Asus vg27qm compared to viewsonic xg270

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Jaffamuffin

Asus vg27qm compared to viewsonic xg270

Post by Jaffamuffin » 01 May 2020, 06:37

Hello

I’m going to buy 1 of these monitors most likely. I see the viewsonic being blurbusters approved, its looks great from reading the various posts, the 60fps at 120hz strobed for ‘crt clarity’ on 2d / emu /scrolling-games sounds amazing.

I play a variety of games, mostly quake live, some project cars, but alot of smaller quirky titles usually 2d top down side on type things controlling characters on screen

But then i saw the asus vg27qm which has 280hz, people are raving about it on the review sites etc, there’s great commentry on here, but saying that actuall 240hz is better for it (and 224 hz is better for the viewsonic ? ) but I haven’t seen anything directly comparing them. Can someone highlight the pros/cons of each of these against each other? I’m leaning to wards the viewsonic but is there any reason why i should consider opting for the asus

Many many thanks