Acer XF252Q Smearing?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
kien76

Acer XF252Q Smearing?

Post by kien76 » 24 Apr 2020, 10:15

So i heard this was the best/one of the best tn monitors on the market so i decided the buy it

The monitor feels great and has very fast input lag but the monitor response time seems smeary? this is the 2nd one i ordered because the 1st one had ghosting/ was smeary. The 2nd one feels better but i still notice the smearyness and it doesnt sound like what ive heard with it meant to be a super clean picture when turning? i have nothing to compare it to so i dont know if its meant to be like this, its abit distracting when turning fast, ive tried changing all settings and overdrive idk

Unlimited

Re: Acer XF252Q Smearing?

Post by Unlimited » 24 Apr 2020, 22:52

I just received today the XF252Q
I think one should be careful with this name, because there exist so many variants and in every variant ist part of the name "XF252Q "

So... i have the Nitro XF252QXbmiiprzx.
what a nice and fast and smotth experince!
Best monitor i had until today!
I has some smearing, but it is much much less, the alle the 144Hz Monitors i had before.
Colors are fine...
There is no point 4 complaining.
especially the VBR Mode!
Sharp es hell!
MBR@240Hz

Same as XL2546.

Some guy told me, I should try the Alienware TN/IPS models, they should be even better... so I think i will to try them too....

kien76

Post by kien76 » 25 Apr 2020, 08:00

Unlimited wrote:
24 Apr 2020, 22:52
I just received today the XF252Q
I think one should be careful with this name, because there exist so many variants and in every variant ist part of the name "XF252Q "

So... i have the Nitro XF252QXbmiiprzx.
what a nice and fast and smotth experince!
Best monitor i had until today!
I has some smearing, but it is much much less, the alle the 144Hz Monitors i had before.
Colors are fine...
There is no point 4 complaining.
especially the VBR Mode!
Sharp es hell!
MBR@240Hz

Same as XL2546.

Some guy told me, I should try the Alienware TN/IPS models, they should be even better... so I think i will to try them too....
Hey, its very smoothe but when you turn fast are you seeing a clear motion picture or is it blurry

masneb

Post by masneb » 26 Apr 2020, 14:11

Going to agree. I have no proof of this besides subjective observation, but I think they swapped the panels at some point after initial production run as they were having so many problems with the new sub-1ms panel. I went through 5(?) monitors due to various defects on launch and eventually just stuck with one because I was tired of sending them back and they were still better then my old panel. This was over about 2-3 months.

What I noticed was after sending back the 2nd one I received a panel that seemed slower then the others, but since I didn't have the original panel I still couldn't actively compare them anymore. Unfortunately without TFTcentral making a new review or Rtings, it's very difficult to figure this out if they did a switcharoo to save costs or on returns.

You can read more about my returns here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5676

kien76

Post by kien76 » 28 Apr 2020, 06:21

masneb wrote:
26 Apr 2020, 14:11
Going to agree. I have no proof of this besides subjective observation, but I think they swapped the panels at some point after initial production run as they were having so many problems with the new sub-1ms panel. I went through 5(?) monitors due to various defects on launch and eventually just stuck with one because I was tired of sending them back and they were still better then my old panel. This was over about 2-3 months.

What I noticed was after sending back the 2nd one I received a panel that seemed slower then the others, but since I didn't have the original panel I still couldn't actively compare them anymore. Unfortunately without TFTcentral making a new review or Rtings, it's very difficult to figure this out if they did a switcharoo to save costs or on returns.

You can read more about my returns here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5676
Yeah i notice something to, my first monitor stand i was able to adjust the panel right to the bottom and on the 2nd one i wasnt able to so that isnt out of the question

Unlimited

Post by Unlimited » 05 Jun 2020, 12:38

I have the Nitro XF252QXbmiiprzx now for a little more then one month.
I AM SOOO DAMMMMN HAPPY!!!
;))))

Guys, I don't know, what to say.... this monitor is the absolute final crown of a 30year long evolution of TN-Panels!!

And I think, it will be one of the lasts of its kind, because the whole industry goes now for IPS, which at the moment CANNOT compete with this wunderful monitor.
Everywhere in the forums, you can find the brainwash.
How they try to talk TN bad.

Matter of fact is: NOT ONE IPS can compete with this relativly low-priced TN.
Alienware TN/IPS models 1ms whatever.
Forget it.

NO CHANCE.
This Monitor offers the best of the best.
MBR @240HZ @very bright picture!
extremly sharp.

Did I mention yet how extremly happy I am with this Model?
For this little money!!!
Crazy!!
Its even better then its double priced G-Sync brother Acer Predator XN253Q Xbmiprzx, because of MBR @full 240Hz and with less lag.
Nobody needs no Synch at all @240Hz... you dont need gsynch, you dont need freesynch.
dont pay for things, that make the experience worse because of added lag.

I really think, this will be the last and best TN... at least, one of them.. the industry is on the way to bury TN.
Alternative name seems to be Acer UM.KX2EE.X01.
try to get one of these, before it is to late...
;)

Unlimited

Post by Unlimited » 05 Jun 2020, 13:23

I was really deep into Monitors, the last 2 month and I think, the Acer Nitro XF252Q Xbmiiprzxis is the most underrated monitor 2020