05/22/2020 UPDATE. The IPS 240hz monitor tier list.(I've measured/tried the all) and my honest explanation why.

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
ItwasLuck

Re: 05/22/2020 UPDATE. The IPS 240hz monitor tier list.(I've measured/tried the all) and my honest explanation why.

Post by ItwasLuck » 23 Jun 2020, 14:32

kofman13 wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 10:11
So the three games i play everyday i run at 240fps, 140 fps, and 120fps, respectively. if im going to be jumping around those frame rates every day and want the best most consistent experience across the board without any hassle and headache and tweaking settings, should i lean towards acer XB273 X with g sync? or go for MSI MAG251 or VG259QM
I would get the Acer XB273X or the XB253Q GX depending on what monitor size you are looking for. Everyone loves to talk about peak performance but at the end of the day, if you can't run those FPS consistently, then it's worthless.

For perspective, I have the Acer XB253Q GX and I mainly play Escape From Tarkov capped at 120HZ with VRB ON(Strobing).

When using motion blur reduction, you don't want to strobe at the max refresh rate of the monitor. This is why Zowie XL2540 owners strobe at 185HZ vs 240HZ.

The XB253Q GX strobes only at 120HZ but it has by far the best motion blur reduction with ZERO perceivable cross talk (in my eyes at least). The OD settings are mild so you won't be dealing with overshoot or inverse ghosting. (This is something the ASUS will suffer from at sub-200HZ)

Now if you are not strobing, I would still get the Acer simply because it has the lowest input lag at those respective frame rates.

You might look at the RTINGS review of the ASUS and see that the input lag is less but that is at its native refresh rate of 280HZ! Once you start to think realistically, "OH my games primarily run at 240, 140, and 120HZ. Which monitor would give me the best performance throughout the range?"

The answer would be the Acer because of it's non-existent input lag.

Just think how horrible the ASUS does at 60HZ (which is an extreme case but it shows how at a lower refresh rate, the input lag differences become dramatic)

According to RTINGS,
--------------------------------- ASUS VG279QM vs Acer Nitro XV273X---------------------------------
Native Resolution @ 60Hz 35.1 ms 11.4 ms
Variable Refresh Rate @ 60Hz 40.4 ms 12.5 ms

That is a difference of almost 28ms if you are using G-SYNC. But that is of course at 60HZ, what would the numbers look like at 120HZ?

I'll be generous and assume it's half as much (so this is best case scenario).
What numbers would we be looking at then?

Extrapolated Data
--------------------------------- ASUS VG279QM vs Acer Nitro XV273X---------------------------------
Native Resolution @ 120Hz 17.5 ms 5.7 ms
Variable Refresh Rate @ 120Hz 20.2 ms 6.25 ms

Even at 120HZ, we see that the ASUS is anywhere from 11.8ms to 13.9ms SLOWER than the Acer. For gaming, input lag is of utmost importance, and if the ASUS is 10ms slower that is something you can FEEL.

As much as I love the traditional ELMB of the ASUS at 240-280HZ, it's just not a monitor worth having if I am playing games other than CSGO/LoL. For ANY other use case, the Acer is just better and there's no arguing about that anymore now that we have RTINGS review of the VG279QM.

It has been well established on this thread (with evidence) that the Acer Nitro XV273X and the Acer Predator XB3 line have the lowest input lag out of all the new Fast IPS monitors. If you want the competitive edge in most games, the Acers are hands down the best IMO.

ItwasLuck

Re: 05/22/2020 UPDATE. The IPS 240hz monitor tier list.(I've measured/tried the all) and my honest explanation why.

Post by ItwasLuck » 23 Jun 2020, 14:42

kofman13 wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 14:10
I am so close to getting Acer Predator XB273 Xbmiprzx which you are talking about. seems like it will be great for my multiple FPS range games, some 240, some 144 etc. what do you mean "Acer would unlock the refresh rate for VRB." doesnt it have g sync that can work from 45-240fps?" Also Mag251X "best peak performance" do you mean it only is the best when maxed out 240? (not below fluctuating)
The Acer Predator XB273 and XB253Q GX are the best for the majority of games.

What I was referring to with the Acer was, VRB only works at 120HZ with the XB253Q GX only. With the XB273, you shouldn't have that issue, I believe it works perfectly fine at 120, 144, and 240HZ with VRB (Strobing).

The XB253Q GX is G-SYNC compatible and works from 45-240 FPS no problem. The XB273 is even better since it has a native G-SYNC module. Variable SYNC works flawlessly, you shouldn't think twice about this.

When I was referring to the MSI MAG251RX as having the best peak performance, it has the best response time out of all these monitors thanks to it's finely tuned overdrive settings. And yes, that peak performance means that at 240HZ, it will perform the best (if you are not strobing).

Otherwise, the Acers are definitely the best to go with if you are playing a variety of games and not JUST CSGO/LoL. Input lag is so important for games, everyone loves to talk about response time and higher refresh rates. But at the end of the day, if you want to play ANY game and have a competitive edge, the Acer IMO is the only option ATM (MSI is a good option too).

axaro1

Post by axaro1 » 23 Jun 2020, 14:45

ItwasLuck wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 13:56

I'm sorry but the Acer Nitro XV273X is still better at 240HZ or less. The only reason the VG279QM was able to perform as good as it does, is due to it being run at 280HZ. Running at anything under 240HZ will give the edge to the Acers.
Personally I run at 120HZ and the input lag on this Acer is non-existent.

1.7 vs 2.7 (280HZ vs 240HZ)
1.8 vs 3.1 Same as Above
4.9 vs 12.2 <-- This is due to the Nitro being stuck at 60HZ HDR
1.7 vs 4.9 <-- Again this is because strobing can go up to 280HZ

Now look at these numbers:
Native Resolution @ 60Hz 11.4 ms vs 35.1 ms
Variable Refresh Rate @ 60Hz 12.5 ms vs 40.4 ms

I'm sorry but that is UNACCEPTABLE. If you think this is limited to 60HZ, think again. At 120-165HZ, this difference in input lag is as large as 10ms. SO if you are using G-SYNC in the 100-200HZ range, the Acer will outperform the ASUS DRASTICALLY. And this is in terms of input lag and motion clarity, unfortunately, the ASUS having a locked OD when using ELMB SYNC means you cannot even use the top feature of the monitor if you drop below 200HZ.

Regardless, if you are primarily GAMING, the Acer will give you the lowest input lag. IF you are primarily playing games like CSGO however, the ASUS would be the best option. But in the other 90% of cases, the Acer is the best option.

There is a reason why on this thread, we have all agreed (with evidence) that the Acer Nitro and Predator XB3 line of monitors have the lowest input lag out of any monitor.

If RTings were to review the Acer XB253Q GX, that would be ranked #1 for sure.
Keep in mind, with the ASUS you are stuck at having to run your games at 200HZ+. IF you drop below 200, the fixed OD setting causes too much overshoot.
I wish ASUS would unlock the OD when using ELMB and I also wish Acer would unlock the refresh rate for VRB.

None of these monitors are perfect, they all have their roles.

MSI MAG251RX - Best Peak Performance
ASUS VG259QM - Highest Refresh Rate, OD locked when strobing
Acer XB253Q GX - Lowest Input Lag, OD is not locked when strobing
Input Lag Native Resolution : 1.7ms
Click on the "?"
What it is: Lowest input lag possible at the center of the screen, when the monitor is displaying its native resolution at its native refresh rate.

Rtings states that 240hz is Native Refresh Rate
You can subtract 0.59 from 1.7ms if you want to speculate on 280hz input lag considering that the refresh window at 240hz is 0.59ms slower than at 280.

Same for VRR which is used at the native resolution aka 48-240hz range.

BFI on the Acer has 3x more input lag than on the Asus, the strobe duration at 280hz is 1.1ms and 1.3ms at 240hz according to the Aperture Grille review, so you can change it to 1.9 if you like it, anyway it's still 2.5x more input lag.

+40hz don't magically make input lag so much better, Asus' tuning is simply superior than on the XV273X.

When you say "Regardless, if you are primarily GAMING, the Acer will give you the lowest input lag." you are completely wrong, the Asus is clearly better at both 280hz and 240hz, I don't get how you can deny empirical evidence

Feel free to compare the 60hz experience, which is the only aspect where the XV273X can beat the VG279QM, there's only a limited amount of people who buy a 240hz monitor and pair it with a console.

The XB273X is a completely different topic due to the g-sync module, that's why I'm comparing two very similar monitors with no module and probably using the exact same panel.
ItwasLuck wrote:
Extrapolated Data
Native Resolution @ 120Hz 17.5 ms 5.7 ms
Variable Refresh Rate @ 120Hz 20.2 ms 6.25 ms
Oh God please tell me that you didn't just split the input lag at 60hz in half and called it "extrapolated data".

TIL the Asus has 17.5ms input lag at 120hz.

According to your logic the Asus has 8.75ms input lag at 240hz.

Monitors don't work like this stop embarassing yourself, let the reviewers do their job and trust people who know about monitors more than you and more than me.

Chief please lock this thread it is a misinformation fiesta
Last edited by axaro1 on 23 Jun 2020, 14:51, edited 2 times in total.
XL2566K* | XV252QF* | LG C1* | HP OMEN X 25 | XL2546K | VG259QM | XG2402 | LS24F350[RIP]
*= currently owned

MONITOR: XL2566K custom VT: https://i.imgur.com/ylYkuLf.png
CPU: 5800x3d 102mhz BCLK
GPU: 3080FE undervolted
RAM: https://i.imgur.com/iwmraZB.png
MOUSE: Endgame Gear OP1 8k
KEYBOARD: Wooting 60he

ItwasLuck

Post by ItwasLuck » 23 Jun 2020, 14:48

RLCScontender wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 17:53
gentlemen, i realize that the bigger review companies is finally doing their OWN reviews that of the monitors i've already tested. Again, it shouldn't be compared to MINE because i use 10-90% to determine pixel response times and i play by the RULES of how to measure rise times based off my engineering background.

Feel free to believe what you want to believe. Keep in mind, not naming any names but this is the same review site that thinks the Asus VG27aq is the best IPS monitor, and the POORLY tuned xv273x(the slowest 240hz IPS monitor) is the BEST 240hz IPS monitor. I'm guessing their criteria is based off OVERALL USE(they factor in contrast ratios and other irrelevant reasons of why the target demograhpic buy these panels).

For me, i only factor in two things. INPUT LAG and response times. My background in engineering overlap of how to measure these when it comes monitors. Again, believe what you want to believe. Btw, if ANY review site DEVIATES so much from my measurements, feel free to message me and i will do a live demonstration, NO BS, no NON_SENSE.
Agreed 100%. This is why I went with the Acer XB253Q GX. If you could, could you please do a comparison of input lag @120HZ? I see everyone talking about how low the input lag is on the RTINGS review of the ASUS VG279QM but that is at 280HZ!

For the majority of games, I believe 120-144 FPS can be maintained consistently at 1080P. It would be really beneficial to everyone if we can see the input lags table done at 120HZ.

At least a comparison between the MSI MAG251RX, ASUS VG259QM/279QM, and the Acer XB273/XB253Q GX should suffice.

ItwasLuck

Post by ItwasLuck » 23 Jun 2020, 15:03

axaro1 wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 14:45
ItwasLuck wrote:

I'm sorry but the Acer Nitro XV273X is still better at 240HZ or less. The only reason the VG279QM was able to perform as good as it does, is due to it being run at 280HZ. Running at anything under 240HZ will give the edge to the Acers.
Personally I run at 120HZ and the input lag on this Acer is non-existent.

1.7 vs 2.7 (280HZ vs 240HZ)
1.8 vs 3.1 Same as Above
4.9 vs 12.2 <-- This is due to the Nitro being stuck at 60HZ HDR
1.7 vs 4.9 <-- Again this is because strobing can go up to 280HZ

Now look at these numbers:
Native Resolution @ 60Hz 11.4 ms vs 35.1 ms
Variable Refresh Rate @ 60Hz 12.5 ms vs 40.4 ms

I'm sorry but that is UNACCEPTABLE. If you think this is limited to 60HZ, think again. At 120-165HZ, this difference in input lag is as large as 10ms. SO if you are using G-SYNC in the 100-200HZ range, the Acer will outperform the ASUS DRASTICALLY. And this is in terms of input lag and motion clarity, unfortunately, the ASUS having a locked OD when using ELMB SYNC means you cannot even use the top feature of the monitor if you drop below 200HZ.

Regardless, if you are primarily GAMING, the Acer will give you the lowest input lag. IF you are primarily playing games like CSGO however, the ASUS would be the best option. But in the other 90% of cases, the Acer is the best option.

There is a reason why on this thread, we have all agreed (with evidence) that the Acer Nitro and Predator XB3 line of monitors have the lowest input lag out of any monitor.

If RTings were to review the Acer XB253Q GX, that would be ranked #1 for sure.
Keep in mind, with the ASUS you are stuck at having to run your games at 200HZ+. IF you drop below 200, the fixed OD setting causes too much overshoot.
I wish ASUS would unlock the OD when using ELMB and I also wish Acer would unlock the refresh rate for VRB.

None of these monitors are perfect, they all have their roles.

MSI MAG251RX - Best Peak Performance
ASUS VG259QM - Highest Refresh Rate, OD locked when strobing
Acer XB253Q GX - Lowest Input Lag, OD is not locked when strobing
Input Lag Native Resolution : 1.7ms
Click on the "?"
What it is: Lowest input lag possible at the center of the screen, when the monitor is displaying its native resolution at its native refresh rate.

Rtings states that 240hz is Native Refresh Rate
You can subtract 0.59 from 1.7ms if you want to speculate on 280hz input lag considering that the refresh window at 240hz is 0.59ms slower than at 280.

Same for VRR which is used at the native resolution aka 48-240hz range.

BFI on the Acer has 3x more input lag than on the Asus, the strobe duration at 280hz is 1.1ms and 1.3ms at 240hz according to the Aperture Grille review, so you can change it to 1.9 if you like it, anyway it's still 2.5x more input lag.

+40hz don't magically make input lag so much better, Asus' tuning is simply superior than on the XV273X.

When you say "Regardless, if you are primarily GAMING, the Acer will give you the lowest input lag." you are completely wrong, the Asus is clearly better at both 280hz and 240hz, I don't get how you can deny empirical evidence

Feel free to compare the 60hz experience, which is the only aspect where the XV273X can beat the VG279QM, there's only a limited amount of people who buy a 240hz monitor and pair it with a console.

The XB273X is a completely different topic due to the g-sync module, that's why I'm comparing two very similar monitors with no module and probably using the exact same panel.
I am extrapolating data so it will never be 100% accurate. You keep mentioning 60HZ but even at 120HZ, the Acer is better than the ASUS.

Also, you are incorrect, the native resolution of the ASUS is most definitely 280HZ (According to RTINGS). IF what you say is true, then RLCScontender's tests would be inaccurate. And we all know that he has no BIAS towards any company. And why would he?

I'll wait and see if we can get an input lag chart @120HZ from RLCScontender and I am 1000% sure it will prove my point that the Acers have the lowest input lag regardless if you are using BFI or VRR.

We are talking about input lag here, go through this thread, and do some research. The Acers have the LOWEST input lag. That is not something you can dispute. And no, that is not just at 60HZ but at 240HZ as well!

RLCScontender even did an input lag chart @240HZ and guess what the Acers did the best. I hope he agrees and does a chart at 120HZ so there will be no doubt about this any longer (even though there shouldn't be at this point).

Input Lag at Native Resolution & Optimal Refresh Rate (RLCScontender's table)
Acer Nitro XV273X - 1.6ms
Acer Predator XB253Q GX - 1.8ms
Acer Predator XB273 X - 2ms
ASUS VG279QM/VG259QM - 2.4ms

A difference of 0.8ms at their optimal refresh rate. Guess what? At a lower refresh rate, that difference INCREASES quite drastically. If the Acers perform the best at their native refresh rate and at 60HZ, then at ANY refresh rate they will still perform better than the ASUS.

He even did one at 60HZ but this is to prove his findings are accurate.

Input Lag @60HZ Human Benchmark By RLCScontender
Acer Nitro XV273X - 230ms
Acer Predator XB253Q GX - 230ms
Acer Predator XB273 X - 244ms
ASUS VG279QM/VG259QM - 278ms

0.8ms difference at optimal refresh rate and a 48ms difference at 60HZ, so at 120HZ you'd be look at something between 1ms and 48ms. I'd say 24ms is a fair number to settle on but I'll be waiting on RLCScontender to be 100% sure.

What is 100% certain however is that the Acer has the lowest input lag. And that is with "empirical evidence".

axaro1

Post by axaro1 » 23 Jun 2020, 15:35

ItwasLuck wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 15:03
I am extrapolating data so it will never be 100% accurate. You keep mentioning 60HZ but even at 120HZ, the Acer is better than the ASUS.
You are probably not even 5% accurate.
ItwasLuck wrote:
Also, you are incorrect, the native resolution of the ASUS is most definitely 280HZ (According to RTINGS). IF what you say is true, then RLCScontender's tests would be inaccurate. And we all know that he has no BIAS towards any company. And why would he?
I used RTings's own statement on what they consider Native Resolution, it's written in the review :|
ItwasLuck wrote:
I'll wait and see if we can get an input lag chart @120HZ from RLCScontender and I am 1000% sure it will prove my point that the Acers have the lowest input lag regardless if you are using BFI or VRR.

We are talking about input lag here, go through this thread, and do some research. The Acers have the LOWEST input lag. That is not something you can dispute. And no, that is not just at 60HZ but at 240HZ as well!

RLCScontender even did an input lag chart @240HZ and guess what the Acers did the best. I hope he agrees and does a chart at 120HZ so there will be no doubt about this any longer (even though there shouldn't be at this point).

Input Lag at Native Resolution & Optimal Refresh Rate (RLCScontender's table)
Acer Nitro XV273X - 1.6ms
Acer Predator XB253Q GX - 1.8ms
Acer Predator XB273 X - 2ms
ASUS VG279QM/VG259QM - 2.4ms

A difference of 0.8ms at their optimal refresh rate. Guess what? At a lower refresh rate, that difference INCREASES quite drastically. If the Acers perform the best at their native refresh rate and at 60HZ, then at ANY refresh rate they will still perform better than the ASUS.

He even did one at 60HZ but this is to prove his findings are accurate.

Input Lag @60HZ Human Benchmark By RLCScontender
Acer Nitro XV273X - 230ms
Acer Predator XB253Q GX - 230ms
Acer Predator XB273 X - 244ms
ASUS VG279QM/VG259QM - 278ms

0.8ms difference at optimal refresh rate and a 48ms difference at 60HZ, so at 120HZ you'd be look at something between 1ms and 48ms. I'd say 24ms is a fair number to settle on but I'll be waiting on RLCScontender to be 100% sure.

What is 100% certain however is that the Acer has the lowest input lag. And that is with "empirical evidence".
With all the respect to RLCScontender I'd rather trust better sources such as RTings, TFTCentral, HA, pcmonitors and Aperture Grille.

You are even using the RCLScontender's human benchmark aka he sits in front of the monitor and manually clicks when the red turns to green, it's literally a reaction time benchmark made by a person, is this your empirical evidence, is this some kind of joke?

I'm getting an aneurysm trying to understand your logic and your thought process.

let me reiterate, this is a misinformation fiesta
Last edited by axaro1 on 23 Jun 2020, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
XL2566K* | XV252QF* | LG C1* | HP OMEN X 25 | XL2546K | VG259QM | XG2402 | LS24F350[RIP]
*= currently owned

MONITOR: XL2566K custom VT: https://i.imgur.com/ylYkuLf.png
CPU: 5800x3d 102mhz BCLK
GPU: 3080FE undervolted
RAM: https://i.imgur.com/iwmraZB.png
MOUSE: Endgame Gear OP1 8k
KEYBOARD: Wooting 60he

kofman13

Post by kofman13 » 23 Jun 2020, 15:41

ItwasLuck wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 14:42
kofman13 wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 14:10
I am so close to getting Acer Predator XB273 Xbmiprzx which you are talking about. seems like it will be great for my multiple FPS range games, some 240, some 144 etc. what do you mean "Acer would unlock the refresh rate for VRB." doesnt it have g sync that can work from 45-240fps?" Also Mag251X "best peak performance" do you mean it only is the best when maxed out 240? (not below fluctuating)
The Acer Predator XB273 and XB253Q GX are the best for the majority of games.

What I was referring to with the Acer was, VRB only works at 120HZ with the XB253Q GX only. With the XB273, you shouldn't have that issue, I believe it works perfectly fine at 120, 144, and 240HZ with VRB (Strobing).

The XB253Q GX is G-SYNC compatible and works from 45-240 FPS no problem. The XB273 is even better since it has a native G-SYNC module. Variable SYNC works flawlessly, you shouldn't think twice about this.

When I was referring to the MSI MAG251RX as having the best peak performance, it has the best response time out of all these monitors thanks to it's finely tuned overdrive settings. And yes, that peak performance means that at 240HZ, it will perform the best (if you are not strobing).

Otherwise, the Acers are definitely the best to go with if you are playing a variety of games and not JUST CSGO/LoL. Input lag is so important for games, everyone loves to talk about response time and higher refresh rates. But at the end of the day, if you want to play ANY game and have a competitive edge, the Acer IMO is the only option ATM (MSI is a good option too).
ok thank you for clarifying, it was confusing what was difference between the two Acers besides screen size! i want the native g sync module, im gonna think about screen size a bit more and get the XB273 X this week. as it seems like people here all agree its the best for variety of games and refresh rates and can do nice blur reduction at 120hz and 144hz

ItwasLuck

Post by ItwasLuck » 23 Jun 2020, 15:56

axaro1 wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 15:35
With all the respect to RLCScontender I'd rather trust better sources such as RTings, TFTCentral, HA, pcmonitors and Aperture Grille.

You are even using the RCLScontender's human benchmark aka he sits in front of the monitor and manually clicks when the red turns to green, it's literally a reaction time benchmark made by a person, is this your empirical evidence, is this some kind of joke?

I'm getting an aneurysm trying to understand your logic and your thought process.
First off, that human benchmark was at 60HZ. I only added it to show that, yes even with such an inaccurate benchmark, 60HZ input lag isn't up for discussion.

But nor is input lag at 240HZ, you talk about logic and thought process but I am giving you EVIDENCE.

As much as I trust RTINGS and especially Aperture Grille, they simply haven't done the amount of testing that RLCScontender has when it comes to these Fast IPS monitors. He has literally tested all of them. Whereas RTINGS are following up with whichever monitor gets the most votes.

I implore a5hun to do a review of the Acer XB253Q GX and the ASUS VG259QM (because it's better than the VG279QM). Plus they both use the same panel. But until then, I am 100% satisfied with the results of a man with an engineering background WITH the tools to do these tests ACCURATELY.

I love how you skimmed through the main input lag chart @240HZ which was done with an oscilloscope! And you do what? Jump on the fact that I added data from a Human Benchmark done @60HZ. Lol, your ignorance really baffles the mind.

IF you don't want to believe the input lag chart @240HZ, then I honestly don't care anymore. You are just ignorant of the facts that I put up. And instead, you want to discuss the inferior data group which I brought up just to prove my point further.

Hello? Let's talk about the Input Lag Chart @240HZ. Do you have anything to say about that?

ItwasLuck

Post by ItwasLuck » 23 Jun 2020, 16:04

kofman13 wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 15:41
ok thank you for clarifying, it was confusing what was difference between the two Acers besides screen size! i want the native g sync module, im gonna think about screen size a bit more and get the XB273 X this week. as it seems like people here all agree its the best for variety of games and refresh rates and can do nice blur reduction at 120hz and 144hz
No problem! Yes, they use different panels and the 27" has the edge due to the native G-SYNC module. From personal experience with my Acer XB253Q GX, I can say without a doubt you will love the VRB (BFI) on the Acer. No perceivable cross talk in my eyes and also no backlight bleed but you will have to check with your specific panel once you get it. Make sure to check for IPS glow, if it isn't noticeable in a dark setting, keep the monitor.

I've calibrated my monitor as well and I am getting excellent colors and so should you. In terms of coverage, I got 99.4% of sRGB, 73.7% of Adobe RGB, and 82.2% of DCI-P3 (and that's only after an hour-long calibration, I'm sure with more time I should get slightly better results). I would stick to the sRGB mode if you aren't going to calibrate the monitor with a colorimeter.

I feel that the blur reduction is best on the Acers @120-144HZ. Especially since there is no inverse ghosting or overshoot at all. Regardless, you should have an excellent experience with whichever you go with. If you go with the 25", make sure you get the GX version as there is another version that only does 144HZ.

kofman13

Post by kofman13 » 23 Jun 2020, 16:29

ItwasLuck wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 16:04
kofman13 wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 15:41
No problem! Yes, they use different panels and the 27" has the edge due to the native G-SYNC module. From personal experience with my Acer XB253Q GX, I can say without a doubt you will love the VRB (BFI) on the Acer. No perceivable cross talk in my eyes and also no backlight bleed but you will have to check with your specific panel once you get it. Make sure to check for IPS glow, if it isn't noticeable in a dark setting, keep the monitor.

I've calibrated my monitor as well and I am getting excellent colors and so should you. In terms of coverage, I got 99.4% of sRGB, 73.7% of Adobe RGB, and 82.2% of DCI-P3 (and that's only after an hour-long calibration, I'm sure with more time I should get slightly better results). I would stick to the sRGB mode if you aren't going to calibrate the monitor with a colorimeter.

I feel that the blur reduction is best on the Acers @120-144HZ. Especially since there is no inverse ghosting or overshoot at all. Regardless, you should have an excellent experience with whichever you go with. If you go with the 25", make sure you get the GX version as there is another version that only does 144HZ.
Has anyone here posted good general color settings for the OSD for the XB273x? a colorimeter is probably not in my budget right now as i am doing studio upgrades already, a $999 88 key piano midi controller, $300 studio speakers, and now this monitor for $499 lmao.
do you think the colors are good enough on the XB273x to do content creation? i edit videos on my 29 ultrawide LG from 2017 and its nothing special not calibrated, 99% sRGB apparently in the spacs
out of curiousity, whats the go-to colorimeter? down the road one day i should probably get one so i can stop worrying about colors on multiple monitors
edit2: does the MSI get "best colors? out of these top IPS gaming monitors?