IPS 240hz -> Acer Predator XB253QGXbmiiprzx ??

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Bowflex

Re: IPS 240hz -> Acer Predator XB253QGXbmiiprzx ??

Post by Bowflex » 22 Jul 2020, 16:29

eddybrown wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 07:04
I've got the Alienware AW2521HF and have noticed this also! So "happy" I've found other people with this issue. At least now I know it's monitor related rather than GPU or something else.

I've also got my monitor running at 240Hz and G-Sync enabled. It happens when using two programs:

- Steam (in download screen) which has actually stopped occurring for the moment
- Windows Terminal, which is basically just a black box

With both if I minimise the program and do something else, the bars slowly begin to disappear.

I contacted Dell support and they recommended sending the monitor back, however it's obviously something else that is wrong here.
I'm on my fourth AW2521HF and all have exhibited this. It sounds this issue is endemic to all 240hz IPS monitors using this AU Optronics panel. I don't think sending it back for an exchange or repair will change anything.

Ironically, this website tends to trigger it the most, though it's still fairly intermittent and difficult to reproduce. What's weird is that when a website triggers the vertical bars, scrolling will make them disappear, but scrolling back to that original position will bring them back.

ItwasLuck

Post by ItwasLuck » 22 Jul 2020, 22:53

STOPchris wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 22:34
ItwasLuck wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 17:13
filipeazev wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 09:39
ItwasLuck wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 14:15
The Acer Predator XB3 line of monitors have pretty good Q/C. So far I've heard of 5 people who had great experience with their monitor. Not a single case yet of anyone having issues.
Unfortunately, I have an issue with my 253Q GX. When I'm on Reddit (dark theme) or any site with a predominantly dark background, vertical lines and ghost(persistent) images appear. It sucks because other than that I'm really enjoying this monitor.

Image its
That is odd, I would get a replacement for sure. I have no such issues at all. In fact I just did my second calibration for the monitor and I am getting these results!

2ndcalibration1hr (2).png
Mine did it today. It went away after a few minutes.
Mine is still running flawlessly. That's really odd, IMO panel variance is still a thing no matter what IPS monitor you get.

ItwasLuck

Post by ItwasLuck » 22 Jul 2020, 22:54

Bowflex wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 16:29
eddybrown wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 07:04
I've got the Alienware AW2521HF and have noticed this also! So "happy" I've found other people with this issue. At least now I know it's monitor related rather than GPU or something else.

I've also got my monitor running at 240Hz and G-Sync enabled. It happens when using two programs:

- Steam (in download screen) which has actually stopped occurring for the moment
- Windows Terminal, which is basically just a black box

With both if I minimise the program and do something else, the bars slowly begin to disappear.

I contacted Dell support and they recommended sending the monitor back, however it's obviously something else that is wrong here.
I'm on my fourth AW2521HF and all have exhibited this. It sounds this issue is endemic to all 240hz IPS monitors using this AU Optronics panel. I don't think sending it back for an exchange or repair will change anything.

Ironically, this website tends to trigger it the most, though it's still fairly intermittent and difficult to reproduce. What's weird is that when a website triggers the vertical bars, scrolling will make them disappear, but scrolling back to that original position will bring them back.
I am on my FIRST XB253Q GX and it is running flawlessly, I can attest to another 5 monitors (owned by people who were recommended this monitor by me personally) working perfectly normal as well.

ItwasLuck

Post by ItwasLuck » 22 Jul 2020, 22:56

k0ns wrote:
20 Jul 2020, 08:26
    Hello guys, the acer nitro VG252QX is too an ips 240hz.
    It has the same panel (?) but support vrb at 240hz.
    So wierd the acer marketing, the xv, the xb and now the vg..l whats the difference? Location?

So many questions:
    How do i find the perfect color settings without using special tools?
    What settings should i apply and/or turn off, lets say its the same panel as the xb253 (im not 100% sure but it looks the same without the predator and the stand is cheap and it has no usb hub)
    Any tips reducing the input lag? Is the response time that bad? Is it really 1ms or 4ms native?
    Whats more important, input lag or response time?
    There are no reviews on it so lets just say its the xb253 for all these questions. Is the Asus Vg25... way better? I mena in the rtings review it had everything..

EDIT:
    It support vbr at 120hz max, i have it rn
    I have heard a lot about this VG253QX model a lot lately on reddit. If you are able to run VRB at 120HZ max, it seems like it is the same monitor as the XB253Q GX. Can you check and see if your monitor has a Ultra Low Latency Mode?

k0ns

Post by k0ns » 23 Jul 2020, 05:09

ItwasLuck wrote:
    22 Jul 2020, 22:56
    k0ns wrote:
    20 Jul 2020, 08:26
      Hello guys, the acer nitro VG252QX is too an ips 240hz.
      It has the same panel (?) but support vrb at 240hz.
      So wierd the acer marketing, the xv, the xb and now the vg..l whats the difference? Location?

So many questions:
      How do i find the perfect color settings without using special tools?
      What settings should i apply and/or turn off, lets say its the same panel as the xb253 (im not 100% sure but it looks the same without the predator and the stand is cheap and it has no usb hub)
      Any tips reducing the input lag? Is the response time that bad? Is it really 1ms or 4ms native?
      Whats more important, input lag or response time?
      There are no reviews on it so lets just say its the xb253 for all these questions. Is the Asus Vg25... way better? I mena in the rtings review it had everything..

EDIT:
      It support vbr at 120hz max, i have it rn
      I have heard a lot about this VG253QX model a lot lately on reddit. If you are able to run VRB at 120HZ max, it seems like it is the same monitor as the XB253Q GX. Can you check and see if your monitor has a Ultra Low Latency Mode?
      yes it has ultra latency mode, but no gsync, the xb has gsync and ulmb i trhink

RLCSContender*

Post by RLCSContender* » 23 Jul 2020, 13:14

wow, i do apologize for getting the wrong G2G results. 3.2ms grey to grey average, not 4.4

the predator xb253q Gx is one of the fastest IPS monitors.

This is based off a retest because i've tested monitors when they were NOT at their most optimal temperatures

This monitor is a high recommendation

welp, i'm just happy that I blur busted the samsung odyssey G7

STOPchris

Post by STOPchris » 23 Jul 2020, 20:56

ItwasLuck wrote:
      22 Jul 2020, 22:53
      STOPchris wrote:
      05 Jul 2020, 22:34
      ItwasLuck wrote:
      22 Jun 2020, 17:13
      filipeazev wrote:
      09 Jun 2020, 09:39

Unfortunately, I have an issue with my 253Q GX. When I'm on Reddit (dark theme) or any site with a predominantly dark background, vertical lines and ghost(persistent) images appear. It sucks because other than that I'm really enjoying this monitor.

Image its
      That is odd, I would get a replacement for sure. I have no such issues at all. In fact I just did my second calibration for the monitor and I am getting these results!

2ndcalibration1hr (2).png
      Mine did it today. It went away after a few minutes.
      Mine is still running flawlessly. That's really odd, IMO panel variance is still a thing no matter what IPS monitor you get.
      Pretty sure it can happen to all of them. It seems pretty rare though, I only triggered the issue once so far.

Chief Blur Buster
      Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Jul 2020, 17:51

This is based off a retest because i've tested monitors when they were NOT at their most optimal temperatures
      Correct, GtG is very temperature sensitive on many panels. Especially VA.

Most review websites don't realize that GtG varies a massive amount.

Just like forgetting a wirstwatch or smartphone in the car in the middle of winter (LCD goes slow), monitors really go slow when cold/cooled down.

That's why I tell esports player to warm up monitors for 30min to 1 hour before any esports match, for fastest GtG performance.

That's why I tell reviewers to test GtG only after warmup.

Also, GtG speeds can vary at different refresh rates too, sometimes the goldilocks GtG is a few Hz below maximum on certain models (The ViewSonic XG270 has faster GtG without overshoot at 224Hz than 240Hz or 60Hz for example). So tuning Hz on monitor also has effects on GtG too.
      Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
        2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
        3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Bend3r

Post by Bend3r » 24 Jul 2020, 23:31

Is possible the XB253GX with a new firmware version allow VBR work at 240hz ? Or it's a panel component/hardware limitation ?

STOPchris

Post by STOPchris » 03 Aug 2020, 21:27

Bend3r wrote:
      24 Jul 2020, 23:31
      Is possible the XB253GX with a new firmware version allow VBR work at 240hz ? Or it's a panel component/hardware limitation ?
      I've never seen any manufacturer do this. Not sure if it has happened, but I've never seen it. Maybe a revision could have it.