IPS 240hz -> Acer Predator XB253QGXbmiiprzx ??

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
RLCSContender*

Re: IPS 240hz -> Acer Predator XB253QGXbmiiprzx ??

Post by RLCSContender* » 15 May 2020, 00:45

jiexiong2008 wrote:
14 May 2020, 21:31
Hey guys. I am considering this vs other 240Hz ips alternatives. I only play league of legends (moba) competitively.
What is the response time and input lag for this monitor? I am currently using HP omen X 25f and it has ~2 to 3 ms from rting.com testing. Will there be huge difference if I transfer to new 240Hz ips monitors including this acer one?
The predator is the only IPS240hz monitor that i've never tested. I will definitely test the acer predator(they ALL have the same exact panel, same with the nitro, except i heard that the predator has different OD tuning despite only having 3 overdrives. My prediction.. .Extreme is utterly useless with massive overshoot, "normal" overdrive has 0% overshoot but it wont' be as quick as the MSI. Then again, variable overdrive adds another different equation, if variable OD can improve the response time on the acer predator's "normal" overdrive setting, it can technically be as quick as the MSI or Alienware when it comes to g2g pixel response times.

i will be testing the acer predator xb273 x(the panel is the exact SAME the xb253q gx and the acer nitro xv273 x) and the TN acer predator XN253q version too(except the TN uses TN technology and not IPS technology)

My new digital oscilloscope and extra sensitive Photodiode just arrived. I'm just waiting for the predator to get delivered to me this sunday(LITERALLY nobody owns this monitor, it's the only 240hz IPS g-sync FYI but has VRR HDMI as a g-sync monitor which is a first). I will do a 100% FULL comparison(except the color accuracy) but when it comes to input lag and g2g response times, i am able to measure easily. between the 240hz IPS predator vs the 240 hz IPS MSI with real data.

That will wrap up the 240hz IPS testing for me. The 240hz IPS acer predator will be my final review up until: 360hz TN, Lenovo Legion, and the First ever 240hz 1440p IPS monitor Eve Spectrum.
Last edited by RLCScontender on 15 May 2020, 01:19, edited 1 time in total.

RLCSContender*

Post by RLCSContender* » 15 May 2020, 01:02

good news, the TN Acer predator XN253q version has less motion blur than the MSI MAG251rx. I'm guessing the TN version of the predator(despite ALL having the same exact panel; however, this uses TN technology and not IPS, so i'm guessing the IPS g-sync version is a tad slower than the TN g-sync version.

from what i hear, the 240hz IPS Acer predator ULMB only goes up to 144hz and 120hz. Whereas the MSi can strobe at 240hz (i've tried it from my perspective, it can easily be used in a competitive manner)

ItwasLuck

Post by ItwasLuck » 20 May 2020, 04:07

Lot of misinformation being spread. I'll be receiving the Acer Predator XB253Q GX today and will do tests of my own.

Someone mentioned that the Acer Nitro XV253QX is the same panel just a 27" version. If that is true then if you check RTINGS review on the panel, it has one of the lowest response times and input lag of all the monitors they tested. It also has the lowest input lag when using Black Frame Insertion.

It wasn't clear to me if the Predator version also has ULMB but if it does, I'm 90% sure that it should perform just as well if not slightly better/worse. I will spend the next couple days testing out the monitor for everything gaming related including IPS glow and gray uniformity.

The BFI on the Predator is limited to 120HZ but while the MSI CAN run it at 240HZ, there is too much crosstalk to actual be usable. I'll be 100% fine with 120Hz ULMB as long as it is as good or almost as good as the Viewsonic VG270.

ItwasLuck

Post by ItwasLuck » 20 May 2020, 04:32

forii wrote:
19 Apr 2020, 17:13
I feel sorry for you because no one answer to you. Its hard to meassure the input lag by self without anny good tools for that but.. If I were you:

First of all, just test it throught ufo test (max Hz - no overlock)

https://www.testufo.com/ghosting

And see how do you like the ghosting and the motion clarity of the ufo's.

You can record it with your phone or any camera and just synchronize the same movement of your camera to the white lines. (so you follow the ufo's with your phone with same speed)

Then you can upload your video on the youtube.

I have the Asus VG259QM, I ordered today the VG279QM, just to see how is the difference between these 2, except the size. It should be in 2 days at my home, If VG279QM will be same as VG259QM i will keep the smaller one, because 1080p on 25 inch is much sharper.

It would be nice to see how is your acer compare to my Asus.

For me whats most important in any monitor is:
-motion clarity, how clear is the moving object (you can see that throught ufo test -> ghosting)
crosstalk -https://blurbusters.com/faq/advanced-st ... stalk-faq/
-ghostig (because it can distract me) (same as before)
- the override is good to test if its stable at different FPS = HZ.
-input lag is good to know, however I believe all new monitor have pretty decent input lag so you don't need to test it (I assume you run at full Hz) - same thing with response time, you can't know the difference anyway, I was playing on 144h TN with high response time 5-6ms and I was owning everyone and always be top1.
-colors and I mean by that white, black and other colors, up to you. - for me asus has good colors, maybe not great but man, its still best than ANY tn panel
-I also like to know if the monitor has very good shadow boost (some games are darky and its good to have nice shadow boost for that)
-Sharpning is nice feature
and probably most important but not so much, based how much you like it - the ELMB, or any form of motion blur reduction.

Ah, and almost forgot, turn off all lights in the room and make a picture of black desktop (no start bar etc) so you can see if there is any ips glow, etc. - it should be all black, maybe except some ips glow, because its IPS panel. Same with dead pixel

But Im not an expert, I just started to test all monitors compare to my VG259QM, the only thing I don't dislike because its IPS is the motion clarity, as you know only TN panel can have very good motion clarity, lacking of colors in that case. Ips will get fast enough to run close to TN but will see how will be the motion blur of 240hz ips vs 240hz tn
Glad to see someone helping out in the forums. I'm new here as well. I'll be receiving the monitor today and will be doing extensive tests on it. If the monitor is anything like the Acer Nitro XV253, I'll be keeping it no doubt. I'm just worried about the implementation of black frame insertion as it is not a genuine G-Sync monitor like the 27" version.

vlkfree

Post by vlkfree » 22 May 2020, 16:24

i can't do more tests for you guys, i refunded my acer
and i don't have all the time i want to play

be sure, it's a very good monitor for competitve games !

it's not the better, i can't say which the real difference between the best TN monitor and this IPS monitor in game...
but i can tell you, when i played with him, i was good at valorant and other games like before

in France, it's the cheaper fast ips monitor... i think it's a very good product the better for his price/quality

ItwasLuck

Post by ItwasLuck » 26 May 2020, 02:02

If anyone has questions about the XB253Q GX, feel free to ask. I am keeping the panel that I received.

STOPchris

Post by STOPchris » 27 May 2020, 22:52

ItwasLuck wrote:
26 May 2020, 02:02
If anyone has questions about the XB253Q GX, feel free to ask. I am keeping the panel that I received.
Quality control is good. I just got mine and it has minimal backlight bleed and no pixel issues. Tested it for blur and there are barely, and I mean BARELY, any artifacts while running the ufo tests. Input lag is really low. I am really sensitive to input lag. Colors look good, but I haven't calibrated it yet. Out of the box, you have to turn off the extra sharpening setting and the enhanced black area setting (it's on 5 by default and makes it look washed out). This might end up looking better than my PG279Q, with a lower pixel density of course.

EDIT: I really want to emphasize the quality control here. Most of my monitors in the past came from Asus and I almost ALWAYS have to send at least one back, because of quality control issues, before getting an "acceptable" one. This monitor came, the first time, with no issues so far. I did a good pass on a white and black screen for pixel issues. I looked it over in a black room for back light bleed. These issues and input lag are my biggest pet peeves with monitors and so far this one gets an A+ in all three categories.

ballzley

Post by ballzley » 27 May 2020, 23:43

How's it look at 240hz? With adaptive sync at 100hz? With motion blur reduction enabled at 100hz? I was actually looking at this monitor the other day for a FreeSync FPS build... can't seem to find if it has FreeSync or motion blur support however.

wacamoxd

Post by wacamoxd » 28 May 2020, 05:07

ItwasLuck wrote:
Can the monitor active VRB mode on 240hz ?

1punkebiss

Post by 1punkebiss » 28 May 2020, 07:22

ItwasLuck wrote:
Hello

Do u know about the input lag ? In my country the AG251FZ2 have lowest price and 23ms (absolute input lag).
I just want to play CS:GO competitive, dont realy care about IPS panels, just want the fastest.