ASUS VG248QC Gaming

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
yel1r

ASUS VG248QC Gaming

Post by yel1r » 03 May 2020, 05:20

Hi all,

For years I have used lightboost with a BENQ XL2411T and was happy with the smoothness of my monitor. Since the current covid situation, I am gaming more than before and even received a gift. That gift is the ASUS VG248QC Gaming monitor (165hz).
I received the gift because I completely upgraded my setup (went from an 8 year old GFX to 1660 GTX OC, etc.) and my new video only had DVI and DP plugs. After putting the PC together and now using this monitor, I am noticing a lot more blur than before using my old BENQ.

I play CS:GO on quite a competitive level. At first I thought I must get used to the new monitor first and so on, but it's been 5 weeks now and my game still feels very off. It feels as if my system entirely is running much more smooth (e.g. 300+ fps almost constantly, lowest dips usually around 240). Yet, the game 'looks' to run a lot less smooth than my FPS is telling me. Moving a bit fast with my mouse makes it look a lot more blurry and all.
I read about the ELMB, but turning that on only works on 120 hertz or below. It makes me wonder why I would have a 165hz monitor without being able to eliminate blurr on 144 or 165hz. So I was thinking about replacing the monitor I got. I saw that I can get a BenQ XL2411P for even less than the cost of this monitor. Also, since I was so satisfied with BenQ and the use of lightboost and all, it feels only logical to me to stick with them.

Before making a decision on purchasing a different (maybe even other than the XL2411P?) I tried to understand if there is anything I can do to reduce the blurryness of this monitor. Is there anything I am missing here or doing wrong in trying to reduce blurryness in my game? Overall the monitor looks great and I love the colours on it. But the main purpose of the monitor is the use it for high competitive CS:GO, so I really need it to be as smooth as possible. And currently, it is a bit too blurry I'd say.
If anyone could be of any help, it would be highly appreciated. Thank you.