[Valorant FPS]- VG279QM vs XL2746s

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: [Valorant FPS]- VG279QM vs XL2746s

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 22 Apr 2020, 02:35

I just say "Right Tool For The Right Job" and also explain everyone sees different, as well as prioritize differently. (vision is complex; everyone sees differently).
Jasa wrote:
21 Apr 2020, 23:54
it is much easier to track somebody flying through the map in a quake/cpma style game (tf2/ratz instagib/reflex/tribes/diabotical/etc.), especially if you're also flying through the map, if you have less motion blur. In something like cs or valorant (from what I've seen, haven't played yet) I'm sure it matters a lot less. Feel free to call all the arena fps players who share my sentiments about motion blur bad at FPS games though lol. And this is also ignoring the more personal reasons that people have about wanting less motion blur (getting headaches from it etc.).
I can concur that Arena shooters benefit far more from strobe technologies than CS:GO does. For casual fun, I long enjoyed an arena shooter on a CRT back in the old days -- Quake 3 Arena on a Voodoo2 back when 3Dfx was still alive and still had their capital D in "3Dfx" in the beginning days.

Also, if you want ultralow-lag strobing rather than best-colors strobing, then XL2546S strobing is probably going to be very hard to beat. All the BenQ 240Hz monitors have very low latency with their strobe modes.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Jasa

Post by Jasa » 22 Apr 2020, 11:37

jnashville wrote:
22 Apr 2020, 02:08
i have the benq xl2546 tn panel.

when i turn on DYAC, it has a little input lag on csgo. Just feel that my shots do not register as well when i turn it off.
Sure: my point is just that if you did prioritize strobing over input lag and wanted a good strobing implementation, without the existence of DYAC you could make the argument that you should get the XG270 over everything else. However, since DYAC exists, that point is moot (in terms of raw gaming performance like Chief alluded to, obviously strobing with good colors is a different story).

DrUninstall

Post by DrUninstall » 24 Apr 2020, 09:26

nightside wrote:
19 Apr 2020, 08:32
Trying to pick a monitor for Valorant.

vg27qm higher hz

xl2746s faster gtg?

What are you opinions?
There are no fast movements in Valorant and the graphics are pretty basic. I'd pick whatever monitor is faster (I'm assuming it's the Benq).

Blehhh

Re: [Valorant FPS] VG279QM vs XL2746s

Post by Blehhh » 04 May 2020, 06:35

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
19 Apr 2020, 16:13
Now, there are other benefits. Colors. IPS versus TN. Etc.

I know this doesn't make your decision easy. That said, the BenQ ZOWIE XL series is more well-tested in esports, while 1ms IPS is very new. Some esports teams have discovered the benefits of 1ms IPS for certain games where IPS benefits more (e.g. certain games other than CS:GO).

Lately, ~75% of esports teams on prosettings-net are using the BenQ ZOWIE XL series 240Hz, so there's a choice between trying something new (and potentially better) or something tried-and-true that wins many championships and big prizes already. But most users won't care about these ultra-tiny differences -- you still want to have fun playing games, and this is where you might prefer good quality IPS colors.

ASUS TUF 280 Hz is sold out at many places, but if you get it, let us know how it performs.

Current 240Hz BenQs:
BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 - 24.5" 1920x1080 TN 240Hz
BenQ ZOWIE XL2546 - 24.5" 1920x1080 TN 240Hz
BenQ ZOWIE XL2740 - 27" 1920x1080 TN 240Hz
BenQ ZOWIE XL2746S - 27" 1920x1080 TN 240Hz
...And the upcoming XL2546S.
Colours for IPS vs TN usually IPS have way better colours (besides viewing angle) but when i watch this review TN vs the new ips panel like VG279QM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf1t-AplcMA

It seems like the colour for Benq XL2540 was better colour than Asus VG279QM and other models like Acer ips and LG ips, Besides viewing angle it seems that benq TN have better colours from that review. Is this because Benq monitor have higher quality TN compared to the rest.
and in my country benq seems to be about 40% pricier than Asus, does this contribute to the quality of Benq panel?
I apologize for asking this question if is already answered, but im very confuse about the results.

1000WATT

Re: [Valorant FPS] VG279QM vs XL2746s

Post by 1000WATT » 04 May 2020, 07:56

Blehhh wrote:
04 May 2020, 06:35
Colours for IPS vs TN usually IPS have way better colours (besides viewing angle) but when i watch this review TN vs the new ips panel like VG279QM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf1t-AplcMA

It seems like the colour for Benq XL2540 was better colour than Asus VG279QM and other models like Acer ips and LG ips, Besides viewing angle it seems that benq TN have better colours from that review. Is this because Benq monitor have higher quality TN compared to the rest.
:lol:
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

Stayle

Post by Stayle » 04 May 2020, 08:29

I mostly agree with forii.
Valorant isn't optimized at all, it's even hard to reach 240 fps constant currently on the beta, hope the game will be optimized for the release.
Response time isn't that much important compared to input lag. You will sense more input lag in game than response time, and which panels have the less input lag ? IPS. And on top of that, the newest IPS 240hz panels have around 3ms same as some old TN (BenQ Xl2546) response time.

It's quite a shame that a 240hz IPS panel can have the same assets for gaming than a TN but also giving you better colors and viewing angles sometimes cheaper than a 240hz TN panel. The choice is easy to make. Except you really can't stand ghosting, which is for me not visible most of the time I play

Thus I don't justify the price of the BenQ, besides the Dyac (which I won't use for esport titles such as Valorant and CSGO because it causes input lag), plain colors of a TN panel, middle range response time, you literally are paying for the brand, the only good thing is the saving profiles.

and Blehhh comment :lol: :lol:

If you want the best TN panel 24", get the Acer Nitro XF252Q (very low input lag for a TN, and one of the lowest response time of the market) I don't know about the colors, but might be as good as some standard TN panel (waiting for mine to come).

The other best choice is the Asus 240hz 27" IPS panel, nothing to say great colors, middle-range response time, low input lag. The only thing that can bother you, are the pixels.

There are new IPS panels 240hz 1ms coming out, such as the Acer Predator Xb253qgxbmiiprzx.

Unless you can wait later this year, Asus and Nvidia has planned a 360hz monitor, but I don't think it will be steady and it might be very pricey.
Or better, 240hz IPS 1440p later this year

LordGurciullo

Post by LordGurciullo » 13 Jun 2020, 16:38

Really? I have the xl2546 as well. I adjusted the crosstalk to be below my crosshair and I cant feel any input lag with that setup Jnashville