05/22/2020 UPDATE. The IPS 240hz monitor tier list.(I've measured/tried the all) and my honest explanation why.

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
forii

Re: 04/18/2020. The IPS 240hz monitor tier list.(I've measured/tried the all) and my honest explanation why.

Post by forii » 19 Apr 2020, 07:13

RLCScontender wrote:
19 Apr 2020, 06:36
with all due respect, i won't even dignify replying to you if you cannot provide evidence of your claims. Because quite frankly, i don't believe you.

a 144hz, 5ms response time TN is faster than a 240hz, 4ms(3.7ms when i measured it) IPS like the asus? That is literally impossible. Because at higher refresh rates, the better the motion clarity.

TN is TN, not even the covid-19 pandemic will get TN monitors to sell. Your defective Asus vg259qm doesn't speak for every asus monitor. Get it RMA'd and please show me a stationary and pursuit video of the UFO test on your 144hz TN. I would definitely love to see if you think it's remotely faster than a 165hz viewsonic nano monitor. if you do show evidence disproving me, i will show you how much clearer the 240hz MSi is when it comes to fast moving objects.

With that being said, i will take everything you said with a grain of salt unless you provide video evidence backing up your claims. No video=no reply from me.

Gonna be honest with ppl here. 1-2 yrs from now, TN's advantage over IPS is gone. The 240hz IPS monitors are here and a few of them can stand toe to toe with the best TNs, with the luxury of the best viewing angles, most accurate colors, and better contrast ratios.

if a nano IPS 240hz monitor come out, sign me up.

PS i've remained cordial with that post, so don't feel as if i'm being condescending. I wasn't. however, nobody will belileve anything you are saying unless YOU can provide direct evidence of your claims WITHOUT using words. Talk is cheap
Here is the video I just made.

And with all respect I wasn't talking about SPEED and which one is faster, because as I said for me 5ms, 1ms, 4ms - you don't see difference (even you said that comparing asus to msi), its not 1 sec which is 1000ms, its only 4~ms.

Im pretty sure IPS panels will be faster than TN soon enough, but..they didn't yet make the motion clarity same good as TN panels.

Here is the video with my 144hz TN panel, the clarity (the ufo's - the guy inside) is a bit better clear compare to any IPS panels, simply because its TN, not IPS. Due to bad quality camera just focus on the two eyes of the ufo, they are much less blurry than on your Vievsonic IPS. on my TN Panel you can see 2x eyes easier than on IPS panel.

That is why I wanted to know how is the motion clear on that MSI, so I could compare it with my Asus, and decide which one to choose, because I want the best motion clarity as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=how7XkD ... e=youtu.be

ALso I still dont know why you repeat " Your defective asus". How did you conclude that something is wrong with my asus?
Ips can't have same good motion clarity (visibility of the ufo's, enemy visibility, etc) than TN, that is why less % of people choose TN panels due to motion clarity, cuz they don't care about speed of ips or colors.

Anyway, just waiting for the Motion Clarity test on your msi please, if it will be much better - I will definitly choose that monitor instead of my asus, because I care more about motion clarity, which will be as much possible close to TN panels.

But MSI will be in poland at the end of the April, I think I will buy for now VG279QM and have it for 21 days, then ask for RMA + have 14 days more, to wait for MSI.

RLCSContender*

Re: 04/18/2020. The IPS 240hz monitor tier list.(I've measured/tried the all) and my honest explanation why.

Post by RLCSContender* » 19 Apr 2020, 09:16

is that "blue" that i'm seeing or green on the background? and is that grapefruit red or red? jeeez, i din't know colors were that bad. I'm sure the viewing angles will look like doodoo when kicking back or looking from the side, anyway that's beside the poitn.

the results are in folks

This dude's almighty TN vs the fastest 1440p IPS monitor. What would you buy?

AND NO, i didn't cherry pick anything. I will post multiple photos to be sure.

Viewsonic elite xg270qg vs 1ms TN monitor at $79.99 flea market

1ms TN monitor. That looks like crosstalk...didn't know TN monitors had crosstalk.

Here's another picture if in case someone brings up the "bbbut ur just cherry picKing bro"' argument

So nope, not even going to bother posting the MSI because evidently, your tn's "3x way clearer" argumente falls flat and i'm sure most people would agree with me when i showed everybody the side by side photos. .

I will only compare the MSI with a contender that is worthy of being compared to.

RLCSContender*

Post by RLCSContender* » 19 Apr 2020, 09:20

btw, the MSI is a good 1 ms faster than the asus FYI.

Asus 280hz is 4m(3.7)s g2g average, MSI is 3 ms(3.1) g2g average so hardware unboxed was very close to my readings and i can confirm it.

but yes, if youa re disappointed with your asus 280hz ips monitor, then just get a refund and buy the MSI or alienware.

it may seem like i'm "schilling" for MSI but i'm not. I'm not an affiliate marketer, i'm just extremely blunt about things that i have personally tried and tested.

forii

Post by forii » 19 Apr 2020, 09:28

[EDIT by Moderator: Multiple people are getting too hot. Please read Be Nice To Users rules]

Dude, are you ******** or something?

I asked you for MSI Mag - Ufo test - video one,

You forced me to upload a video, and that's what I do.

Now you telling me" I will only compare the MSI with a contender that is worthy of being compared to." - wtf????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

For sure you hide something

Video of msi pls, not pictures... I made a video for you

i want to see video of motion blur in ufo tests by MSI, because I want to buy it, but only if its better than Asus. This pictures doesnt tell me anything
I dont know why u compare it with ur vievsonic, who care about 165hz xD

TN will be always more clear compare to IPS, esspecialy 240hz TN vs 240Hz Ips, dunno why you can't aggree.

Did you ever have TN panel?

And for xx times, I told you i DONT CARE ABOUT SPEED, CAN U SEE DIFFERENCE IN 0,001 second? why u keep telling me difference in ms

i want best motion clarity monitor.

Waiting for MSI mag ufo test (video one)

RLCSContender*

Post by RLCSContender* » 19 Apr 2020, 09:41

no, i said if you posted a video and if it's faster than my gatekeeper monitor, then i will post a video of my MSI

it didn't pass the gatekeeper test. Sorry bud, get your Asus RMA'd and get a replacement or buy the MSI or if you have $800 lying around, buy the viewsonic. Those "blue" UFO background is really meant to be green FYI, my viewsonic IPS has more accurate colors than your TN, so hopefully you get that fixed.

forii

Post by forii » 19 Apr 2020, 09:49

RLCScontender wrote:
19 Apr 2020, 09:41
no, i said if you posted a video and if it's faster than my gatekeeper monitor, then i will post a video of my MSI

it didn't pass the gatekeeper test. Sorry bud, get your Asus RMA'd and get a replacement or buy the MSI or if you have $800 lying around, buy the viewsonic. Those "blue" UFO background is really meant to be green FYI, my viewsonic IPS has more accurate colors than your TN, so hopefully you get that fixed.
NO WE DIDNT TALK ABOUT SPEED, HOW THE F*** YOU WOULD EVEN SEE A SPEED ON THE GHOST TESTING????? ARE U DRUNK? PLEASE SAY YES.
I'm sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear and that's why we didn't understand each other. When I wrote about motion blur, I meant clarity during movement on that ufo test. How is the clarity of the "enemy"(ufo) during movement. And all of the TN's monitors 240hz or even 144hz always has better clarity while moving, unfortunately. Im not talking about ghosting, while this is very minimal.
YOU SAID
"Before i even post results of the MSI, i want you to prove to me the UFO ghosting tests for your TN. A video is a PERFECT proof of this. If what you said is true that your TN can smoke a 240hz IPS monitor, then FOR SURE, your "TN monitor" can smoke my Viewsonic elite xg270qg EASILY. We compare the results and if your TN monitor has better results, then I WILL post my MSI results."

I proved you that my TN is MORE CLEAR with movement compare to any IPS. That is a fact, and doesnt even need a proovs.
Due to bad quality camera just focus on the two eyes of the ufo, they are much less blurry than on your Vievsonic IPS. on my TN Panel you can see 2x eyes easier than on IPS panel.
I DIDNT PROOV THAT IS MORE FAST, BECAUSE I EVEN SAID THAT I DONT CARE ABOUT FAST.

If you dont post a video of msi, which you have because you uploaded a teaser then I will clearly report you because you pissing me off with your texts, saying something wrong of my asus.

You think I don't have eyes? I had even 240 HZ BENQ ZOWIE, its more clear with motion clarity, YEA, ITS NOT FAST, but ITS MORE CLEAR WHILE THE MOVEMENT, thats all,

AND FOR LAST TIME I "PLEASE" YOU TO POST THE VIDEO OF MSI IN GHOSTING TEST, JUST TO SEE IF THE MSI HAS BETTER, SIMILAR, OR WORSE THE MOTION CLARITY, I DONT EVEN WANT TO KNOW IF IT HAS BLUR OR NOT"

BTw. here you can find compare with your vievsonic:
https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/vi ... g270qg.htm

I only mean the motion clarity, the visibility of the ufo, compare to any TN Panel, I choose random monitor with TN panel and just see how more clarity is the ufo

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/ac ... xf252q.htm

I will make it easier for you (pictures from legit review)

TN photo

IPS photo:

AS you can see, and all of the people here, IPS can't have better motion clarity (the visibility of the whole ufo) compare to any 240hz TN, even compare to 144hz TN, because its simply TN panel, which some of them are slower to IPS, but never will be worse in clarity than IPS, unfortunately of course, that is why I wanted to know how is the motion clarity of the MSI, but I think I will pass, because I already know the answer. Speed is nothing even in competive games, but how clear you see moving enemy - matters much more, because you can find the enemy head much easier.
Lucky, the asus got best ELMB with higher brightness, which I will keep using because of best motion clarity, and quite similar to all TN's.

RLCSContender*

Post by RLCSContender* » 19 Apr 2020, 10:11

again, I'm using REAL TIME practical point of view in the best interest of the consumers. 'm the voice of the voiceless. I think for myself and instead of being naive about believing everything I hear on the internet, I DO IT MYSELF and see the REAL TRUTH.I ordered almost every 240hz IPS monitor on amazon. I was neutral at every single one of them. The patterns that i saw will be the same patterns a cosumer will see.

Every reviewer out there is an affiliate marketer. I COMPARED MY VIEWSONIC VS YOUR TN WITH MY MONITOR WITH THE SAME CAMERA, same monitor, same persuit tracking, etc. ; therefore, EVERY BIAS IS COMPLETELY ELIMINATED>in REAL TIME( PLUS video evidence) AND photos of side by side from a non-biased point of view. It doesn't get any more credible than this. But go ahead and take TFT's word because tft claims 4.2 MS response time on the viewsonic yet hardware unboxed claims 5.2 ms response time on viewsonic's "standard" overdrive setting. If you see contradiction among the reviewer community, then clearly financial incentive will easily be the determining factor to these affiliate marketers.

but u know what? i'm a nice guy. however, i'm not going to abide by your criteria. Look at the MSI look at your crosstalked TN. I like to leave people guessing lol. If your TN cannot beat my viewsonic, it cannot beat the MSI in terms of MPRT and ghosting

gonna be honest. I think in terms of ghosting, my viewsonic is equal to your TN; however, MPRT, viewsonic clearly wins since you clearly h ave crosstalk on your TN. MPRT is the most important varible FYI, not ghosting.

MSI

your 144hz TN

RLCSContender*

Post by RLCSContender* » 19 Apr 2020, 11:16

MSI Optix MAG251rx UFO test (stationary) I like to leave people guessing

phpBB [video]

grab your smart phone and do a pursuit test. Quick! you only got 8 seconds!!

forii

Post by forii » 19 Apr 2020, 11:26

RLCScontender wrote:
19 Apr 2020, 11:16
MSI Optix MAG251rx UFO test (stationary) I like to leave people guessing

phpBB [video]

grab your smart phone and do a pursuit test. Quick! you only got 8 seconds!!
just simply do same porsuit test like with your viewsonic, thats all I want to see and just compare with the asus without any comment.

RLCSContender*

Post by RLCSContender* » 19 Apr 2020, 11:54

just download it on YT

or u can just use your TN monitor to watch that video, that way maybe it may add additional crosstalk, who knows lol