64 in the CRU package it didn't work and CRU automatically set it from LCD reduced to Manual for some reason.
    To my surprise both the monitor OSD and W10 are currently saying that the monitor is running at 240hz 10bit and I'm already noticing a good improvement in colors, which is something I wasn't expecting.
    It used to automatically revert to 8 bit after I set it to 10 bit in the Amd Radeon Software, I'll try to restart the PC and see if it retains 10 bit colors.

Edit 3: Yes, it does retain the settings, this is great! I took a screenshot if you guys want to copy the settings I'm using and try it yourself https://imgur.com/a/mFHvq5n

I watched some 10 bit content with MPC-Be+MadVR (I pressed CTRL+J to make sure D3D11 and P010 are 10 bit) and I must say that 10 bit truly turn this monitor colors on Racing mode from a 7/10 to a 9/10.
    Racing Mode + 10 bit + icm profile is finally showing the potential of this panel.

Edit 4 Final: 10bit 280hz doesn't work but making a detailed resolution seems snappier idk why.
    Can confirm, 10bit 240hz also seems to work on Acer XV253QX. 12bit works on 120hz.

What do these settings chnage except color? Will i get more input lag or wont i be able to turn on certain settings like VBR? Is it really worth it? Should i just calibrate my acer and then use the settings in the imgur and set 10bits in amd software, is it that easy :0

eddybrown

Post by eddybrown » 22 Jul 2020, 07:04

I've got the Alienware AW2521HF and have noticed this also! So "happy" I've found other people with this issue. At least now I know it's monitor related rather than GPU or something else.

I've also got my monitor running at 240Hz and G-Sync enabled. It happens when using two programs:

- Steam (in download screen) which has actually stopped occurring for the moment
    - Windows Terminal, which is basically just a black box

With both if I minimise the program and do something else, the bars slowly begin to disappear.

I contacted Dell support and they recommended sending the monitor back, however it's obviously something else that is wrong here.