Weird lines on screen (both monitors)

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Sanhaii

Weird lines on screen (both monitors)

Post by Sanhaii » 20 Apr 2020, 15:03

I'm unsure if this is the right place to post, but blurbusters always seems to know about the issues I have.

Weird lines develop when im leaving certain apps inactive, I'm using the logitech capture as an example cause this and my texting app signal has it the worst.

Does anyone know what is happening here?
screenissue.png
screenissue.png (501.28 KiB) Viewed 1703 times

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Weird lines on screen (both monitors)

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 Apr 2020, 18:22

Fullsize Link for Zoom: forums.blurbusters.com/download/file.php?id=630

That is very weird, looks like a game of life occuring.

If you were able to screenshot this, it's not caused by the monitor. Maybe a bug somewhere -- like in a software-based Sharpness adjustment creating a self-feedback effect -- or interacting with other settings. Try setting Sharpness off (middle setting or lowest setting, depending on monitor). Are you using any software based sharpness filters?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Sanhaii

Re: Weird lines on screen (both monitors)

Post by Sanhaii » 21 Apr 2020, 12:39

Thanks for the response!

I'm currently using a small sharpen filter in my nvidia 3d settings, I turned this off and it didn't really change it's behaviour, I have the issue on both my screens, my main screen is the AW2518h which doesn't have a sharpen option in itsself. The weird thing is some applications have it and some dont. In my texting app it occurs in photo's, gifs, and text, the text can become almost unreadable till I highlight it, the effect then dissapears.

I attached an example of my texting application aswel now.
Attachments
screenissue2.png
screenissue2.png (85.63 KiB) Viewed 1644 times