05/22/2020 UPDATE. The IPS 240hz monitor tier list.(I've measured/tried the all) and my honest explanation why.

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
diakou

Re: 05/22/2020 UPDATE. The IPS 240hz monitor tier list.(I've measured/tried the all) and my honest explanation why.

Post by diakou » 28 Dec 2020, 17:20

StareX wrote:
28 Dec 2020, 11:00
diakou wrote:
28 Dec 2020, 04:25
RLCScontender wrote:
27 Dec 2020, 01:38
phpBB [video]

omfg. this is just unfair. the input lag online feels like playing offline on a 240hz monitor :roll:

lol 360hz gives a huge advantage. the difference between this and the pg259qn is that this does not have overshoot. the motion clarity due to minimal motion blur is easily the best ive ever seen in my entire life.

my sponsorship threatened to boot me if i cheat since rocket league only allow a max fps of 250. i literally made a grand champ iii rage quit.

variable overdrive is good throughout the refresh rate range. so evn at 60hz ghosting is kept in check.

Indeed consistent with my experience as well on The Official *Dell Alienware AW2521H 360Hz* Owners Thread
diakou wrote:
09 Dec 2020, 01:37
Playing League of Legends (which btw, only has a 240fps cap, can edit it in the config text files/NVCP outside of game though) with g-sync enabled has been fantastic. I feel like I'm almost cheating versus other players in lane as I am able to consistently react and time certain interactions effortlessly. I was always able to auto attack space so that I get an attack on them, but they do not get one on me and vice-versa depending on my movement and range. But that always required some sort of planning and was not always seamless or able to execute on the possibility. Now I don't even feel like I have to plan it half the time, whenever it presents itself and the timing seems nice, it's almost always guaranteed and I can just go for it without worries that it might have been off-timing.
I feel like I'm almost cheating versus other players

Reaching lower and lower lag truly feels incredible in games - especially in a competitive setting. It becomes a completely different thing, it feels a lot more alive.
you're talking about the Alienware 360Hz one?

Does it really have a very low input lag? I can reach 360+ fps in most games since I have a RTX3090..
should I get it? I'm quite competitive..

Hey - I already stated my opinion on this for other players;
diakou wrote:
09 Dec 2020, 01:37
Quick edit;
I do not think this monitor is worth it if you are not utilizing it at 360Hz - that is an important distinction. I do not think this monitor is worth for superficial reasons either. I do not think this monitor is worth it for most people who need a different hardware upgrade (Ram/GPU/CPU) or Peripherals (Mice/Keyboard) There's also no way of knowing if the MSI or Acer edition will be a lot better or not. I do actually think the MSI 360Hz might turn out really good, just a hunch. I doubt the Acer is much better if better at all however.
At the end of the day, people are different and once you’re in the 240Hz range, the diminishing returns become a bit interesting. However for an input lag psycho such as myself, I do really enjoy what this monitor has brought to the table. I don’t feel comfortable telling other people how to spend their money though. It’s good - that’s all. Better than most if not close to best option for competitive reasons @ 360Hz(FPS)

But it’s not going to make you magically better or anything, it’ll help you maybe utilize more of what you have available but aren’t able to draw out. To me it feels like a limiter remover, but that indicates something is being limited ;P and it’s very easy to constantly blame anything but your own skill when you go down that path.

Good luck.

RLCSContender*

Re: 05/22/2020 UPDATE. The IPS 240hz monitor tier list.(I've measured/tried the all) and my honest explanation why.

Post by RLCSContender* » 29 Dec 2020, 01:31

phpBB [video]
for anyone who think 360hz doesnt make a difference. it's basically cheting. it gives huge advantage( this is a fact, since u see more frames less input lag, and better motion clarity).The motion clarity is 33.33% better. Ghosting is eradicated because the fast moving object is so dominant that the ghosting dissipites before i could see it in my naked. there's virtually no ghosting and the scanrate of 1/360 is the main reason.

PG259qn has overshoot. the alienware does not. so if the criteria is solely based on motion calrity? the alienware aw2521h clearly wins.

. its so easy to hit confirm at 360hz. the input lag is much much lower too. and when u move your camera, the blur only lasts a small amount of time if at all..

360hz gives a humongous advantage. its extremely unfair tbh especially to ppl who cannot afford this monitor and afford a cpu that is strong enough for 360hz

i mean look at this. im toying around with a known TN streamer. doing upside down shenanigans that he rage quit on the spot.

i never blame myself if i lose. i always blame the monitor. this monitor, if i lose i can safely aDmit i lost fair and square.

all the losses ive ever had that wasnt on the 360hz monitor, its because it's the monitor's fault. that is how i became an esports professional. by blaming the monitor. if you blame the monitor but not yourself, that is the best way to get better in my opinion

phpBB [video]
TN user grandchamp iii rage quit against 360hz..mp4
(1.76 MiB) Downloaded 187 times

RLCSContender*

Post by RLCSContender* » 29 Dec 2020, 13:13

quite possibly the douchiest photo most ppl will see.
20201208-110025[1].jpg
20201208-110025[1].jpg (106.66 KiB) Viewed 5516 times
https://ibb.co/MpYrgtS https://i.ibb.co/hHPbg49/20201208-110025.jpg

buzzer beating game winning spider jump upside down ceiling shot pre flip. video.
phpBB [video]
Lenovo Legion y25-25 moment #1.mp4
(5.66 MiB) Downloaded 178 times
season 14 defending chump gets crushed 4-0.

epic 1-5 comeback
coming soon

make it rain
20201206-014756-1[1].gif
20201206-014756-1[1].gif (2.66 MiB) Viewed 5515 times
https://ibb.co/YB4LJY7 https://i.ibb.co/fdVxZBY/20201206-014756-1.gif

mj_rl

Post by mj_rl » 29 Dec 2020, 16:30

phpBB [video]
Yeah supersonic legend ranked match, of course bro... keep bullshitting and lying :)
315799e49f1784a095d58e91abd1a03f[1].png
315799e49f1784a095d58e91abd1a03f[1].png (407.68 KiB) Viewed 5514 times
https://i.gyazo.com/315799e49f1784a095d ... d1a03f.png

And I have to add, you got the full set of the toxic Internet mythomaniac :
- "RLCSContender" omegalol
- "Blame the monitor not yourself", so yeah people in RLCS/RLRS (mostly RLRS tho, RLCS Players mostly got Team Setup with 240Hz monitor) with 144Hz are good even with worse monitor than average ? Yeah of course, training is useless, if you are bad, it's because of the monitor, not you, good self-questioning for a "Top Level player that noone know", curious to have your IG ID to check.
- "Spamming what a save for a basic flick in overtime (not only in this clip, but probably every clip)
- Not answering question when asked
- Still waiting for the proof "you will give us" month ago

Facts are that even if you give some arguments that are quite admissible, you have no authenticity in your words.

Close to be exposed ;)
Last edited by mj_rl on 29 Dec 2020, 17:01, edited 4 times in total.

axaro1

Post by axaro1 » 29 Dec 2020, 16:58

mj_rl wrote:
29 Dec 2020, 16:30
Yeah supersonic legend ranked match, of course bro... keep bullshitting and lying :) close to be exposed
He's kinda cringe but he's funny, you didn't see the video where he casually praise the Lenovo then stops to lift dumbells only to go back to his desk to focus on a wad of cash that he won at a Rocket League tournament, unfortunately he removed a lot of videos, ngl he gave me a good laugh.

It's quite clear that he's not a pro, he has been postponing the "final reveal" for something like 8 months only to end up using the "I don't need to show you any proof, I'd rather stay anonymous" rhetoric.
i mean look at this. im toying around with a known TN streamer. doing upside down shenanigans that he rage quit on the spot.

TN user grandchamp iii rage quit against 360hz.

TN USER BTFO!
XL2566K* | XV252QF* | LG C1* | HP OMEN X 25 | XL2546K | VG259QM | XG2402 | LS24F350[RIP]
*= currently owned

MONITOR: XL2566K custom VT: https://i.imgur.com/ylYkuLf.png
CPU: 5800x3d 102mhz BCLK
GPU: 3080FE undervolted
RAM: https://i.imgur.com/iwmraZB.png
MOUSE: Endgame Gear OP1 8k
KEYBOARD: Wooting 60he

RLCSContender*

Post by RLCSContender* » 29 Dec 2020, 23:17

mj_rl wrote:
29 Dec 2020, 16:30
phpBB [video]

Yeah supersonic legend ranked match, of course bro... keep bullshitting and lying :)

And I have to add, you got the full set of the toxic Internet mythomaniac :
- "RLCSContender" omegalol
- "Blame the monitor not yourself", so yeah people in RLCS/RLRS (mostly RLRS tho, RLCS Players mostly got Team Setup with 240Hz monitor) with 144Hz are good even with worse monitor than average ? Yeah of course, training is useless, if you are bad, it's because of the monitor, not you, good self-questioning for a "Top Level player that noone know", curious to have your IG ID to check.
- "Spamming what a save for a basic flick in overtime (not only in this clip, but probably every clip)
- Not answering question when asked
- Still waiting for the proof "you will give us" month ago

Facts are that even if you give some arguments that are quite admissible, you have no authenticity in your words.

Close to be exposed ;)
Screenshot-20201229-200108-Chrome[1].jpg
Screenshot-20201229-200108-Chrome[1].jpg (89.93 KiB) Viewed 5512 times
https://ibb.co/wpG3Sdp https://i.ibb.co/Zc4tBfc/Screenshot-202 ... Chrome.jpg

ya im exposed alright. u found me! lmfao my steam name is alienwarea36pzmonitortest! and my other steam name is lenovolegiontestagainst noobs

lmfao really dude? i was using my cousin's joke acct. did u ñot see the video? so me using an intentional rocket league joke acct with a joke name didnt give u a hint?

ya ill show u my esports jersey, career etc on a separate upcoming post. i will post that soon.

ya bcuz can do spiderflip dbl jump ceiling shot on a preflip on their 1st try. i can do that blindfolded.

$2400 cashout. thx lenovo legion

phpBB [video]
this vid was before 360hz

axaro1

Post by axaro1 » 30 Dec 2020, 03:41

RLCScontender wrote:
29 Dec 2020, 23:17

ya ill show u my esports jersey, career etc on a separate upcoming post. i will post that soon.
SOON™

Stop postponing, post it now, you are making yourself look like a massive douchebag.
XL2566K* | XV252QF* | LG C1* | HP OMEN X 25 | XL2546K | VG259QM | XG2402 | LS24F350[RIP]
*= currently owned

MONITOR: XL2566K custom VT: https://i.imgur.com/ylYkuLf.png
CPU: 5800x3d 102mhz BCLK
GPU: 3080FE undervolted
RAM: https://i.imgur.com/iwmraZB.png
MOUSE: Endgame Gear OP1 8k
KEYBOARD: Wooting 60he

RLCSContender*

Post by RLCSContender* » 30 Dec 2020, 05:01

Screenshot-65[1].png
Screenshot-65[1].png (131.87 KiB) Viewed 5509 times
https://ibb.co/bRxRKnx https://i.ibb.co/6J2JW52/Screenshot-65.png

I thought this would easily be an indication that the rest is just for entertainment purposes and shock factor. It's LITERALLY RIGHT THERE on the video"legiontestagainstNOOBS" .

This is the main REASON WHY I never post my actual main account, forum detectives will ruin it for everyone by bringing up personal and professional information to be criticized. Obviously, i will never post my main. Being sponsored, my behavior is a REFLECTION of the company that is sponsoring me. I like to keep my topic from the point of view of the consumer, and NOT from the point of view of someone who is being sponsored by the company that he is reviewing. One has a financial incentive, and the other does not. IF it's for a financial incentive, then that person HAS to act a certain way.

The underlying point of the video is yes, this particular monitor is CAPABLE OF being used in a live competitive setting. It's to show everyone how the monitor is when i TEST IT against random people. The rest is just shock factor. Hence the username that i used I thought gave it away.

Now you know chief, that me bringing up my personal and professional information on here isn't smart. THe guy really dug deep looking for whatever NEGATIVE thing to discredit/disparage me. ALso, i know it's been a while but i made a video answering your question. Yeah, i have a speech impediment but i would rather explain it myself than type it up.

phpBB [video]
video answers.mp4
(53.77 MiB) Downloaded 219 times
Anyways back on topic.

btw the latency analyzer from the 360hz alienware is absolutely BOGUS. IT should be taken with a grain of salt. I will write up the double review of both the alienware 360hz and legion.

Suibom

Post by Suibom » 30 Dec 2020, 05:16

@RLCScontender - Again, so much of what you say is not true. That video snippet was not from a known RL streamer. That game snippet you showcased against that low ranking player was NOT a supersonic legend player, which was proven by the other user.
ya bcuz can do spiderflip dbl jump ceiling shot on a preflip on their 1st try. i can do that blindfolded.
That example you displayed was not impressive haha, this is what a good portion of champ 1 to grand champion players can do, it really was not a very good example of showcasing something that you think is insane. You see, some people in this thread have a half decent rating and skill in Rocket League so they can actually spot these details and call out any BS on the topic, I'm one of those people. If you won a tournament then the players you played against must've been pretty mediocre, cause you definitely are not beating any pro with your mechanics.

Your comments about the monitor being the reason for someone succeeding or failing is quite frankly ludicrous. Do you want to know how I can debunk your statement instantly? NRG not too long ago won the RLCS: The Grid Grand Finals (may not be the regionals but still is important), and JSTN did not have his gaming PC or Monitor for the matches, this is what he had to use: https://twitter.com/Its_JSTN/status/1333508846304759809

That's right folks, JSTN is arguably the best player in Rocket League right now and he used that laptop to win the grand finals in the Grid. It does prove that equipment is not quite as important as many believe it to be.
all the losses ive ever had that wasnt on the 360hz monitor, its because it's the monitor's fault. that is how i became an esports professional. by blaming the monitor. if you blame the monitor but not yourself, that is the best way to get better in my opinion
Utter nonsense, I'm not quite sure if you are being serious here because it's a rather preposterous statement to make. Again, as proven by my evidence above.

As a side note, please stop posting snippets of 1v1 matches against low ranked players, it's really annoying and very misleading to other people here who do not play rocket league and would not know whether you're exaggerating/lying on the matter. When you start showing full videos against top pros in 2v2 or 3v3 then we can discuss things further, but since that will NEVER happen because you're not on that level, this whole thing is pointless discussing further.

Stevie66

Post by Stevie66 » 30 Dec 2020, 07:37

Why are you guys responding to this satire thread, though it is pretty amusing. I hope no one takes any of these monitor tier lists seriously though as they are all just personal opinions of one person.