IPS 240hz -> Acer Predator XB253QGXbmiiprzx ??

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!

forii

Re: IPS 240hz -> Acer Predator XB253QGXbmiiprzx ??

Post by forii » 19 Apr 2020, 17:53

Normal mode should be perfect.

Here is my motion blur test if you want to compare, make sure to be same fast as the ufo's speed and use focus in your camera on the ufo.

Asus VG25QM - Motion Clarity/Blur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLjBVT5 ... e=youtu.be

As you can see for now, of course in my opinion, the asus seems better to your acer at overdrive off, but... that is what is overdrive, im pretty sure normal overdrive on that acer might be similar to the asus, even maybe better :O will see

Edit.
Ok I see your normal mode:
vlkfree wrote:
19 Apr 2020, 17:45
OverDrive = Normal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHRGegI_pis
Its pretty decent, but in this case only a little bit worse to the asus (unless its quality of the video and you didn't focus much on the ufo's with your camera, so they might look even the same or more similar), if you want you can buy the asus and compare it by yourself ( you have 14 days for free return anyway, I bought already 4x monitors xd), remember there is no perfect monitor, for example, the asus doesnt have great shadow boost, its not always about only motion blur.

If you want you can wait and I will tell you if motion clarity /blur is same on VG279QM, as I remember you want more 24-25 inch for 1080p. In 2 days i will have 27 inch version.

Testing monitors in pain in the ass, i spend on this 2 weeks, when normal person would just buy the monitor and have fun with that, and look at me- looking for every issue and cons instead of just get used to this, but yea I will just test it for the last time vs the 27 inch and then probably keep the 25 inch version.

I wanted to get the MSI but I dont know how is the motion clarity of that, because there is one guy who is hidding this information. Dunno why.
Last edited by forii on 19 Apr 2020, 18:06, edited 1 time in total.

vlkfree

Post by vlkfree » 19 Apr 2020, 18:05

Ok thanks !

First one : Gsync on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlQa5DUFIBk

Second one : Gsync off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od4LeDvxesU

Both : OD normal

edit : yes i only want this size
because i will buy an oled 65" for other games, and i have already a 27" 1440p TN monitor

maybe my quality is bad you can't see really ? my videos are not in HD :(

forii

Post by forii » 19 Apr 2020, 18:15

vlkfree wrote:
19 Apr 2020, 18:05
Ok thanks !

First one : Gsync on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlQa5DUFIBk

Second one : Gsync off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od4LeDvxesU

Both : OD normal

edit : yes i only want this size
because i will buy an oled 65" for other games, and i have already a 27" 1440p TN monitor

maybe my quality is bad you can't see really ? my videos are not in HD :(
Im not sure but you will not see difference in g sync on vs off at 240hz in ufo tests.

You can see difference only if the fps drops, test it in games having fun.

Btw your quality of the second video with g sync off is better and it looks like that g sync off is better in that case, im not sure that it can be true but now this video looks almost the same like video of my asus I uploaded (dont look at the colors, I have very low brightnness because its almost 2:00 Am here)

So its all about the quality of the video, that means the acer has almost the same motion blur like asus, would be good to know how is the response time, but I dont know how to meassure this. I dont even know if the VG259QM has same (4~ms g2g) like VG279QM on tests at tfr central xD

vlkfree

Post by vlkfree » 19 Apr 2020, 18:26

i took this 30s ago

i don't know what i'll should do
if Asus will be in restock i will buy it for test

my real question is, if with my Acer i will play like the better TN (for valorant game and CS GO)

forii

Post by forii » 19 Apr 2020, 18:41

vlkfree wrote:
19 Apr 2020, 18:26

my real question is, if with my Acer i will play like the better TN (for valorant game and CS GO)
Im not sure what do you mean, but I think you wonder if the IPS will be same good as TN panel.

When it comes to the speed as we now see the new IPS 240hz Panels can be even same fast as TN panels, the better colors might help to see better but sometimes not. The low input lag is good to have, but don't ask me how you can meassure this, anyway as I said before you shouldn't be worry about that because its very new monitor (the acer).

For sure you might play best due to 240Hz, which is best vs 144hz, because you might see the enemy slighty faster peeking by the wall.

There is no answer if 240Hz TN is better than 240Hz IPS. Thats the true. Because while TN panel still have the best motion clarity but it lacks of colors and even in input lag in some scenario.

I would definitly keep 240Hz IPS as a main monitor, but if I could have two I would keep IPS for main and TN for games. But because I can't have two of monitors I will stay with 240Hz IPS, as a universal one. I will never back to 144hz thought. Also 280Hz of the asus has better motion clarity.

Also remember that monitor isn't skill, there is muscle memory in your hand connected with your mouse sensitivity (that is why its important to don't change your sensitivity all the time)

Wish you luck in that game, have fun with this Acer, imo that looks great, even with that simply test of ghosting, but for me thats all I want to know of any monitor - the clarity of the enemy flying from the hidden wall so I can easy see this and hit him right in the head. (in this case TN panel are better but I believe you can get used to that or just use motion blur reduction if your acer have any, my asus got elmb thought, but even thougt its not as perfect as it could be and you need 200+ fps, so maybe in your game it would be fine, but not in my CoD MW. So for better motion clarity I would choose 280Hz, even if its slower, but you will not see difference anyway imo.

Remember Im not expert, there are plenty ppl who are experts here only.

vlkfree

Post by vlkfree » 19 Apr 2020, 18:48

ok thanks a lot !

b3ka

Post by b3ka » 20 Apr 2020, 01:58

Thanks guys for the pictures of ufotest, I'm still debating what to choose, did any of you have experience with zowie xl2546? It's a bit older panel but is highly praised for its motion clarity.

Wondering if it still that good comparing it to the IPS 240/280hz panels that you have, because on the pictures you showed i see a bit of a problem with sharpness, while no ghosting at all.

b3ka

Post by b3ka » 20 Apr 2020, 06:06

What I meant (sorry sometimes I get nomenclature of the issues mixed up) about sharpness, when I had BenQ ZOWIE XL2746S for a day the ghosting test with DyAc+ and AMA Premium caused noticable ghosting by the ufo itself was insanely sharp, to the point where you could see the eyes of ufo dude.

So far I see it's exactly opposite with these 240Hz IPS - you see no trailing/ghosting but clarity of the ufo itself is not as good as TN, much more blurry.

Anyone can share their opinions? I have just put an order for VG259QM to see myself.