No input from monitor

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
wogofezo

No input from monitor

Post by wogofezo » 13 Apr 2020, 21:27

Hi everyone,

My monitor has no input when connecting to a newly installed gpu
I recently bought a XFX Force Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX to replace a broken gpu (MSI Radeon R9 380 R9 380 - died from gaming, stopped working suddenly and didn't read an input as installed anymore)
I tried installing it to the motherboard, Intel Core i5-4590 Haswell Quad-Core 3.3 GHz with no success.
Running with a 520w psu
The monitor (HP 2011x) does not read a signal (from the dvi to hdmi cable, connected directly to the gpu)
The 6 pin is hooked up, and the lights for the GPU turn on, but no input from the monitor.
8pin from the power supply to CPU is plugged in, fans spin, etc.
I've read on other forums to remove previous drivers (didn't get DDU to work, but did an uninstall thru the control panel) - didn't work
I've also turned off the integrated graphics from the BIOS screen, which now won't even load any input to the monitor at all when plugged to the motherboard hdmi port. (I've tried to reset this with the CMOS battery thing, but no success either)

Any suggestions?
Thanks